You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Missed Graf Spee campaign...

20 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

Only you can answer that.

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Well, there is a haifuri event with a graf spee in the works

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Aye, you'll be able to get it again, either through the Haifuri event or another regular event. It's suicide to release a ship only once

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

Yes, you missed one of the best ships you could get. I don't regret selling my soul to get her, she is a keeper.

[MPIRE]
Banned
1,662 posts
27,586 battles

Yes, you missed one of the best ships you could get. I don't regret selling my soul to get her, she is a keeper.

I hear so many people say this, but I can't relate.  The dispersion is so bad on those guns, and coupling that with the 20 sec reload, I'm doing less damage than I would with any other T6 cruiser.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I hear so many people say this, but I can't relate.  The dispersion is so bad on those guns, and coupling that with the 20 sec reload, I'm doing less damage than I would with any other T6 cruiser.

There are two groups of players that play WoWs: Those who love Spee and those who hate her. I am part of the first group and deal a lot more damage in the Spee, average is above 50k, almost 20k more than on the others T6 Cruisers. LWM has said that in her review, she is not for everyone.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

To be frank, you missed out on a gem of a ship. It'll be available sometime eventually though, the event was almost half a year ago.

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

If you like her you will master her. If you don't have the patience she will not be your ship.

Members
6,889 posts
14,875 battles

I do very well with her and have my best WR in that shjp by far of any ship I own with more than 60 games.  She made me a lot of cash.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Lol look yourself up, only your Leander has a better average damage than your Spee.

I can see why you might think that though. I often  find my Spee games surprising when I get to the results screen.

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

I can't relate either. Being unable to punish broadside cruisers is what turns me off. One time there was a 6k health Pensacola that really gave my near full health Spee some real trouble. And Spee eats citadels from BBs like a mother******. Repair party is useless if most of the damage you take is from citadels (or you get dev striked before you can even use repair party to some degree).

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,844 posts
12,007 battles

I like the Graf Spee.  I do well in it.  I can punish any ship that gives me a broadside, including BBs.  Cruisers will get punished from all angles.  You just can't expect to go toe to toe with a BB.  It just like any other cruiser in that respect.  Don't expect to have continuously rolling guns either.  You can't get accuracy by volume.  You have to aim accurately to make your low volume/big gun shots count.  And, they will count.  If someone big comes around an island and gets in close, out come the torps.  Its a nice, well rounded ship with enough wiggle to avoid big shots if you keep sufficient distance to the really dangerous targets.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

Shall I regret much about missing a premium ship?

Free T6 Premium? Plus there were 5 free normal T6es with free permanent cammo as well as heaps of Silver, Free XP & consumables from the missions. So hell yeah you missed out, its a lot of $$$ worth.

They did sell it in Premium shop though & no sign of it being horribly OP so its likely to be available again at a later date (can it be scored via Supercontainer?). So not completely missed out.

Graf Spee is kinda funny to play, has huge potential but pretty hard to actually attain. So kinda not missed out.

Edited by hoom

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles

People talk about the Graf Spee as eating citadels, but I've found it more resilient to incoming fire than other same tier cruisers, including Leander, Budyonny and Nurnberg. You just have to remember to not drive broadside to use both gun turrets if people are targeting you, that you're playing the Spee and not the Scharnhorst, and remember that you aren't a battleship

Members
6,889 posts
14,875 battles

Graf Spee is kinda funny to play, has huge potential but pretty hard to actually attain. So kinda not missed out.

After I had her for awhile - I now find her easy to play.  DDs and other cruisers are a delight to eat.  ;)