Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mac__16

Lost at teir 8

19 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
2,714 battles

Started playing WOW's a year ago. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Best game I've ever played to get rid of tension & to stay tied into great play. Understanding that I'm not completely  involved in buying my way up the food chain of great warships. I made a bet with a friend that I could  muster my way to the T10 ships by just wading through what WOS's  Basic offerings that  would allow you to upgrade through pure play.

All was cool till I finely upgraded & rigged the N.O. cruiser(T8).   Love the boat & seem to hang fairly tough with the field.  I started with 12 Mill. in my account towards that would go for  next upgraded ship but no matter how well I play I end up at the 11Mill. that is way short of any forward purchase . infact I, won or had 5 victory battles in a row, and had less money that I started with.  This has gone on for well over a month and I know realize the retail screws have been put on to stop any farther progress in playing for free.  

I have no problem with that. I  Understand that all businesses has to turn a profit. Just tell me when you ( as a player) can not proceed  any further as a free player ( as advertised). When you get to the T8 guys or better, you should expect your more serious players. They are all in. Just let us no-nots in on when to pony up tp play.......DM

[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles

Basic answer is spend some money and buy back a lower tier ship you like, then grind credits until you can play high tier again.

Not impossible to make money in higher tiers, but you have to be really, REALLY good to do it without a premium account, (and a few signal flags and camo that help with credits.)

Keep that feeling of fun, it can sustain you through was sounds like is going to be a bit of a slow time as you build up your credit reserves.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Get a lower tiered ship to grind credits with. They make more than they lose, gaining you more silver and allowing you to play more high-tier games. 

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

T8, IMO, is the most competive tier.  It does not have the imbalance of the other tiers.

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Tier 9 is where the bank breaks, they're actually more expensive all told than tier 10s.

Remember to sale your old modules from the inventory.

Members
848 posts
6,915 battles

Higher tiers above 8 will lose money, unless you do well and have a premium account. Having a lower tier, preferably tier V, ship that you enjoy and do well in will rake in credits and also serves as useful stress relief.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,880 battles

Making that bet with your friend doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

Suddenly, fun becomes work.

Knock it off.  Tell your 'friend' whatever.  Gambling is not allowed on WOWS.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

Guess I am fortunate that only X ship I want right now is Yamato, and also want the tier 9 Fletcher, other than that my current goals for ship to collect are tier 8 or lower, oh I am saving up Free XP for Missouri which won't break the bank lol and will kill couple birds with 1 stone by giving me unlimited credits and giving me an Iowa Class Battleship and a Famous one at that. You see I am wanting a collection of the famous WWII ships to start with before worrying about getting a massive collection.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I can usually break even at t9  and make a bit at t8 on free account.   I do use flags where appropriate (which I've gotten from game)    zulu is reserved for t9s except BBs get s them at t8.    i am grinding to zao  at the moment and Bismarck is almost to 9   (not that I will get FDG)

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,773 battles

grab a tier 5/6 boat, they usually make decent income. BBs at tier 6 are probably your best bet for success, higher DMG usually = more credits!:read_fish:

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

I can usually break even at t9  and make a bit at t8 on free account.   I do use flags where appropriate (which I've gotten from game)    zulu is reserved for t9s except BBs get s them at t8.    i am grinding to zao  at the moment and Bismarck is almost to 9   (not that I will get FDG)

What is the most lucrative tier?  t7?

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

What is the most lucrative tier?  t7?

For tech tree ships: 6 or 7, the former is more forgiving.

[2CUTE]
Members
175 posts
6,565 battles

Hold on, you can actually lose credits than make some in the late-game tiers?

Huh, and here I am, trying to grind my way up as fast as possible.

Members
7,122 posts
26,443 battles

Hold on, you can actually lose credits than make some in the late-game tiers?

​Yes, it is very possible to lose 100-200k in a tier x ship. Its common to lose credits with a premium account and win and still lose credits, depending on your consumables.

[2CUTE]
Members
175 posts
6,565 battles

Wow, and I thought getting a premium would negate that. Hmm, guess making it that far of a tier puts your skills to the test and the results can really make or break your bank, doesn't it?

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

infact I, won or had 5 victory battles in a row, and had less money that I started with.

Winning the match has nothing to do with credits earned. Credits earned is mostly tied to damage dealt in the battle, and after taking a quick look at your stats, I can see why you are losing credits. At an 18k avg dmg in the NO, you will be paying rather than earning the majority of the time.

Not stat shaming, just giving you the facts.

Don't do that. I did that and it's taken me 7000 games to make up for it.

[2CUTE]
Members
175 posts
6,565 battles

Well I stopped teching up at Kongo (wanted her the instant I started playing the game) and I'll probably build up slowly from there I guess. The fact Fuso's stats are about roughly on par with Kongo is a major letdown too.

[PLAY]
Members
100 posts
10,412 battles

I have experienced the same thing and agree with all of the advice given thus far. I have two T8 sips presently with the Pensacola and Bismark. I have accepted that, do to my skill level, that there is a higher probability that they will cost me each time I take them into battle. So I spend more time in my T5-7 ships grinding coins to play the T8's. I have gone back and started replacing some of my favorite ships that were sold to Tier up over the last year. Ironically, The Arizona that I won in a Super Crate (Yes, you can win cool stuff), is my favorite ship and XP/Silver grinder.....LOL, she is the Bismark's "Sugar Momma"

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

most lucrutive depends on what account you run.  with free, I actually think you do better at t6  while you can do well at t7 with premium.      for premium, higher is always better of course.   I am trying to get my 750k freexp for missouri just for credit grinding.   run those premiums that you can get.  t6 premium can consistently earn more than t7  tier ship.   

better you play,   t7 becomes more lucritive.    I only have khab for t10 (soon zao)   and I do lose money without premium most of the time.    

Spend your time becoming above average before moving to higher tier.    consistent high level of play is very important to break even.   why I only run russian DD at t9/10.  they are very consistent ships   I've also stopped at t8 for BBs.  (have FDG unlocked though)  most cruiser can do alright if you can perform at 1200+wtr at t9.     

Edited by centarina

Sign in to follow this