You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

Tier 10 Perm Camo - Worth it?

32 comments in this topic

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,540 battles

Got my 6th tier 10 ship last night, but have not been playing them too often due to economics (still grinding other lines).  Tier 10 perm camo with the 50% discount and added earning seems attractive -- but 5,000 doubloons is pretty steep price ( $20 to $25 bucks). If I did all six, $120.  Do I spend real money to fix fake money problem, or is there one class which it makes all the difference on?

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

I would just put it on the T10 or T10's you most enjoy playing. You could also wait a bit and see if they do a T10 camo sale at some point.

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

I think it's worth it on ships you enjoy and know you will play a lot. The camo pretty much gives you a tier 10 premium for a cost less than a tier 8 premium. Only downside is you can't freely switch captains, but if you have a 19 point commander then it isn't a problem at all as you can apply the elite xp anywhere you want.

I have the premium camo on my Hindenburg and I do not regret it one bit. I also have it for Großer Kurfürst, though she isn't quite nearly as fun (the ups and downs seem to have a greater contrast). I intend on getting Z-52's once I get her and the required doubloons, since I've been enjoying the entire German DD line so far (I'm somewhat close to finishing with Z-46).

• Cool 2

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,830 posts

From what i hear you can make a very nice profit with a T10 in its camo.

Roughly..

II 2000
III 3000

IV 5000

V 11500

VI 23,000

VII 42,000

VIII 75,000

IX 120,000

X 180,000

-50% on the T10 would be only 90k Repair  + the Credit bonus.

(assuming numbers are correct)    Making a T10 with prem camo cheaper than running at T8.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Only if you plan on playing it a lot. I've only bought premium camo for Iowa since its my favorite ship and guarantees i never go in the red playing it.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

I'm waiting for a discount on permanent camos.  Then I'll go all-in on all 13 of my tier 10s (soon to be 15)

[WALLY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
287 posts
12,389 battles

I'm waiting for a discount on permanent camos.  Then I'll go all-in on all 13 of my tier 10s (soon to be 15)

Zomg!! 65,000 dubloons worth of camo ...  ↑↑↑

I've perma camo'd 4 of my 11 T10's so far. And it will indeed make a huge difference in operating costs. A sale sure would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a T10 camo sale. Hard enough to ever get credit discount on tech tree ships over T6/T7.

Beta Testers
393 posts
3,784 battles

I think it's worth it on ships you enjoy and know you will play a lot. The camo pretty much gives you a tier 10 premium for a cost less than a tier 8 premium. Only downside is you can't freely switch captains, but if you have a 19 point commander then it isn't a problem at all as you can apply the elite xp anywhere you want.

I have the premium camo on my Hindenburg and I do not regret it one bit. I also have it for Großer Kurfürst, though she isn't quite nearly as fun (the ups and downs seem to have a greater contrast). I intend on getting Z-52's once I get her and the required doubloons, since I've been enjoying the entire German DD line so far (I'm somewhat close to finishing with Z-46).

You, I like you!

​German Ships Masterace!!!

Members
736 posts
11,428 battles

I have it for my Simakaze. I don't think I've lost credits since I put it on.

Members
2,255 posts

Well, if need money or XP then yes... If not then the only reason is because your a hoarder like me... 740,000,000 credits and have nothing to do with them.

[WOLF2]
Members
399 posts
10,971 battles

Still seems just a bit spendy for me, premium time alone nets me plenty of profit on my 10's, then I have MO/Tirp/Belfast/Sharn for all the credits... 

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

I have it for my Gearing. You pretty much have to get deleted early without accomplishing anything to lose money.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I concur here...I bought the premium camo for my Hindenburg in a fit of exuberance.  My Hindenburg is now my best credit earner.  It was a huge risk, of course, since I only had a few games in her at the time (8, I think).  She's a good ship though, I enjoy playing her, and I see it partly as a duty as well: gotta make that elite exp.    

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

I put it on my Khaba, and it has paid off.  The ship now earns incredibly well, and the elite captain exp is extremely useful.

Members
4,886 posts

not really worth it unless they make it so you can freely swap a captain to/from a ship with a permanent camo or if they make the camo at least twice cheaper, otherwise it's cheaper to use silver camo and also the event/container camo which they give away a plenty, or even to buy 50 doubloon camo to quickly pass a ship, and to grind silver you can always get a premium ship that also trains captains

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

not really worth it unless they make it so you can freely swap a captain to/from a ship with a permanent camo or if they make the camo at least twice cheaper, otherwise it's cheaper to use silver camo and also the event/container camo which they give away a plenty, or even to buy 50 doubloon camo to quickly pass a ship, and to grind silver you can always get a premium ship that also trains captains

One thing worth pointing out here is that there is no need to swap out captains.  A t10 with permanent premium camo will reach 19 points very quickly.  From there, you just earn incredible amounts of elite captain exp that can be applied to any captain in any nation.

With first win bonuses, I have had matches in my Khaba that earned over 30k exp.

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

I got the Permanent Camo for Montana, Des Moines, and Gearing. Will be getting it for Midway when I finally get myself motivated to unlock Essex and Midway. Like someone above said it makes it practically impossible to lose money in those ships unless you die without doing anything at all. Even in a bad battle you make money. (I collect all permanent camo for US ships anyways because I love the USN so it was a no brainer for me) If you like your tier 10 ship and want to make money on her regardless if its a good or bad game yes its worth it. You don't really move on from a tier 10 ship so its something you would have for however long you play. 

[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles

I say yes, but I don't have anywhere near the number of T10 you do.  I don't get there unless I really want it.  It turns a credit eater into a credit printer.  Nuff said.  Sound like you just ran up a bunch of lines to T10 on a whim.  Take the ones you like to play and put the prem camo on them.  Don't waste it on your port queens.  To answer your question though.  The T10 camo specs are the same across all ships.  No advantage either way.   So pick your favs.

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,164 posts
30,915 battles

If value to what you spend is a concern, you only get the Tier IX / X Perma-camo only if you intend to play that ship a lot and intend to be in high tier matches quite a bit.  There are guys that work their way to a Tier X ship but then realize, "I f***ing hate high tier matches."  If you're new to Tier X, give it a while to see if the gameplay of high tier is to your liking before you make the dive.

If you rarely play Tier IX / X, then no, the very expensive Perma-Camo at those tiers is not worth it.

If your money is burning holes in your pocket, then do whatever you want and have at it!

[AA-DS]
Members
979 posts

I run the extra credit flag  plus the reduced repair cost flags as well, you have to be 

really bad to lose credits.

Members
1,019 posts
8,525 battles

The game has enough time out that many players have several T10's already and IMO ... WG-NA should really consider this!

Members
43 posts
12,136 battles

For me its all about two things; 1) not having to hassle with worrying/selecting camo almost every battle, and 2) one less decision means more time to play and enjoy.  Look at it this way, how much does it cost to go to the movie or a professional ballgame?  A lot more than buying some camo and having a LOT of fun playing a great game.  And if you're in a clan and hang out with your clan mates then that is an even bigger bonus to the WoW vs Movie comparison.

• Cool 1

[TDG]
WoWS Community Contributors
41 posts
14,370 battles
On 5/2/2017 at 12:40 PM, Panzer1113 said:

Got my 6th tier 10 ship last night, but have not been playing them too often due to economics (still grinding other lines).  Tier 10 perm camo with the 50% discount and added earning seems attractive -- but 5,000 doubloons is pretty steep price ( $20 to $25 bucks). If I did all six, $120.  Do I spend real money to fix fake money problem, or is there one class which it makes all the difference on

My 2 cents...

I think they are well worth it for any ship that you're going to play often.  Find your favorite ship and buy those...

It makes ALL the difference in terms of credits/commander XP grind and turns a painful ship into a profitable one.

• Cool 1