Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

A big problem (two actually) with the Charles Martel

8 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,758 posts
34,564 battles

I noted that the ship gets citadeled more often than other ships when hit in the stern. The rudder engine module gets knocked put more often than other CA's of the same their.  The issue seems to be there are 2 citadel areas in the hull. One here the number 1 turret and one near the stern. Since most shots tend to fall near the stern when angling that makes the odds of being citadeled far greater.  I'm not sure if in this case where the "T" is or did the devs do an "I" configuaration. either way I might stop at this CA and just focus on the Algerie. The only way to avoid this seems to be to go bown on, take the shot then turn around.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,375 battles

The rudder engine module gets knocked put more often than other CA's of the same their.  

Better than Myoko which has a rudder breaking when a flea lands on it.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,830 posts

I noted that the ship gets citadeled more often than other ships when hit in the stern. The rudder engine module gets knocked put more often than other CA's of the same their.  The issue seems to be there are 2 citadel areas in the hull. One here the number 1 turret and one near the stern. Since most shots tend to fall near the stern when angling that makes the odds of being citadeled far greater.  I'm not sure if in this case where the "T" is or did the devs do an "I" configuaration. either way I might stop at this CA and just focus on the Algerie. The only way to avoid this seems to be to go bown on, take the shot then turn around.

Use  Cover more, shoot from cover at battleships keeping them burning till mid game.  Then you can afford to roll out to start finishing ships off.

With Demo Expert, you get a fantastic 17% Fire chance.

The AP on the Martel can also work very very good.

Don't just use speed boost to use speed boost.  Only use it on the following occasions.

1: You start getting targeted.

2: Stopping and moving to constantly adjust from shooting behind cover.

3: Full reverse can get to nice speeds and some BB players have trouble hitting when your going backwards dodging.  (its amusing but it works at times)

You can watch a BB shoot, dump speed cut rudder and dodge shells from 16-18km.  Then with speed boost, you are not setting there dead in the water.

Ship can take damage just as well as most of the other T8 Cruisers.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Isn't this why LS is a recommended skill on the French cruisers?

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,758 posts
34,564 battles

Use  Cover more, shoot from cover at battleships keeping them burning till mid game.  Then you can afford to roll out to start finishing ships off.

With Demo Expert, you get a fantastic 17% Fire chance.

The AP on the Martel can also work very very good.

Don't just use speed boost to use speed boost.  Only use it on the following occasions.

1: You start getting targeted.

2: Stopping and moving to constantly adjust from shooting behind cover.

3: Full reverse can get to nice speeds and some BB players have trouble hitting when your going backwards dodging.  (its amusing but it works at times)

You can watch a BB shoot, dump speed cut rudder and dodge shells from 16-18km.  Then with speed boost, you are not setting there dead in the water.

Ship can take damage just as well as most of the other T8 Cruisers.

Thanks for the tips. I actually decided to swap out the camo mod for steering mod 2. I also have the speed boost mod1. 4: 30 minutes of engine boost.  I'm playing it like a big Khab and it works well for me. I'm not a big fan of fighting under cover. Primarily becuase you can jump on as well. Killed 2 Ca's within 10 seconds of each other who were hiding behind an island that way.

Members
1,684 posts
20,010 battles

It's noticeable just as it is in the Duca - steering gets knocked out because you are usually WASD away from the enemy at speed and it's the first thing to get hit.

Sign in to follow this