Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IronWolfV

The eternal dance of 53%

88 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,045 battles

Yes it's about my stats. If that is going to trigger you, do yourself a favor, just stop reading.

ANYWAYS, I seem to be stuck lately on this dry, rinse and repeat dance of just get over 53%, then get knocked back to 52.75, then crawl back up over the 53 hump to be just knocked back again to just under 53.

Damn, I want to break the cycle, but I just can't. I am doomed to continue this sad tale.

/end rant

Disclaimer. This is a rant, and only a rant. If this was a serious post you would of been promoted at the beginning. This concluds the use of the ranting network.

GAME ON!

• Cool 2

30,523 posts
6,045 battles

Stats don't matter.

From a certain point of view.

[LMNA]
Members
531 posts
6,862 battles

From a factual point of view.

You're welcome.

Edited by Zero_Kelvin
  • Cool 1

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

I've been doing the 55% dance for a while myself.

Divisioning with the right people tends to help bring me back above 55%. I see you haven't divisioned in a while. Maybe you should try that.

30,523 posts
6,045 battles

You're welcome.

Again from your point of view.

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

From a certain point of view.

Purple is the best color this is true.

And LWM has a guide for that?

[BOTES]
Members
311 posts
9,599 battles

Your individual statistics rely almost solely on your team. If you are in the top 5 of your team, you are doing what you should be doing, you cannot win a game alone, if your team sucks worse than the enemy team, you will lose.

This game is a joke and should not be taken seriously or competitively. If you want a competitive game where you can progressively get better at and have stats to back that up, I suggest FPS' or games where you fight only 1-3 people at a time. This game is not a game where personal progress means very much. It's a game where the weakest link breaks the whole chain. You can only improve your odds at winning slightly.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Your individual statistics rely almost solely on your team. If you are in the top 5 of your team, you are doing what you should be doing, you cannot win a game alone, if your team sucks worse than the enemy team, you will lose.

This game is a joke and should not be taken seriously or competitively. If you want a competitive game where you can progressively get better at and have stats to back that up, I suggest FPS' or games where you fight only 1-3 people at a time. This game is not a game where personal progress means very much. It's a game where the weakest link breaks the whole chain. You can only improve your odds at winning slightly.

My 59% solo win rate over the last 900 or so games begs to differ.

It's possible to improve. Just don't give up, keep trying to find areas to improve in, and continue learning. You can make a massive difference in teams, and in the battle results, win or lose. Don't ever think otherwise. 

• Cool 3

[NO]
Members
865 posts
9,344 battles

We all have those personal milestones don't we?   61.25% is my own personal best and it's 61.14% right now... grrr!!!  

Stay alive longer and farm more damage for the next 100 games than you did for the last 100 games.  At least one of those games will be a close victory that otherwise wouldn't have been.

Edited by LordBenjamin

[PNGYN]
Members
493 posts
4,004 battles

While I don't believe that stats are everything, they can tell you a lot of important things. 

For example: If you have a 60% survival percentage in your Fuso then stats can tell you that you might be playing too passivley. 

Or if you have a 5% survival in your shiney Horse, then you might be yoloing. 

Just my two cents on stats. 

Keep trucking though Talon!

Members
5,202 posts

^^^ Where do these people come from? Such a defeatist attitude. 
  • Cool 5

Members
955 posts
17,468 battles

My first 2000 games I was 53 to 54. Now I'm about 56 slowly climbing after 4500 games. 

[BOTES]
Members
311 posts
9,599 battles

^^^ Where do these people come from? Such a defeatist attitude. 

Having played thousands of games and spending hundreds of hours studying / playing / learning how to hard carry. I have done study on how to play maps and where to go, how to counter enemy movements, where to put pressure, which ships to focus fire. Yet doing all this, I am actually getting worse the more I play this game, instead of getting better. The massive amount of effort I've put into this game to get better is not rewarding me in the slightest. This is a game that a single player can not carry 11 other players.

Look at my score and compare it to the winning team.

IyTRHBs.jpg

Members
955 posts
17,468 battles

Having played thousands of games and spending hundreds of hours studying / playing / learning how to hard carry. I have done study on how to play maps and where to go, how to counter enemy movements, where to put pressure, which ships to focus fire. Yet doing all this, I am actually getting worse the more I play this game, instead of getting better. The massive amount of effort I've put into this game to get better is not rewarding me in the slightest. This is a game that a single player can not carry 11 other players.

IyTRHBs.jpg

although it might not seem like it.  It could be the player base is getting better at the same time. 

[K-P-M]
Members
1,616 posts
18,452 battles

Yes it's about my stats. If that is going to trigger you, do yourself a favor, just stop reading.

ANYWAYS, I seem to be stuck lately on this dry, rinse and repeat dance of just get over 53%, then get knocked back to 52.75, then crawl back up over the 53 hump to be just knocked back again to just under 53.

Damn, I want to break the cycle, but I just can't. I am doomed to continue this sad tale.

/end rant

Disclaimer. This is a rant, and only a rant. If this was a serious post you would of been promoted at the beginning. This concluds the use of the ranting network.

GAME ON!

Same here trying to get to 52%:angry:

[BOTES]
Members
311 posts
9,599 battles

although it might not seem like it.  It could be the player base is getting better at the same time. 

That would be a great explanation for it, but it is sadly not. Since I have done much study of the game, I can tell, now more than ever, if someone is playing badly or not. Especially during this event, people have been playing extremely horribly. Bismarck pushing into islands infested with 3 dds, shimakaze bumrushing a kutuzov, half the team pushes east side when by the time they are half way across the map, the faster enemy BBs and ships are already capping our base from a western push. German BBs, grobes, kurfursts, staying at max range and sniping. I am almost always within the top 5 scorers of my team.

Game I just played

1EtoAVA.jpg

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,250 battles

IyTRHBs.jpg

So this is happening to you every game??? Or do you not think that if you put out this type of game every time you left port that you are more likely to win that match? 

[NO]
Members
865 posts
9,344 battles

IyTRHBs.jpg

Your average tier is going up too though.  The same thing happened to me when I started playing in a lot of high tier games.   The meta changes slightly because things get a lot more HP and cruisers get more repairs, etc.  The style changes a bit and WR can drop easily until you adjust habits.

[BOTES]
Members
311 posts
9,599 battles

So this is happening to you every game??? Or do you not think that if you put out this type of game every time you left port that you are more likely to win that match? 

While I'm not racking up 200k+ games every match, the type of performance of myself and my allies is roughly the same every game. I fight extremely hard every match to win.

My recent stats tell the story of how my hard work is paying off.

Members
5,202 posts

IyTRHBs.jpg

Your sig says you're doing at least something right. 

A couple thoughts...

- Don't get too discouraged by losing streaks. They're small sample sizes and don't reflect the overall picture of your contribution. 

- It looks like your woes are occuring at higher tiers. It can be a real challenge carrying at that level. Personally, I avoid high tiers unless I'm in a division. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,250 battles

While I'm not racking up 200k+ games every match, the type of performance of myself and my allies is roughly the same every game. I fight extremely hard every match to win.

My recent stats tell the story of how my hard work is paying off.

That doesn't answer the second question. But you are basically implying guys like KW, AutismSpeaks and Doc Citadel are being carried by their teams?

Sign in to follow this