Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FurDenKaiser1914

On the Current Situation of CotE

23 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
18,751 posts
578 battles

Right now, Team Fire has won. Yes, Team Water is slowly making our way towards winning this round, but there's no way it will happen in 2 days. Unless everyone on Team Fire dies for some reason, it's not gonna happen. So yeah, that's it I guess.

But I swear, if Team Fire gets a wallpaper when they win, I want all the stuff Team Water would've gotten if we won. Because that's just not fair.

Members
38 posts
2,322 battles

You want another wall paper for coe? there's already 3 of em..

And nope: "I want all the stuff Team Water would've gotten if we won"  

yeah, it's called not winning, ie. losing. hence, therefore, you get a diddly squat. "if we won" but you won't, fire is gonna win and they'll get the winner's purse.. so why do you feel special and whine about getting crap as a loser? <- this is a rhetorical question, you prolly went to a school where everyone got a smiley face for effort, and both teams got the trophy in sports cuz, no scores were kept

Losers whine, winners go home and fk the prom queen.

• Cool 1

Members
7,086 posts

It's fair, it's just badly designed.

How is it fair? A "team" that was never really a team (had no leadership, no organization, no strategic or tactical approach - nor was any of this ever possible) beat another "team" that was never really a team, in an exceedingly arbitrary stat race which, oh, by the way, was significantly meddled with on like the third day of the competition, after which the losing team never recovered. It's like rewarding half of Wargaming's playerbase for winning a coinflip... except the coin was weighted on one side.

So, yeah. I don't think it was either fair or well-designed. The best you can say is that WG had good intentions, but the execution was terrible on all fronts.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Tiger
  • Cool 2

Privateers
511 posts
4,629 battles

But I swear, if Team Fire gets a wallpaper when they win, I want all the stuff Team Water would've gotten if we won. Because that's just not fair.

zdeJd9o.gif

Edited by HellaCopterRescue

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I think events like this that needlessly divide the community, distributing rewards really just based on whether you lucked out and picked the right team or not are pretty silly.

• Cool 2

Members
873 posts
14,547 battles

It doesn't matter if you were on the winning or losing side. It was about grinding to get the R (which they said would never be sold again) in a nifty blue or red camo. Anyone who signed up could get that or any of the other goodies in the shop.

Members
7,086 posts

It doesn't matter if you were on the winning or losing side. It was about grinding to get the R (which they said would never be sold again) in a nifty blue or red camo. Anyone who signed up could get that or any of the other goodies in the shop.

Where the heck is the shop, by the way?

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

So, you want the prize, even though you lost the race?

Ah, good sir, that simply isn't going to happen.

News flash, life doesn't hand out participation trophies. The trophy is the actual participation. Suck it up, homey, suck it up.

• Cool 1

Members
7,086 posts

News flash, life doesn't hand out participation trophies. The trophy is the actual participation. Suck it up, homey, suck it up.

Wow. I really, really hope you're joking. See, the offensive thing about participation trophies is that a team with a coach and, presumably, a plan - but, most importantly, where the effort of participants mattered - played another team similarly equipped, and lost. You, on the other hand, randomly chose a faction in which your individual contribution mattered to such an infinitesimally minor degree as to not even be statistically valid, and that random fraction happened to prevail... and you have the gall to bully people about sucking it up?

I've been pretty steadfast through this entire event: I didn't care about the rewards. But this attitude that you're somehow better because team fire happened to win; that you mattered in that victory; that the fix wasn't in when team water was locked - that's ridiculous.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Tiger

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

I want all the stuff Team Water would've gotten if we won. Because that's just not fair.

I wrote a troll comment once, can I get a noble prize in literature please? I feel like it wouldn't be fair not giving me said prize as I really tried.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,147 battles

Wow. I really, really hope you're joking. See, the offensive thing about participation trophies is that a team with a coach and, presumably, a plan - but, most importantly, where the effort of participants mattered - played another team similarly equipped, and lost. You, on the other hand, randomly chose a faction in which your individual contribution mattered to such an infinitesimally minor degree as to not even be statistically valid, and that random fraction happened to prevail... and you have the gall to bully people about sucking it up?

I've been pretty steadfast through this entire event: I didn't care about the rewards. But this attitude that you're somehow better because team fire happened to win; that you mattered in that victory; that the fix wasn't in when team water was locked - that's ridiculous.

Here's a fact of life: You lost suck it up and stop crying. Just because it was 'meddled' with still doesn't mean you deserve anything special just because you chose a team that was so hyper popular that it was forced to be locked down. 

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

You want another wall paper for coe? there's already 3 of em..

And nope: "I want all the stuff Team Water would've gotten if we won"  

yeah, it's called not winning, ie. losing. hence, therefore, you get a diddly squat. "if we won" but you won't, fire is gonna win and they'll get the winner's purse.. so why do you feel special and whine about getting crap as a loser? <- this is a rhetorical question, you prolly went to a school where everyone got a smiley face for effort, and both teams got the trophy in sports cuz, no scores were kept

Losers whine, winners go home and fk the prom queen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F YEAH!!!!!!!!

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

Right now, Team Fire has won. Yes, Team Water is slowly making our way towards winning this round, but there's no way it will happen in 2 days. Unless everyone on Team Fire dies for some reason, it's not gonna happen. So yeah, that's it I guess.

YEAH! ME TOO!!!! And I didn't even participate.
Edited by Shadow_1964

18,751 posts
578 battles

Whoops, looks like people took the prize thing seriously.

[BLKHS]
Members
13 posts

This thing was a joke from the beginning.  Who would be dumb enough to pick the losing team when the score is clearly visible?  this was much more difficult than any marathon mission for working people as well so many players simply didnt even try to get more than one of the lower tier prizes.  I dont care who won but, this was just a poorly designed "event".

Members
272 posts
5,408 battles

I don't know what the prize is, but like edge case said it's fair but maybe not well designed. Didn't feel like a team event at all, and the grind for a Kamikaze must have been disgusting.

Members
6,894 posts
14,881 battles

So many posts - so much fail.  Life is not fair and this even has not divided anyone unless they did the division themselves for no good reason.  So now should I get the other premiums I did not won because they were "not fair"?  (Not fair apparently means I should get stuff period).

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

How is it fair? A "team" that was never really a team (had no leadership, no organization, no strategic or tactical approach - nor was any of this ever possible) beat another "team" that was never really a team, in an exceedingly arbitrary stat race which, oh, by the way, was significantly meddled with on like the third day of the competition, after which the losing team never recovered. It's like rewarding half of Wargaming's playerbase for winning a coinflip... except the coin was weighted on one side.

So, yeah. I don't think it was either fair or well-designed. The best you can say is that WG had good intentions, but the execution was terrible on all fronts.

Do I need to bring up how the top clans tried to stack Team Water in the very beginning, and how most people early on bandwagoned Team Water with them, which caused that team to have a rather significant advantage in the number of members it had?

You're only complaining because the event didn't go your way.

18,751 posts
578 battles

mQm6Dkh.jpg

(Sorry for the super outdated picture.)

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

Compensation =/= Participation Trophy. Alpha/Beta testing is not a competition, we were simply creating data for WG and was compensated for the effort.

18,751 posts
578 battles

Compensation =/= Participation Trophy. Alpha/Beta testing is not a competition, we were simply creating data for WG and was compensated for the effort.

Shhhhhh....

Though technically it is for participation. You needed a certain amount of battles for it, and that's why I don't have the Arkansas.

Sign in to follow this