You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Think this could ever happen with our server?

22 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

"RU disables manual region selection starting May 4th, introduced automatic IP tracking. This measure is introduced as a basis for experiments in  pricing discrimination"

Good or bad for our players from other countries that play on our server?

Edited by renegadestatuz

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Considering that I'll be in Abu Dhabi over the summer, a move like that might just screw me. 

• Cool 1

Members
6,588 posts
8,581 battles

I dunno, seems like something to do with the premium shop more than being able to access servers across the world from a non-native region.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I dunno, seems like something to do with the premium shop more than being able to access servers across the world from a non-native region.

Looks like it could potentially make stuff more expensive or less expensive for some players on the server.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

Please, don't force me back to the EU servers... I want to stay here... Please... :(

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,761 battles

Considering that I'll be in Abu Dhabi over the summer, a move like that might just screw me. 

No worries of that happening River! everyone knows not to mess with lolis!:trollface:

Members
665 posts
5,459 battles

please let's not bring this to NA.... don't banish me to SEA!!!! :(

Amen to that brother........would be the end of me I think if I had to return there.
  • Cool 1

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

Lol visiting Carmel, Malibu, LA, or another such city could be bad too lol. :coin:

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

It applies to the Premium shop:

1. You can play on any server you want 

2. The Premium Shop you have access to will be determined by the IP you are playing from

3. This is being done so that you see your local currency in the Premium Shop

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

please let's not bring this to NA.... don't banish me to SEA!!!! :(

Amen to that brother........would be the end of me I think if I had to return there.

Ditto....happy here
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I think it's irrelevant.

From the reddit thread:

[–]Arzamas 6 points 5 hours ago 

You are right. Native russian speaker here. Basically you can play on whatever server you like but your premium shop will be always in currency of the country you live in (they gonna check the IP you are playing from).

it just means if we play on SEA server, we will pay NA prices.  Could be a good thing for the more tech savvy.  If you can disguise your IP to look like somewhere with lower prices, you might be able to get ships at a discount.

Edited by crzyhawk

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
339 posts
4,345 battles

It applies to the Premium shop:

1. You can play on any server you want 

2. The Premium Shop you have access to will be determined by the IP you are playing from

3. This is being done so that you see your local currency in the Premium Shop

thats a bad thing for me. everytime i go on the premium shop it tries to tell me things in Zim dollars, nevermind the fact that the zim dollar died 8 years ago and we've been using USD ever since.
  • Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

So you're actually Nermal, and that's when you're visiting Garfield?

:trollface:

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

Wat! Are you saying its currently possible to buy stuff from other region Premium shop & have it applied to my NA account?

[MCWF]
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Please, don't force me back to the EU servers... I want to stay here... Please... :(

Yep also want to stay here. On the other hand: NA shop is the most expensive.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

You'd think NA was most expensive but those in the thread argue the EU server is most expensive... if it works as most folks "think" then they'll have to do the appropriate conversion to local funds at the time of purchase. 

This could go either way for them... think of tourism... people travel from the US of A to the EU.

If the exchange rate favors US of A traveler, they'll spend a bit more freely, do more things. If the exchange rate favors the EU Server - that is it is more expensive to buy something on the EU server than it is on the NA server, the US of A traveler may not travel at all. If they do travel, they will spend less in local funds. 

The only reason I can see for implementing something along these lines has to do with the potential levies of governments - taxes. 

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

Yep also want to stay here. On the other hand: NA shop is the most expensive.

But I can actually communicate with my team without having seven Dictionaries next to me. I am willing to pay a bit more if it means that my gameplay experience is more enjoyable.

[BONKZ]
[BONKZ]
Members
1,629 posts
16,280 battles

Use a VPN, non-issue.

Using this will it now be possible to bargain hunt the best prices, load up VPN, log into my NA account and access the cheapest shops?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Using this will it now be possible to bargain hunt the best prices, load up VPN, log into my NA account and access the cheapest shops?

Assuming it ever happens to our server, possibly. Right now they're just implementing it on the RU server to test it out. I would assume though that if it goes well in their opinion, that they could implement it across the other servers as well.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[MCWF]
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

You'd think NA was most expensive but those in the thread argue the EU server is most expensive... if it works as most folks "think" then they'll have to do the appropriate conversion to local funds at the time of purchase. 

This could go either way for them... think of tourism... people travel from the US of A to the EU.

If the exchange rate favors US of A traveler, they'll spend a bit more freely, do more things. If the exchange rate favors the EU Server - that is it is more expensive to buy something on the EU server than it is on the NA server, the US of A traveler may not travel at all. If they do travel, they will spend less in local funds. 

The only reason I can see for implementing something along these lines has to do with the potential levies of governments - taxes. 

The ships usually cost me about 10% less if I could buy them on the EU server. I paid €22.30 for the Duca here but I would have paid €19 at EU.Their bundles offer most of the time more then the NA ones for the same price. When you get 7 days premium here as and extra you get usually 30 days at EU. Same with gold.