Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Geococcyx

What to Keep.....

17 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
375 posts
9,884 battles

Ok - I have made it to the top of the IJN DD line, thus finishing research on all IJN DDs. I just bought and outfitted the Shimakaze. So looking over the IJN DDs I have in port I am try to decide what I want to keep; what might be useful in the future; and what I can let go. The current list of what I have is:

T2 - Umikaze, loved her coming up but rarely play her now.

T4 - Isokaze, loved her but don't player since they spit the IJN line. Guns and trops not worth it. The USN Clemson is a more enjoyable T4 DD.

T5 - Fujin, play her regularly as a trainer - still a joy.

T6 - Hatsuharu, I chose her over the New Fubuki based on stats and general feel. Got rid of the New Fubuki. Thought it good to keep a T6 DD with useable stealth torps, but for fun I like the Farragut better.

T7 - Shiratsuyu, love her. She is one of my top ships. She is a keeper.

T7 - Akatsuki, meh. I think the New Main Line IJN DDs are generally meh. Have played her only a handful or so number of games. Mainly kept her because when the line spit she end up with premium camo.

T8 - Akizuki, Got her in the split and have been keeping her around to try someday. I have played a few games in her.

T8 - Kagero, she's ok. Maybe I just remember the Old Fubuki and never warmed to the New Kagero. Maybe keep her for Ranked?

T9 - Yugumo, another ok ship. Generally I like playing the Fletcher more.

T10 - Shimakaze, we shall see.

I have the Russian DD, both sides, to T9. Since they play different from the IJN and USN I have not included them here. The German DDs I have researched up to T5.

Suggestion on what to keep and why? I don't mind keeping a DD around if it might be useful, but if it is not useful or fun then why keep it?

Thanks in advance.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

I have both Isokaze and Clemson. For me, I seem to like Isokaze and those fast loading torps for straight-liners.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

The only ones worth keeping are the T4 Isokaze, T7 Shiratsuyu, T8 Akizuki, T9 Yugumo, T10 Shimakaze, and all the Premiums.  I would destroy all other ships, plus any on this list that you feel you simply will not play weekly.

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,188 battles

T2 - Tachibana; situationally a blast.

T5 - Fujin, Kami-R, Kami; most fun I've had with IJN DDs.

T5 - Mutsuki, my best IJN DD.

T6 - Shinonome, at least I've enjoyed playing it more than the now T6 Fubuki

T8 - Akizuki - loved the heck out of it, but haven't played it any since finishing Honorable Service.

T everything else; either sold it as soon as I could, or refuse to touch it.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
375 posts
9,884 battles

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I am considering my choices. I am going to go back an play a few more games in some to double check. a couple I already sold.

Members
522 posts

T7 - Shiratsuyu, love her. She is one of my top ships. She is a keeper.

T7 - Akatsuki, meh. I think the New Main Line IJN DDs are generally meh. Have played her only a handful or so number of games. Mainly kept her because when the line spit she end up with premium camo.

I have used both and much prefer the Akatzuki. The extra speed and the faster reloads make her more usable for me. Shiratsuyu is also fun but much more situational. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

the only line IJN ships I kept were Akizuki and Shimakaze, but premiums:

Tachibana

Yubari (which is truly a destroyer)

Fujin

Kamikaze R

Kamikaze

[CVA16]
Members
8,886 posts
27,111 battles

T5 - Mutsuki, my best IJN DD.

Mutsuki your best??

With a high point captain I found her tolerable at best. No guns and the torpedos load too slow. Everybody wants to get into a gunfight with you.  If the enemy is at all familiar with the WASD keys you will have a very low scoring, boring game. It was more fun than the gutted Minekaze with a low point captain, but that is a pretty low bar.

Members
4,886 posts

what's wrong with akatsuki? she looks like blysk with somehow weaker but still pretty powerful guns (i picked mbm2 though to offset their sluggish turn rate, not sure if it's worth it because it's on the cost of about 0.37 sec. reload time) but much stronger torps, a pretty good dd imo

Everybody wants to get into a gunfight with you.  

they can want w/e they want, but you have your own ideas

t6 mustuki was my best ship, i didn't play the t5 one yet

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

Members
1,080 posts
5,785 battles

Akatsuki is amazing in everything, but concealment, and being a T7 she seas a lot of sub 6km dds and suffers for it greatly.

If WG could at least give her a 6.1 concealment after all bonuses, she would be perfect. It would still be 300m above shiratsuyu.

The only ijn dds I do not own atm are T2-4, hatsu, mutsu and minekaze. But, I got fujin and shinonome.

I only played fubuki 2ce after line split, but cannot bring myself to sell her, it was my favorite ship with largest number of games played and best overall performer before the split :honoring:.

Members
4,886 posts

well, akatsuki still has like 0.3 km (to be more precise - 0.36 km) better concealment than blysk and nobody really complains about blysk

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

[HEROS]
-Members-
1,462 posts
5,897 battles

The elephant lady is a fantastic Shimakaze analog. Similar gun and torpedo play, similar ship handling and stealth.  I kept mine since she is such an amazing ship. Akatsuki fo lyfe!

[CVA16]
Members
8,886 posts
27,111 battles

t6 mustuki was my best ship, i didn't play the t5 one yet

Never played the T6 version but heard lots of complaints about it before the split.

One problem with remembering the "old days" is that the player base seems to be tending toward more experienced players at all levels. I see far fewer WASD challenged potatoes than I did back before they started nerfing the hell out of the IJN DDs. Occasionally I will still be amazed when a long range shot fired along the indicator actually hits the intended target, but it is getting to be a rare event. A ship that only has TT can have some really bad games.

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
3,945 battles

I'm just starting up the IJN DD line for reals after chilling on the Minekaze since this time last year. My goal is the Shiratsuyu, because 16 torpedoes. Might try Akizuki too, she seems like the perfect ship to troll BBs with. I'm currently on Hatsuharu, enjoying her so far. Guns are workable, not good but not useless, the 6km suicide torps were a hoot but I'm gonna stick with the 10kms so I can stealthtorp (I still don't have CE on the captain, he's only got 8pts so far).

[KIA]
Members
3,839 posts
18,545 battles

Mutsuki your best??

With a high point captain I found her tolerable at best. No guns and the torpedos load too slow. Everybody wants to get into a gunfight with you.  If the enemy is at all familiar with the WASD keys you will have a very low scoring, boring game. It was more fun than the gutted Minekaze with a low point captain, but that is a pretty low bar.

Actually Mutsuki is better now than in the past. When she was T6, she had Fubuki torps with 59 kts speed and 1.3-1.5km detection (don't remember the exact value) with 2x3 launcher. Now she still have 2x3 launcher and less guns but she have something like 60 kts torps speed and 8 km range (which is enough to do damage) and she still have her good concealment, with concealment expert i'm sure you can reach something like 5.4km - 5.2km surface detection

Also since she's T5 she can be matched against T4 where BB are slow and sometime less reactive. Now if she's bottom tier, she still have her good concealment allowing her to spot ennemi DD first. Honestly i didn't played her but looking at her stat she seems not that bad.

Sign in to follow this