You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FloatingTankAce

Problems calling in targets

9 comments in this topic

Members
89 posts
15,662 battles

So for some reason, my F3 key only works sporadically to call in targeted vessels. All my other F keys work reliably every time (and the F3 key works fine used in other applications besides WoWs). Is there some restriction to when you can use it? 

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

It tends to require more precise targeting since several patches ago. Not a big issue.

Members
89 posts
15,662 battles

What do you mean "more precise"? I have the ship targeted with my guns (not secondaries just the mains)  - is that not enough? Do I need to manually target it with secondaries? 

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

What do you mean "more precise"? I have the ship targeted with my guns (not secondaries just the mains)  - is that not enough? Do I need to manually target it with secondaries? 

It's a bit funny sometimes. Pointing your general direction to it will work, but sometimes you have to zoom in for it to work.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

You have to have your cursor moused over the target.  Not necessarily selected, but moused over at the moment you press F3.

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles

You need to have the crosshairs pointed at the actual ship and for it to be in gun range to call F3 - this is more difficult when it is behind an island and hard to see. Seems that pointing at their name usually works too. 

Note: if your ship has Torps, you can still light them up at any range by selecting the torp option. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

You need the curser on it because it is able to be used on cap points and allies.