You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
456 battles

Hello,

I have noticed some sources mentioning "hull C" for the New Mexico stating that the AA is great with the upgrade. However, in game, I only see an option for a hull B upgrade. Was there a patch changing the upgrades for the New Mexico? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere; I tried researching it but could not find any posts regarding my question.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,730 posts
26,569 battles

Those are old sources from when NM still had three hulls. The current B hull is the old C hull.

• Cool 1

Members
89 posts
15,698 battles

Ah - so I haven't played my NM for a few months since before that change. The old A hull was a disaster. Basically the as built WWI ship with zero AA, horrible turning, etc. It was a mess getting through that to the B hull.  Since this is a WW 2 game, it is appropriate they start out at little better than the original build. 

Members
1,677 posts
3,060 battles

I didn't really notice until a few weeks ago when I couldn't look at the ship in it's old WWI-era double cage masted configuration. Never purposely played it stock after I got hull B but liked to look at it in that hull because I think U.S.N. battleships during WWI looked good.

Members
44 posts
8,866 battles

It doesnt need it, what wargaming needs to do is stop lying about what they are giving you in its already available upgrades. Its secondaries only engage targets at 5km but if you upgrade the module and commander skill for the secondaries, New mexico is supposed to get an additional 20% increase in range "for each" giving you 40% increase and then if you add the soxisix signal flag thats another 5%. After all that secondaries only engage targets to 6km. going from 5 to 6km is not anywhere near an 45% increase. Just one of the many scams wargaming pulls on everyone.