Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

That kind of game that just leaves you shaking

13 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

It hasn't happened to me for a very long time. And it just happened. The kind of game that gets your adrenaline pumping and you are left shaking in your seat. After battle report and replay attached at the bottom.

First of all, I just want to thank the Montana on my team that got even more base xp than I did for playing a superb game, so it wasn't just me that helped to contribute to victory.

The game for me starts off with a lucky one-torp-hit-detonation on the NC after getting a lucky torp hit (which I found out in the after battle report was on the Yuugumo) that I somewhat blind-fired into the B-cap from A (map is Shards, and I spawned in the southwest). The side I went to was very quiet otherwise with an easy, uncontested A cap. The next portion of the game is simply me repositioning to the other side of the map while taking the middle B cap.

Just a little bit happens where I try to torp a Yamato pushing between the islands into C, but stops short. I then get an assisted cap on C and I make my way back to B, where two of our BBs just died to a Fletcher and Minotaur.

The teams are about dead even on ship count at around 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6, though we have the point lead. Unfortunately, it ends up being 3 vs 5. I kill their last remaining DD inside B, the Fletcher, while we also lost a ship, bringing it down to 2 vs 4. The Fletcher had a Minotaur using hydro to spot me just around the corner, so if I peeked around too much I would have been shot apart by the Minotaur. I peeked just enough to kill the low-hp Fletcher without exposing myself to the Minotaur and I immediately backed up behind the island.

The Minotaur chooses to come right around the corner to take me out. I fire off one set of torps a little bit behind the aim indicator, believing that they will turn in and slow down upon spotting my torps immediately, and that's exactly what they do, but I just barely miss. The Minotaur speeds back up again; this time I aim a little bit farther behind than previously, and I nail the Minotaur with two torps, enough to destroy him, just as he's turning and slowing down. It is now 2 vs 3. I attempt to retake the middle cap, only to be surprised by a 15k health Ibuki at very close range. I thought this was how I die. I had AP loaded from before, ready to engage the Minotaur if I needed to. I was lucky I had AP loaded, since I did a 5k salvo on the Ibuki. I immediately smoke up at the same time to try to hide and run away with my 10k or so hp left. But seeing my 5k salvo, I go again, just before smoke conceals us completely. I then use the enemy Fletcher's 'panic' smoke to move forward to avoid potential torps, which did come but I avoided them. I fired two more blind salvos, one landing with some good pens and the second one missing. I run out of the Fletcher's smoke to reveal a 2k hp Ibuki, which I quickly finish off with one more salvo before it could fire on me, making it now 2 vs 2.

With nothing else in my near proximity, I freely take the middle cap back, and as I'm shaking horribly in my chair from what I just survived through, our points tick to 1000 and we win!

Replay: https://wowreplays.com/Replay/35842-Peregrinas-Z-46-Shatter

RwDlkCQ.jpg

vO2UBAQ.jpg

yC714kK.jpg

YbEnc1m.jpg

Edited by Peregrinas
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

This another gripe thread? It sounds like another gripe thread.

More folks need to subscribe to the TL;DR doctrine

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

TL;DR: OP had good game. Wanted to share it. 

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

Why do you have to come in and ruin my thread? This is far from a gripe thread.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Watching this makes me realize why I'm not a destroyer main... I have no patience.

Very good game Perigrinas! :medal:

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

Watching this makes me realize why I'm not a destroyer main... I have no patience.

Very good game Perigrinas! :medal:

Thanks! I actually had a division mate, just a few days ago, spectate me after he got sunk. I stopped behind an island for no more than 10 seconds to ambush an approaching Iowa and he told me that he doesn't have such patience to be able to ever play DDs :P

And I'm actually happy you watched the replay (if I read your post right) :teethhappy:

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Thanks! I actually had a division mate, just a few days ago, spectate me after he got sunk. I stopped behind an island for no more than 10 seconds to ambush an approaching Iowa and he told me that he doesn't have such patience to be able to ever play DDs :P

And I'm actually happy you watched the replay (if I read your post right) :teethhappy:

Yes, I watched. Though, I wish I'd have watched before I read.. you know, left it as a "surprise". :rolleyes:

How fortunate that there just happened to be a Z-46 sized inlet in that island for you to back into just as the Minotaur turned up! Talk about "right place at the right time", eh? 

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Why do you have to come in and ruin my thread? This is far from a gripe thread.

Because EVERY thread I've seen from you ends the same. It's nice though to see that for once I'm wrong

[TWE]
Members
12 posts
6,153 battles

What's far worse than a lack of TLDR, is someone who doesn't read it but comments anyway.

• Cool 2

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

It hasn't happened to me for a very long time. And it just happened. The kind of game that gets your adrenaline pumping and you are left shaking in your seat. After battle report and replay attached at the bottom.

First of all, I just want to thank the Montana on my team that got even more base xp than I did for playing a superb game, so it wasn't just me that helped to contribute to victory.

The game for me starts off with a lucky one-torp-hit-detonation on the NC after getting a lucky torp hit (which I found out in the after battle report was on the Yuugumo) that I somewhat blind-fired into the B-cap from A (map is Shards, and I spawned in the southwest). The side I went to was very quiet otherwise with an easy, uncontested A cap. The next portion of the game is simply me repositioning to the other side of the map while taking the middle B cap.

Just a little bit happens where I try to torp a Yamato pushing between the islands into C, but stops short. I then get an assisted cap on C and I make my way back to B, where two of our BBs just died to a Fletcher and Minotaur.

The teams are about dead even on ship count at around 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6, though we have the point lead. Unfortunately, it ends up being 3 vs 5. I kill their last remaining DD inside B, the Fletcher, while we also lost a ship, bringing it down to 2 vs 4. The Fletcher had a Minotaur using hydro to spot me just around the corner, so if I peeked around too much I would have been shot apart by the Minotaur. I peeked just enough to kill the low-hp Fletcher without exposing myself to the Minotaur and I immediately backed up behind the island.

The Minotaur chooses to come right around the corner to take me out. I fire off one set of torps a little bit behind the aim indicator, believing that they will turn in and slow down upon spotting my torps immediately, and that's exactly what they do, but I just barely miss. The Minotaur speeds back up again; this time I aim a little bit farther behind than previously, and I nail the Minotaur with two torps, enough to destroy him, just as he's turning and slowing down. It is now 2 vs 3. I attempt to retake the middle cap, only to be surprised by a 15k health Ibuki at very close range. I thought this was how I die. I had AP loaded from before, ready to engage the Minotaur if I needed to. I was lucky I had AP loaded, since I did a 5k salvo on the Ibuki. I immediately smoke up at the same time to try to hide and run away with my 10k or so hp left. But seeing my 5k salvo, I go again, just before smoke conceals us completely. I then use the enemy Fletcher's 'panic' smoke to move forward to avoid potential torps, which did come but I avoided them. I fired two more blind salvos, one landing with some good pens and the second one missing. I run out of the Fletcher's smoke to reveal a 2k hp Ibuki, which I quickly finish off with one more salvo before it could fire on me, making it now 2 vs 2.

With nothing else in my near proximity, I freely take the middle cap back, and as I'm shaking horribly in my chair from what I just survived through, our points tick to 1000 and we win!

Replay: https://wowreplays.com/Replay/35842-Peregrinas-Z-46-Shatter

RwDlkCQ.jpg

vO2UBAQ.jpg

yC714kK.jpg

YbEnc1m.jpg

GOOD WORK!

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

What's far worse than a lack of TLDR, is someone who doesn't read it but comments anyway.

Well I was aiming for a more apologetic tone with my post above yours, but if this is how you folks intend to act then I see I'm wasting my breath

Members
887 posts
1,625 battles

TL:DR low tier can be as tense as high tier.

Match today.  Usual close match, both sides slugging it out on a standard capture the main base on Solomon Islands.  I building up the Duguay to get xp to next tier.  But we got behind and were getting hammered.  Down on score so we had to push, I nipped and dodged, cover east, cover west, then hold back peeps from rushing up the middle.  Then I push.  One almost dead danae follows and a destroyer.  Got a Kaiser in their base supported by the 101 DD.  They are coming at me either side.  Battleship left, destroyer right  Our Danae, dead.  I swing my guns to the DD while charging the battleships, then it happens...

Our DD pops a line of smoke.... I lose sight on their DD.  It was good intention, to be cover for me, but smoke so close to both was a death sentence to just hide.  So full charge and brawl the battleships, burning to secondaries as torps come through the smoke behind me.  I get torps off, swing and dodge the BB, a sunk....  I swing back to the DD and torps coming towards me again.  Full speed, I angle through a line of torpedoes.  One slips in front of my bow as I travel near perpendicular to the torps.  The other just barely slips stern as I nip through and bang bang bam.  Take out the DD and win.

One day I might enable replays...
FUN :D

XNp5DUm.png

459U8Ik.png

btab3Jy.png

Edited by Vaporisor

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I thought OP meant shaking as in shaking with anger. I clicked because considering OP's usual angry posts, this would have been a doozy! :D

Seriously though, I love it when games are that tight and intense, and you pull a victory from your 4th point of contact.

Sign in to follow this