You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Atom_Alchemist

So about this clash of the elements event

61 comments in this topic

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,023 posts

Yea folks, i am annoyed, i wanted the kamikaze, and while even taking part of some of umm extra curricular activities, even if i max this week (which i wont...cause i enjoy wows, but i simply don't earn that many coins) i would still be 25 coins short.

but even with this, i look at this event with earnest eyes, it's my SINCEREST hope that wargaming LEARNS from this experience, to make FUTURE events better, because when it all boils down, thats what i want from wargaming, i don't care about premiums, i don't care about freebies, i just want a rewarding and fun experience, which wows reliably delivers well...reliably, so, save your rage for those who deserve it (the filthy reds in game) not the devs, critique the event, but dont start a flame war. give your FEEDBACK but remember, it's CRITICISM that will get stuff changed, not blind rage and hate.

and above all, try to have FUN, i mean whats teh point of playing a video game if you aren't having fun?

so here, random world of warship video, change the world.

• Cool 1

[LMNA]
Members
531 posts
6,862 battles

Yea folks, i am annoyed, i wanted the kamikaze, and while even taking part of some of umm extra curricular activities, even if i max this week (which i wont...cause i enjoy wows, but i simply don't earn that many coins) i would still be 25 coins short.

but even with this, i look at this event with earnest eyes, it's my SINCEREST hope that wargaming LEARNS from this experience, to make FUTURE events better,

NEVER AGAIN.

EVER.

This was the worst thing to ever happen to this community.

Greed drives you, which dooms you to failure.

Join the cause and come into the light.

Help us End the Clash and every other "Event" like it.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Not a bad event, you can get useful stuff from the gift shop. Only downside for me is that there isn't a real fire vs water competition. Pretty much a solo event advertised as some epic clash, lol no.

[O7]
Members
847 posts
27,556 battles

Anytime a game is giving out free stuff, I cannot complain.  I will reach the 800 coins just barely, and I did not even have to write a novel in a thread for it.  Reality is, I already earned enough pearls on a previous mission and own a Kamikaze R.  So for me, this event was never about the ship.  The dubloons or signal flags seemed more appealing.  Any buff I can give my ships in game/ranked is a nice bonus.  However, I do take issue with how the elements contest was offered...or should I say limited.

If someone wants to be on a specific team they should not have been blocked.  If it led to a landslide for one side so be it.  Instead, to even out player participation many who came home from work were forced into fire...with no choice...despite the title saying choose.  If you want us to choose...let us choose.  If you don't want that, don't offer it as an incentive to be on a team.  

People love choices...they don't like being forced into a team.  And the fact that water won the second round after such domination in the first round by fire...well...goes and checks...yep fire is dominating again in the third round.  Clearly, I don't feel like I won the second round.

So, it all boils down to manipulation of the community to support an event that was micromanage to take it to round three.  Go look at World Series for Baseball...not all the series went to game 7...

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

Anytime a game is giving out free stuff, I cannot complain.  I will reach the 800 coins just barely, and I did not even have to write a novel in a thread for it.  Reality is, I already earned enough pearls on a previous mission and own a Kamikaze R.  So for me, this event was never about the ship.  The dubloons or signal flags seemed more appealing.  Any buff I can give my ships in game/ranked is a nice bonus.  However, I do take issue with how the elements contest was offered...or should I say limited.

If someone wants to be on a specific team they should not have been blocked.  If it led to a landslide for one side so be it.  Instead, to even out player participation many who came home from work were forced into fire...with no choice...despite the title saying choose.  If you want us to choose...let us choose.  If you don't want that, don't offer it as an incentive to be on a team.  

People love choices...they don't like being forced into a team.  And the fact that water won the second round after such domination in the first round by fire...well...goes and checks...yep fire is dominating again in the third round.  Clearly, I don't feel like I won the second round.

So, it all boils down to manipulation of the community to support an event that was micromanage to take it to round three.  Go look at World Series for Baseball...not all the series went to game 7...

but you DID write a much longer POST than the OP... 

• Cool 1

Members
7,122 posts
26,426 battles

There is a simple way to get 50 coins, just participate in the writing/story contest on another thread. ( In case you didn't know about it). If you didn't, there is a way to get your coins and save a boatload of time not having to grind to the final coin per category.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,844 posts
30,530 battles

Not a bad event, you can get useful stuff from the gift shop. Only downside for me is that there isn't a real fire vs water competition. Pretty much a solo event advertised as some epic clash, lol no.

I was kinda bummed that it was not a true team event. Just a stat tracking event, nothing interesting and I had to laugh that they those silly hastags and "trash talk" threads. It was absurd.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

I have at least gotten some premium time which will greatly help me prepare for future events. Esoecuslly since I am using stockpile of XP signal flags and Restless Fire camo so I am not only climbing up my ship lines faster, but Captains are getting training as well.

As far as the main reward that would have required either fewer coins or an extra week to complete it in practice since it's in Wargaming best interests to keep their players alive since anyone that managed to soend the amount of time required to complete event is at risk for serious health problems. Granted Wargaming may be overlooking the battle time difference between WOWs and their previous game Blitz where the battles are 7 minutes instead of 20 minutes long so you could gather even couple million XP or so and it be hard but not a health risk lol.

Not trying to complain, but they may want to scale requirements back a little since based on several player's calculations it required 7 hours a day be played on WOWs to complete this event. But like I said I just grateful for the free premium time that is helping me get Bismarck. :)

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

I enjoyed the event! With work I was never going to get many coins so I started of with realistic aims and am happy to say I got my module! :)

Too many are saying this event is bad because they  can't get what they want. Tough! This challenge takes time to achieve; if you don't have the time then I'm sorry you aren't going to manage getting the top prize.

The fact that many have been succesful also indicates they were able to meet the criteria needed. The challenge is just that, a challenge (a challenge that not all could meet).

Enjoy what you have won! :honoring: 

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

I enjoyed the event! With work I was never going to get many coins so I started of with realistic aims and am happy to say I got my module! :)

Too many are saying this event is bad because they  can't get what they want. Tough! This challenge takes time to achieve; if you don't have the time then I'm sorry you aren't going to manage getting the top prize.

The fact that many have been succesful also indicates they were able to meet the criteria needed. The challenge is just that, a challenge (a challenge that not all could meet).

Enjoy what you have won! :honoring: 

Some are unhappy because many have not only played WOWs but also other Wargaming games and events while difficult are not usually this level insanity which requires 7 hours per day for 3 weeks to get though event. ( previously it's been 7 hours a day for 2 weeks lol)

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

Some are unhappy because many have not only played WOWs but also other Wargaming games and events while difficult are not usually this level insanity which requires 7 hours per day for 3 weeks to get though event. ( previously it's been 7 hours a day for 2 weeks lol)

A challenge is supposed to be demanding. This one centres around demanding your time. Unfortunately not everyone had the time, that's the way it goes. :honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,844 posts
30,530 battles

A challenge is supposed to be demanding. This one centres around demanding your time. Unfortunately not everyone had the time, that's the way it goes. :honoring:

I suppose, now for a challenge for Wargaming. How to get real money from unhappy paying customers like me. 

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

I was kinda bummed that it was not a true team event. Just a stat tracking event, nothing interesting and I had to laugh that they those silly hastags and "trash talk" threads. It was absurd.

Yea, kinda disappointing in that regard. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

... but will she be available for sale in the premium shop for those who really, really want her? 

:look: :hmm::wander_cap::tea_cap:

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

... but will she be available for sale in the premium shop for those who really, really want her? 

:look: :hmm::wander_cap::tea_cap:

Those who really really want her will probably get her from the event.

Members
1,019 posts
8,525 battles

There are some guys who got the 300/300/300 coins, but the vast majority of the population trying to get the Kami will or already are burned out of the game for trying to grind this much, so that is counter productive for the game, active players might play less after so much WoWs.

• Cool 6

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,651 battles

There is a simple way to get 50 coins, just participate in the writing/story contest on another thread. ( In case you didn't know about it). If you didn't, there is a way to get your coins and save a boatload of time not having to grind to the final coin per category.

Unfortunately, that contest ended yesterday at 9AM ET. A great opportunity had I known about it sooner...

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

I suppose, now for a challenge for Wargaming. How to get real money from unhappy paying customers like me. 

Yet there will be players that are paying customers that have achieved the challenge; so there you go!

Unsure of what your point is with the money issue? There are some who have managed this challenge where they may never succeed in something like the Ranked challenge; or maybe in another type challenge.

People just seem sore because 'they want', but this time they can't get! Accept that the challenge was too great this time and move on.

My big regret (and I'm glad I haven't had any flak for it), is that I represent Water but haven't really been a great contributer in the Fire/Water rivalry. :honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,844 posts
30,530 battles

Yet there will be players that are paying customers that have achieved the challenge; so there you go!

Unsure of what your point is with the money issue? There are some who have managed this challenge where they may never succeed in something like the Ranked challenge. Or maybe in another type challenge.

People just seem sore because 'they want' but this time they can't get! Accept that the challenge was too great this time and move on.

My big regret (and I'm glad I haven't had any flak for it), is that I represent Water but haven't really been a great contributer in the Fire/Water rivalry. :honoring:

LOL @ rivalry.... It wasn't even a real team event! Anyways the challenge wasn't too great, more like too time consuming. Way too time consuming for people with full time jobs and you know, lives. Not sure why you don't understand how people who are unhappy with a product don't spend money on it. If you don't like Starbucks, you probably don't spend money there, kinda simple... 

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

Those who really really want her will probably get her from the event.

Exactly. I got mine to finish out my set. They won't sell those DDs in the premium shop anytime soon.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

LOL @ rivalry.... It wasn't even a real team event! Anyways the challenge wasn't too great, more like too time consuming. Way too time consuming for people with full time jobs and you know, lives. Not sure why you don't understand how people who are unhappy with a product don't spend money on it. If you don't like Starbucks, you probably don't spend money there, kinda simple... 

Yes rivalry, IMO the Fire/Water competition isn't the main event, but rather a bit of fun put into the event - friendly rivalry and banter.

The main event - the challenge, was all about the amount of time you had to play to win the prizes. More time = more prizes; that was the challenge.

The fact that some can't meet that challenge is no more different than those that can't meet the Ranked challenge, or maybe the Pearl challenge from last year.

If not having a challenge you can win means you won't spend money, fine.

So tell me, if the Kami R went on sale after the event would you buy it. Considering you are unhappy and state WG have to give you a challenge you can succeed in to be happy, I take it you won't?

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

This event was great. I hope we have more. I don't understand the complaining.