Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

Purchased the Svietlana

8 comments in this topic

[SIMNZ]
Members
767 posts
7,559 battles

I decided to take some free XP and credits and buy the Svietlana. So far, she has MAM 1 in upgrades. I've played two good games in her, and she's a good ship. Any suggestions for further upgrades or captain skills? And is the Russian cruiser line from here on up any good? Thanks!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,888 posts
17,752 battles

Laser gun accuracy, that's what you can expect from the Russian cruisers, their only drawback, in my opinion, is their armor, but cruisers aren't exactly known for having great armor anyways

Edited by tcbaker777

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,085 battles

Svietlana benefits from BFT (rate of fire) and AFT (range). Unfortunately, those skills won't help on T5 Kirov and above because the gun caliber goes above 139mm. Demo Expert and Expert Marksman will help all the way up the Russian cruiser line. 

The T5 Kirov is very much a "glass cannon".   Did not enjoy playing her. T6 Budyonny is a great ship though. T7 Shchors takes some getting used to but can be very fun. T8 and T9 are like Shchors only better plus radar. T10 Moskva is, well, Moskva. It's not exactly a battle cruiser but mighty close. 

Personally, I think the Russian cruiser line is the most consistently decent. There aren't any duds like there are on some other lines. 

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,404 posts
29,482 battles

Tier 5 is good, and will get you started on the new style of play needed for the rest of the line.

It haa very fragile broadside and big turning radius.

You shoot from range with very good AP and firestartung HE. 

Tier 6 is a better Cleveland. Buddy is love and doesn't care if you are tier 5 or tier 8, he gonna burn you down. She is a definite keeper.

Tier 7  was a rough ship for me. Too big, too slow and too fragile.

Tier 8 is a tale of 2 hulls..b hull gives you radar. And returns to a nice to play ship.

That is as far as I have gotten so far. The endless videos I have seen show that tier 10 is almost a battleship.

So the lo e is very worth grinding. 

[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles

Personally, I think the Russian cruiser line is the most consistently decent. There aren't any duds like there are on some other lines. 

The only thing I liked about the Russian cruisers is 'Amerikanski cruiser,'' (my best-performing 'Russian' cruiser,) and Budyony; the ship I had my first (and so far only....) 300+ hit game in.

In all other cases every last ship had been utter trash. 'Laser-gun accuracy' doesn't mean jack when you're getting blown to bits no matter what you do to evade shots.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I put IFHE  instead of AFT.     the arc is pretty bad when you get beyond 12km and I find that I did better with IFHE.     my 10 point captain is setup like this for maximum ROF.

pt

ar

bft

IFHE

with IFHE, I seem to still get as much fire as before, and I do more consistent dmg.      its a solid ship overall, but may be not quite as strong as others, but still solid.  I recently bought back all the t4 cruisers except  danae for testing with 10 pointers (French   CL has 6 though)  I am quite shocked how good Karlsruhe was    when I rebought it. 

Svietlana 4 CA/CL  USSR 25 68.00% 42,669 849 4.0 1.3 0.2 68% 36% 5% 1,478
  Kuma 4 CA/CL  Japan 18 72.22% 47,058 958 4.0 1.6 0.4 61% 31% 6% 1,634
  Phoenix 4 CA/CL  USA 15 80.00% 54,952 1,033 5.2 2.1 0.3 60% 34% 10% 2,133
  Duguay-Trouin 4 CA/CL  France 15 73.33% 54,164 855 2.2 1.5 0.3 33% 31% 1% 1,448
  Karlsruhe 4 CA/CL  Germany 13 69.23% 42,190 907 4.3 2.3 0.2 46% 32% 2% 2,282

Members
100 posts
5,479 battles

For me the Sveltana was fun as she is fast and has lots of guns on her with good arcs but the range is pretty short so you gotta work in close. The guns aren't terribly hard hitting, so Id have 100+ hit games and shells would only do 25k damage, the high damage games came when you were able to  an additional 30k-50k in fire damage. Some games you start 10 fires for 45k damage and some id start 5 fires for 5k  damage... I sold her as a soon as I got to the Kirov...

I took EM on my cappy and should have taken Adrenaline rush as the Kirov turrets turn like lightning so EM is not needed.

The guns on the Kirov are great, but she has non existent armor and can be spotted from a LONG way away even when not firing. BBs can citadel you from just about ANY angle so your only defense is to not get shot at and if you are WASD you [edited]off, and even that may not be enough. Her bad concealment means she cant just stop firing and drop from view like IJN cruisers. I like the Kirov and have had some good games with her, the MM is pretty brutal at tier V though, I see tier VII BBs pretty much all the time and one well placed salvo from one of them means you get DELETED...

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

For me the Sveltana was fun as she is fast and has lots of guns on her with good arcs but the range is pretty short so you gotta work in close. The guns aren't terribly hard hitting, so Id have 100+ hit games and shells would only do 25k damage, the high damage games came when you were able to  an additional 30k-50k in fire damage. Some games you start 10 fires for 45k damage and some id start 5 fires for 5k  damage... I sold her as a soon as I got to the Kirov...

I took EM on my cappy and should have taken Adrenaline rush as the Kirov turrets turn like lightning so EM is not needed.

The guns on the Kirov are great, but she has non existent armor and can be spotted from a LONG way away even when not firing. BBs can citadel you from just about ANY angle so your only defense is to not get shot at and if you are WASD you [edited]off, and even that may not be enough. Her bad concealment means she cant just stop firing and drop from view like IJN cruisers. I like the Kirov and have had some good games with her, the MM is pretty brutal at tier V though, I see tier VII BBs pretty much all the time and one well placed salvo from one of them means you get DELETED...

Kite from range, dude. All I can say.I will give you that it's not as easy as it's cracked up to be, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine,

Sign in to follow this