Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper

More "torpedo-bote" Myokos lately?

8 comments in this topic

[-YAR-]
Members
92 posts
9,432 battles

as apposed to what? Gun ship? 10km torps with what i call  'retreat' angles means you can use them differently then a dd killer might.. but, still effectively. I didnt like the aoba, but really enjoying the myoko most, as you're insinuating, because of the guns, but the torps are a staple of the IJN lines, no?

Type90 mod. 1 0.7 82 7.2 17,233 62 10

62 kn at 10km can be used badly (as anyone who's run a t10 match with me while learning high tier meta with my atago...) but, do people play these as just gun ships? I dont see why...

Edited by _kumicho_

[-N-]
Members
2,288 posts
15,955 battles

I haven't personally.  I have the dragon and as a torpedo boat you have to be moving away from you target.  I also have the Atago, that I play more like a heavy destroyer.  I say that as her front set of torpedo launchers can swing forward.  That would make for a better torpedo bot I would think.  Never understood the bot thing myself.  Not sure how you would make that work and what would the benefits be.

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

With the higher tier IJN CA's you can build yourself a ship that can stealth torpedo fire a lot of torpedoes, albeit while moving away. I have never played any of mine exclusively as torpedo boats, but you would be remiss not to remember that you have some great fish and use them when the situation presents itself or better yet, create your own situation.

Being able to launch 16 torpedoes in the 10 seconds it takes to swing my aft around when I know there are BB's crowding into a slot or pushing towards me can be the difference between winning and losing an entire match. 

[WOLF2]
Members
399 posts
10,933 battles

Yup... I've seen 2 or 3 over the last couple weeks, rarely using guns just spamming torps from +15km back (had to dodge a couple of their salvos in the Udaloi) from the only spotted enemy.. checked one of their torp hit rates and it was 1%...

I don't think it was an ARP ship either just regular Myoko, funny I wasn't the only one noticing this.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Seen lots. All doing the same stupid thing: turning broadside to a BB to launch torps, taking a pile of cits, dying on the next salvo, and whiffing the torps. 

Someone needs to explain to these guys that torps are for situational use: you're not a big DD. Saw a ton of that in Ranked....

Members
1,228 posts
6,330 battles

I've always noticed IJN CA players going for tops too often. They turn to unmask torps and then eat a hand full of citadels. Most of the time they would have been better served keeping to their guns and finding cover.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Yes - what Aqua and Taichunger said.  The Myoko Turn has its place, I suppose, but too often it combines "obvious" with "suicidal" into a nice package.

Sign in to follow this