You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RivertheRoyal

To German BBs—Don't show broadside.

19 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Just don't do it. I know you all that that citadel immunity going on, and you don't have to worry about getting penned for full shell damage. 

However, you are still susceptible to normal penetrations. 

Point A: 

fi3kb3Y.png?1

I've seen tons of German battleships giving full broadside recently—as if they don't have to worry about it. 

Don't do it. It's a bad idea. Angling has the same damage mitigation benefits for any ship. 

This has been a friendly PSA from me. 

Have fun, and remember to watch your side. 

• Cool 3

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

A Bismarck sailed broadside to my DM and continued to adjust to be broadside to me as I ripped chunks of HP off him and he could do exactly squat with his mains due to the DM's bow plating. Ended up contributing -48k HP to his demise while being perfectly fine myself after the secondary-caused fires were out and healed.

Turtleback ist nicht gut for engagements like that.

Members
4,608 posts

Just don't do it. I know you all that that citadel immunity going on, and you don't have to worry about getting penned for full shell damage.

However, you are still susceptible to normal penetrations.

Point A:

fi3kb3Y.png?1

I've seen tons of German battleships giving full broadside recently—as if they don't have to worry about it.

Don't do it. It's a bad idea. Angling has the same damage mitigation benefits for any ship.

This has been a friendly PSA from me.

Have fun, and remember to watch your side.

Shhh.  Let them think they have immunity, its why I love German BB captains.  They sail in a stright line, broadside to me allowing massive damage.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Shhh.  Let them think they have immunity, its why I love German BB captains.  They sail in a stright line, broadside to me allowing massive damage.

But it's very annoying watching friendly German BB's getting ripped apart simply because they seem to have an abject refusal towards the notion of angling

[CS7]
Members
75 posts
8,244 battles

But it's very annoying watching friendly German BB's getting ripped apart simply because they seem to have an abject refusal towards the notion of angling

Doubly frustrating when they are not only sailing broadside, but doing the "Im a snipeh, hurr" 20km out. 

But hey, if the red team wants to do it, by all means! Excellent tactic. :)

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

10k DAMAGE SALVOS ON Tier NIEN! german BB from Hinenburg, no cits all crits!!!

Edited by pmgaudio

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

And that's why I sail slightly bow on and angled in my German BBs, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Coming up the line early on I learned "Don't aim at the waterline on German BB's, aim at the nice, juicy upper belt line."  a bunch of penetrating hit's is almost as good as a citadel.

• Cool 1

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

It's kinda strange good armor makes players forget how to play, so for the German BB captains who do know what they are doing those ships are absurdly OP. Every once in awhile I look at my dmg averages in that line and have a laugh. Been trying to push my GK up over 150k. Only thing stopping me is quick battles where I don't have enough time. Hell I averaged 80k in the Konig at T5, that shouldn't happen. If you know what you are doing in these things you can make mince meat of any ship unfortunate enough to cross your path.

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

No don't tell them, my american piercing shells have a mighty thirst.

Members
1,650 posts
13,679 battles

it's especially tasty in the German sisters if you can wiggle woggle going straight at another BB and drop torps from both sides on the way in...My Scharn is so good at that, it's almost a crime.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

mVQB231.jpg

But I want more of those kind of pictures....

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

mVQB231.jpg

But I want more of those kind of pictures....

Big Screen....Tiny UI

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Great... now instead of having some BB drivers who would push... we're gonna slip back into the camping meta... <sigh> 

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

Big Screen....Tiny UI

Me during a match:

MWg8sz0.gif

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
322 posts
4,470 battles

Great... now instead of having some BB drivers who would push... we're gonna slip back into the camping meta... <sigh> 

You can always count on me to push, I'm far too aggressive to keep my ship at the back of the map.

...which is probably why my survival rate in ships like Yamato, Montana, Alabama, and North Carolina happen to be low. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

You can always count on me to push, I'm far too aggressive to keep my ship at the back of the map.

...which is probably why my survival rate in ships like Yamato, Montana, Alabama, and North Carolina happen to be low. :hiding:

Yes, but unlike me, you do it and still have good stats, I can still knock out 50, 60k+ damage or more and need to fix my stats hole or well, still just lose cause the rest are too busy on the 1 or 0 line still. :hiding:

But yeah, the only time I'll show a side usually is A: I'm surrounded and can't be at an angle that keeps all of them off or B: I'm forced to change course, be it enemy torps, friendly torps, or a need to retreat and the timing is off. Other wise I try to stay angle even though I know that means dealing with 9652 fires across the ship.

Members
6,887 posts
14,864 battles

I would love to know when the immunity starts on the Bis - while learning it I get cit'd pretty easily complete with the cit thrum....