Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sharkbait_416

Show & Tell - Did your WR survive the weekend?

50 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

bDFTlpB.png

Mine sure didn't.

Today, my luck hasn't improved despite some great games which were defeats.

c9SDDHB.png

FU9DGJj.png

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,232 battles

Kept running into CV buzzsaws in DD so it was not good.

Is it me or there are a lot more CV players during weekends?

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

the site keeps breaking for me.

70% recent -> 67% over weekend

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

Barely. Have good div-mates to thank for that.

The steamrolls were real. Solo-queuing got a little wearisome. 

Yeah I'm a bit burned out, but I need all 300 coins plus an extra 100 this round to get Kami R. Will do some heavy grinding tomorrow and Wednesday.
Edited by Sharkbait_416

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

Like Kombat_Wombat, I also divisioned up for most of my games this weekend.  That, plus a bit of luck, and we managed about 68% for the weekend.  

However, I played two matches during my lunch break today and both were losses, so that might pull it down a bit.

Edited by Tembin

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

This was what mine looked like over the weekend. I had plenty of clan mates on, so these all were with a three man div.

But, my play and the play of my clan mates was on point. Our actions were able to net the teams an early enough advantage every time. There were a few of them, where I feel if one of us had made a mistake, or our play had not been on point, the team we were on would have been steam rolled. Those games we had to work our asses off for, but we came out on top.

boSFIXM.jpg

Had one game, it came down to the two CV's left. And a Tirpitz on our team with 6k health left. That one was nail bitingly close.

Edited by twitch133

[X-PN]
Beta Testers
792 posts
13,519 battles

2Nwm2d2.png

Mine actually was slightly above my usual average and I play solo for 90% of my games. I find playing in a div while grinding for an event like CoE is inefficient. If I get deleted early in a match, I like to jump into another ship asap.  

[HOTEL]
[HOTEL]
Beta Testers
112 posts
7,369 battles

I would say quite well. Fri/Sat where not as spectacular as yesterday, but still 60%+ solo WR.

ldQajJc.jpg

Highlights of the weekend:

Solo queueing into DarthDoge and another FOG in a double Minotaur div on Reds while in my FDG, get peppered by them both for a good 5 minutes till they push up a little too close to an island and I rushing them with sonar. Dev strike'd one and someone else got Darth before I could reload.

Also a fight against Wombat's div running Balti + Missouri + Neptune div while i was solo in Shima. Ran into them immediately as they went to the same cap as me. Won the match, survived and pulled down an excellent score.

[X-PN]
Beta Testers
792 posts
13,519 battles

mine went up...but I didn't play much 

was playing a potato in WoT

Lol, I went back to playing WoT this weekend too for fun. It didn't take long for the XVM noobs to focus fire on me with my 2200 WN8 rating. 

Members
5,202 posts

Nope, I'm just giving up for today.

Stupidity of team is going way too far.

I still want a skill based MM

I doubt skill-based MM will do what we think it will. If you're one of the "good ones", then it guarantees you'll be paired up with a healthy number of taters, or, at the very least, that the red team will have someone matching your skill level. 

Stupidity will ALWAYS exists on some level. No system will fix that.

If you're frustration is with the steamrolls, I wonder if that's more symptomatic of early game escalation than disparity in skill level. I've seem teams full of unicums get steamrolled (albeit rarely) because of some early game atrocities (i.e. detonations, random torpedo takes out your only DD, your Montana gets a quad cit from a Yami across the map, etcetera).  I'd much rather they re-implement mirrored matchmaking such that you don't have 3 Khabs on one team and 3 Shimas on the other. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,345 posts
9,634 battles

Hell no.  But it will recover and it balanced out the previous weekend.

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,216 battles

Had a couple really good sessions with mixed division/solo play.  The sort of ratios that haven't happened in quite some time, so that felt good.  Still had the oddball match that was a throwaway and wasn't worth hitting the battle button for but thankfully it wasn't commonplace.  

2NTdtjl.jpg

I certainly played more than that over the weekend but that site is really weird about the intervals.  

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

at the very least, that the red team will have someone matching your skill level.

Having played through the adoption of skill based matchmaking in the battlefield universe... This is exactly how it works.

It does not bring the overall skill level up, if anything it brings it down. It will try to create an average skill level across both teams. 

Most of the time that works by: Team 1 = All average players. Team 2 = One or two skilled players and the rest far below average.

This is what Skill based MM looks like in Battlefield.

Team 1 Team 2

55%

72%
51% 65%
56% 49%
50% 47%
48% 49%
49% 44%
52% 47%
51% 45%
50% 47%
51% 48%
54% 49%
51% 45%

Team 1 = 51.5% / Team 2 = 50.5%. MM will see this as balanced, and let it roll. Who do you think is going to win?

But... In all reality. It is much more complex than using win rate as a sole determining factor. There are a half dozen or more different data sets that go into skill in battlefield.

Edited by twitch133

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

My win rate tanked. About 30% solo win rate and 80% 3-man div. Only divisioning with two other unicums was enough to beat this weekend.

Members
887 posts
1,625 battles

I need to recheck.  Saturday  I had an 87% but sunday was a 37.  Though sunday was me making mistakes and playing bad, at least a few of my matches.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

Kept running into CV buzzsaws in DD so it was not good.

Is it me or there are a lot more CV players during weekends?

Probably since at least players like me can more consistently win with a CV if bad teams are on, ironically though if I try CV marathon when good teams are on then I fail to do much because good teams know how to dodge attacks and also know that equipping AA and AA skills is good idea.

Members
1,817 posts
9,029 battles

I doubt skill-based MM will do what we think it will. If you're one of the "good ones", then it guarantees you'll be paired up with a healthy number of taters, or, at the very least, that the red team will have someone matching your skill level. 

Stupidity will ALWAYS exists on some level. No system will fix that.

If you're frustration is with the steamrolls, I wonder if that's more symptomatic of early game escalation than disparity in skill level. I've seem teams full of unicums get steamrolled (albeit rarely) because of some early game atrocities (i.e. detonations, random torpedo takes out your only DD, your Montana gets a quad cit from a Yami across the map, etcetera).  I'd much rather they re-implement mirrored matchmaking such that you don't have 3 Khabs on one team and 3 Shimas on the other. 

Yes I know that WG will never implement skill based MM, it has been like it since WoT but that's just one of my wish that is never to be fulfilled.

To be honest I really don't care about winning. If I win that's good but I just want a contesting and a fair match.

If I loose but had a fair and challenging(challenging doesn't mean here cleaning up sh....t of my other team members) match, I'm generally satisfied.

Or when I do fairly amount of damage that satisfies me(that's around 80k-100k depending on what ship I play in a tier 10 game. Ofc my expectation is lower at lower tiers), I'm fine with that too.

But seriously today was just too much for me. I had no problem with RNG today but people themselves: top tier BBs/DDs just yoloing, running to edge of the map hoping they might sail to next match, one game of steamroll iirc. Is it usual? Yes, but almost 90% games that I played today had to do with these peoples and that's when I call quit for today.

I even had some Montana who wrote in the chat he doesn't care about good playing and giving his best. If I see those people, that's just straight up provocation to me.

Usually I division up with my friends for weekend to prevent such thing but this weekend good playing friends were all busy.

Edited by Treediagram

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Mine crashed and burned.  Sometimes I'm the cat.  This weekend I got to be the litter box.

• Cool 1

[PUSHD]
Members
200 posts
21,961 battles

About 50 battles, maybe 65% WR or so. Had an absolutely atrocious Friday, followed by a great Saturday and Sunday. Weekend teams, I'm convinced it's not the big deal some think it is.

Sign in to follow this