Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Commander_LuXun

WG end this bloody event already!

41 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,570 battles
96gGFIl.gif
  • Cool 2

Members
31 posts
5,886 battles

Gameplay has become cancer......... Steamrolls, lack of communication, it;s insane.

generally speaking the gameplay in this game is very toxic.  best bet is to only play with a division.  You will have a higher win rate and less dependent on the random players.  though this has been one of those months where it is pointless to play as the MM is still broken.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,211 posts
15,770 battles

WoWS pretty mild on the toxicity level and you will find many more friendly players than you will toxic players. If you are seeing toxic players in every match you are probably toxic yourself.

• Cool 4

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I am confused, is this anything new or unusual? 

What, events causing bad play, or Zionas starting a complaint thread?

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,277 posts
12,014 battles

I did notice a change when the big campaigns thing got going; you see players running off doing odd things (not at all unusual anyway) only to see in chat, "I don't care, I'm going for "..." campaign or achievement.  No concern about the rest of the team whatsoever because maybe the potato in question can achieve whatever one specific thing is required.  The rewards are nice but again for the average common denominator do you dumb it down for them so that hopefully there's just a bit more team play, or just suck it up and devastate sh**?

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

KEK You think the event makes the gameplay like that?

Welcome to NA.

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

OMG, seawater is salty.  Nerf coal mining!!!

You know, I was feeling bad about my stats over the weekend.

Then I saw that everyone else was having the similar issue.

We need to nurf the Weekend Potato immigration. 

Edited by Sakuzhi

[KAPPA]
Members
2,015 posts
10,560 battles

I don't think it's the event causing your problems. Granted, I wasn't having great luck the last time I played, either, but it isn't the event. I think it has to do with many things, possibly including people finally grinding up to higher tiers, a surge in higher tier play in general, and people either getting done with school or getting close and playing more games to take their minds off of other things. I decided a week or so ago to take a break for a bit and focus on finishing up this college semester and putting what game time I do get into other things that I haven't played in a bit, like Skyrim or Star Wars: Empire at War (I like a lot of my older games). I wouldn't say that divisions are always the fix either, I've seen divisions that were the reason a team failed. I'm not saying that all divisions are like that or are even bad players, just that I've seen divisions that skewed the MM by having all bottom tier ships or all top tier ships and leaving one team or the other at a disadvantage. It's not really their fault if they are top or bottom tier, they can't control the matchmaking. It seems a bit like either there aren't enough people playing at some of the lower tiers anymore or there are too many playing the higher tiers. We kind of need a good sized population at each tier to maintain a healthy game and give the matchmaker enough to work with to balance teams.

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
17,722 battles

You know, I was feeling bad about my stats over the weekend.

Then I saw that everyone else was having the similar issue.

We need to nurf the Weekend Potato immigration. 

I think we need to build a wall between co-op and random (for those who missed it <sarcasm>) :)

[BONKY]
Members
731 posts
15,574 battles

Event has nothing to do with it, but if you think potato teams are bad now... school summer vacation is just around the corner.....fasten your seatbelt it is going to be a wild ride!!

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Strange, OP must play another game then I. No complains, a low level of NaCl, good games, no griefers, even teams that tell the other if they did a good game. Confused much I'm...

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

WoWS pretty mild on the toxicity level and you will find many more friendly players than you will toxic players. If you are seeing toxic players in every match you are probably toxic yourself.

Yeah there are some special sailors out there to be sure, but WoWs isn't nearly as bad as most PvP games of its type.  I haven't seen any evidence that anybody's even noticing the event other than the occasional shout out for Fire or Water.

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

Yeah there are some special sailors out there to be sure, but WoWs isn't nearly as bad as most PvP games of its type.  I haven't seen any evidence that anybody's even noticing the event other than the occasional shout out for Fire or Water.

It isn't nearly as bad as the First run of ARP events, those got outright [edited]cut throat.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

If Andrew Jackson was here there wouldn't be bad team play. Much more team negotiations going on.

Wrong. If Andrew Jackson were here, there'd be no negotiations. He'd just be sending all the potatoes down a trail of salt reservation(I mean potato farm).

Edited by renegadestatuz

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,440 battles

Not sure where the correlation is.  Unlike a lot of weekend events that require you to set people on fire or hit them with torpedoes launched by Scuba Hampsters, the Clash of Elements event rewards pretty much all kinds of participation so it's far less focused than many others have been. 

And just for the information of the "elite" players here, all of you were potatoes once and some of those you want to push out the door are tomorrow's unicums.  It might be helpful to gain a bit of perspective.  There's nothing that says "healthy game environment" like getting rid of the next generation of players out there.   

[LMNA]
Members
531 posts
6,862 battles

That has nothing to do with the Clash of the Elements event.

It has everything to do with it!

Pitting the entire community against one another in an empty battle driven by greed, all to watch us murder ourselves!

Don't deprive yourself of the truth!

Be a survivor!

END THE CLASH!

[FEM]
Beta Testers
3,276 posts
740 battles

While cancer might not be the appropriate word for players who play at a less than desirable skill level for your liking, the event will be ending on 5/4 at 0600 Pacific Time. 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this