Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

Members
6,889 posts
14,880 battles

V49E1db.jpg

Did not end well obviously - my Karma probably dropped a couple points as I made note of this general bad "strategy"....  This winds up in a loss - 99% of the time.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

The only other option is "Split your forces and send 1-2 destroyers and a cruiser to D to face the entire enemy fleet while all the battleships and the rest of the cruisers circle in A doing nothing", so...

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

I've been in games with strategy like that on that map several times and it's worked.   Sometimes it just goes south and you get steam rolled because the other team the entire team decides to go to the same side that your entire team went to.  Not that big of a deal.

Several times would indicate that the majority of the time it doesn't work unless the other team is full of below average players.

Members
6,889 posts
14,880 battles

Didn't help the CV never moved even after I told them to move.  But fact is - this fails 99.99999% of the time.  It is as bad as sending ships mid immediately upon game start.

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

Pushing 1 side isn't a bad strategy if your team is aggressive enough. In your case, it looks like the team didn't push the advantage they should've had at D. You win some, you lose some.

Members
6,889 posts
14,880 battles

If I remember correctly a grand total of 4 red ships went A - a good 2-3 ships on our side could have stopped them.  I hated joining the train but I was in the Spee which as much as I like it - is not going to take on X number of ships by myself.  Never give the red team easy points...

Edited by CylonRed

[BONKZ]
[BONKZ]
Members
1,629 posts
16,280 battles

Works just as often as splitting your forces and having one of the groups get overwhelmed. Just more of a case of passive play. If you have the ship advantage be aggressive and push through.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Pushing 1 side isn't a bad strategy if your team is aggressive enough. In your case, it looks like the team didn't push the advantage they should've had at D. You win some, you lose some.

Works just as often as splitting your forces and having one of the groups get overwhelmed. Just more of a case of passive play. If you have the ship advantage be aggressive and push through.

It is not easy to push through "D" cap on two brothers from the northern spawn, especially in a CV game.

Your options of such push are either going straight into the cap through a choke point or going behind the island at E8 and then into/around the cap. Both options leave you dealing with torp walls in a tight space and enemy that has access to better island cover.

Ultimately this push will not happen fast unless the enemy is bad.

Going all in on A point could be a better idea if you want to contest only one of the caps. 

Let's not forget that you are giving 1 out of 2 caps to the enemy for free while you have to fight for the remaining one, and giving up map control entirely.

Sign in to follow this