You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iHaveNoIntelligence

6.4.1 Patch note

47 comments in this topic

Members
1,817 posts
9,029 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patching-the-ship/

Balance Corrections

The power and firing range of the 57mm /60 ACAD Mle 1951 AA weapons for the cruiser Henri IV were increased: damage per second was changed from 97 to 204 and range from 3.5 km to 4.5 km.

Maximum speed was increased from 35 to 39 knots for the cruiser Émile Bertin.

Production Test Only

Hood:

Now, defensive AA increases the intensity of fire of only UP AA Rocket Mark I (the accuracy of squadron fire is decreased only within the UP AA Rocket Mark I engagement area). The intensity was increased 25 fold; defensive AA fire is active for one minute (60 seconds).

When superstructures, casemates, service spaces above casemates, plates, and hulls are hit, the rate of restored HP is increased from 0.5 to 0.6.

AP shell fuse arming delay is up to 0.15 seconds (was up to 0.33 seconds).

AP shell ricochet angles are similar to the 203 mm AP shell ricochet angles on U.S. heavy cruisers.

Turret rotation speed was increased to 6 degrees per second (previously 5 degrees per second).

Rudder shift time was decreased to 13.4 seconds (previously 15.8 seconds).

Firing range was increased by 1 km (18,570 m).

Kaga:

The distance between the first and the second torpedo bomber lines is increased by 15 metres, from 300 to 315 metres.

*disclaimer: someone says the hood traverse buff is supposed to be vertical travers and not horizontal. he claims that translating teams have mistaken

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

*disclaimer: someone says the hood traverse buff is supposed to be vertical travers and not horizontal. he claims that translating teams have mistaken

That seems most likely, Hood's Turret Traverse was never 5°/sec that I know of

Members
5,202 posts

Production Test Only

Hood:

AP shell fuse arming delay is up to 0.15 seconds (was up to 0.33 seconds).

AP shell ricochet angles are similar to the 203 mm AP shell ricochet angles on U.S. heavy cruisers.

Ah, yes... glorious British AP. 

Pen ALL the things!!!

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

And I'm just over here excited for the fact that in the PTS, they finally added the ability to demount camo.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

And I'm just over here excited for the fact that in the PTS, they finally added the ability to demoing camo.

Really? Sweet!

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

I hope they fix a couple of bugs as well.

[HGTWN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
98 posts
3,097 battles

I hope the Warspite eventually gets traverse buff like the hoods (not that she really needs it but it would make her more comfortable to play).

Edit: Nevermind. Missed the part about it being a"vertical" traverse buff

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,907 battles

I feel so sorry for my torpedo polisher and posse. That's a lot of chipping paint off and back into the buckets... 

Not sure what the point of the elevation change on Hoods' guns is, AFAIK Hood had a max elevation of 30', but in game she gets far shorter range than IRL so doesn't need to use all of it (in game 18.5km vs 24+ IRL hits). So it's buffing total possible elevation time from <6s down to <5s. Given the time it takes to traverse horizontally, or the 30s it takes to reload I can't imagine elevation ever being useful, I've certainly never noticed it on Warspite. 

What a waste of time. 

The Def. AA change makes a lot of sense (very local effect and pilots so amused they fluff their attacks - it should come with a fire critical on the superstructure as the air mines drift back) but makes Hood hideously vulnerable looking to torpedo bombers. Compared to Scharnhorst she has about 2/3 the long range AA DPS, is ~30m longer and has a 100m wider turning circle. Oh dear. Compared to Gneis it's worse on the AA. It's fine to have a weakness, but being deleted by competent same/higher tier carriers (or hey, who wants to fight Saipan's T9 TB's with 65 dps AA...?) is a poor balance. You should always have a chance. 

Greater availability of HP for the repair party is good, but wasn't Hoods' major issue, though it will help with spam damage. 

The AP changes I have mixed feelings on. Hard to judge what they'll do as her guns already overmatch quite a lot, and even if they don't autobounce lack good pen at range. Penetrating BB's shouldn't be an issue, and not sure if it'll make a difference on firing on DD's - however, do cruisers really need another apex predator?

[TBLF]
Members
557 posts
8,429 battles

From what I understand, turret traverse is unchanged and yes this is just elevation, asides from the defensive fire being buffed to 60 seconds I believe it gets one more consumable (4 with DF II and 3 with DF instead of the 3/2 it had before).

Interested to see if the additional DF consumable makes it in 0.6.4.1 as well.

That comes from comparing 0.6.4 and a leaked copy of 0.6.5 on GM3d so we'll just have to wait and see if it shows up as well

Increased elevation traverse seems as useful as the jump from 6 degrees a second elevation on Furutaka's A and B hull to 12 degrees on the C hull I.E. completely unnoticeable.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

And I'm just over here excited for the fact that in the PTS, they finally added the ability to demoing camo.

As in, all camo? Meaning, I won't need to use the camo remover anymore?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

As in, all camo? Meaning, I won't need to use the camo remover anymore?

The in game camo. Now, you have to destroy the camo to get it off your ship. In the new update, you can demount and not destroy it same as signal flags.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

The in game camo. Now, you have to destroy the camo to get it off your ship. In the new update, you can demount and not destroy it same as signals flags.

Thank God for that, I hate having to throw away credits every time I want to do that.

Members
1,817 posts
9,029 battles

Traverse always means horizontal.  The definition is to 'move back and forth or sideways'.  And why would they buff the elevation rate?  It has to be horizontal.

Because hood doesn't have 5deg/sec traverse to begin with. Hood has 60 sec/ 180deg rotation that makes 3 deg/sec

Edited by Treediagram

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

The in game camo. Now, you have to destroy the camo to get it off your ship. In the new update, you can demount and not destroy it same as signal flags.

Oh... so I still have to use the camo-remover?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Oh... so I still have to use the camo-remover?

Why do you use the camo-remover? If you dont want to see camos in game, they've added a new filter/feature with the new update that makes it so you can switch off all content or camos in game:) so you can have a camo on your ship for the bonus but see her naked instead https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt065/

Unless I read it wrong :(

Edited by renegadestatuz

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Why do you use the camo-remover? If you dont want to see camos in game, they've added a new filter/feature with the new update that makes it so you can switch off all content or camos in game:) so you can have a camo on your ship for the bonus but see her naked instead https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt065/

Unless I read it wrong :(

Because I don't like the unhistorical camos in game. Even the camos I do like, I don't use, it distracts from the lines and aesthetics of the ship istelf.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

So... With EM, how fast wiill the turrets now turn after the patch on the Hood?

Regardless, the buffs make her more appealing now. Definitely will get her now if she at least gets these buffs.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,907 battles

So... With EM, how fast wiill the turrets now turn after the patch on the Hood?

General consensus is that Hood is not getting a traverse buff, but a meaningless elevation rate buff. 

She'll remain 60s native and 48.6s with EM for 180.

If it was 5'/s to 6'/s that would be from as fast as Bismarck to faster than Bismarck. It's not going to happen. 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

General consensus is that Hood is not getting a traverse buff, but a meaningless elevation rate buff. 

She'll remain 60s native and 48.6s with EM for 180.

If it was 5'/s to 6'/s that would be from as fast as Bismarck to faster than Bismarck. It's not going to happen. 

48.6 seconds. Why. Seriously, the guns are not special at tier 7 to deserve such stupid traverse rate as a penalty and be facing against FDG's, Iowas or Izumos. It should be at 40 seconds flat with just EM... That's not asking much for 8 "low caliber" BB guns -.-

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

I feel so sorry for my torpedo polisher and posse. That's a lot of chipping paint off and back into the buckets... 

Those poor poor bastards :(

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Having played Yamato, I don't have a problem with Warspite's traverse. Hood's will be a non-issue.

It's a trait of the ship. Get used to it or don't play it.