You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rokojindi

This event is seriously destroying my psyche

13 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
5,241 battles

I like to think I'm halfway decent at playing.  I like to play for the win, I do enjoy being competitive and while I recognize I am by no means at the top of the pile, I have steadily been heading in a positive direction based on my own stats.

And then this event comes along.  Every game is nothing more than an uphill battle against your own team rather than the opponents.  You're dealing with AFKs, you're dealing with bots, you're dealing with people who are just slamming game after game after game just to try and get the necessary coins to reach the kamikaze.  Thankfully I got the thing during the pearl event and it was nowhere NEAR as bad as Clash of the Elements.  I did all the Arpeggio missions, I did the Graf, and nowhere was I suffering so much in terms of drive to play or attempt to do well than during this event.

Eventually it just takes a toll on you.  My own recent play has just deteriorated to nothingness thanks to the awful design of this event.  I can't tank in a BB, there's no support, I can't contest or spot caps in a DD, there's no cruisers to take advantage of my vision, and I can't support and push in a cruiser because my BBs are all on the backline.  Yes these are issues that have been around since the beginning but never have they been so exacerbated.  After awhile though it just becomes completely unfun.  Carry harder is the rallying cry of the day, but I shouldn't *have* to bust my hump so that afkers and bots reap rewards thanks to my "hard work".  I enjoy close games, and I enjoy carrying and pulling my own weight, but you hit that point where landslide after landslide buries you in a sea of anger, and frustration that your teammates just "dont get it". There is a wall that you eventually run into and it generally just makes you absolutely loathe the people you are playing with.  There's no reason to stat shame, but the weekend has been a minefield of people you have to question whether they are legit playing or one of the above described players.

And I blame it all on the terrible design of the sheer volume of games and time you have to commit to this stupid event.  I don't mind earning things, I have no problem with lengthy yet attainable goals.  After all like I said I've ground out the missions for free stuff already.  But it never felt like a grind.  I could actually play the game normally, enjoy it, and by the end of the event I had completed what was necessary.  I feel bad for every single person who is actively attempting to reach the kamikaze during this event.  I understand why you would resort to botting, or just cycling through ships as fast as possible.

Seriously Wargaming, take it down a notch.  You don't need to have Korean MMO levels of grinding to earn something.  You're not going to endear yourself to the general public by pushing these types of events.  And worse, you're going to turn off people like *me* who have sunk money and time into your game.  Because I am just hitting that point where pushing battle is nothing more than a question of "how is my team going to screw me today?"

We all need to vent sometimes, and as a solo player I feel like commiserating with my fellow players in this misery.  Sometimes you just gotta get it out of your system.

• Cool 3

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

Sometimes you just gotta get it out of your system.

Or get the system out of you. I take breaks when I get that frustrated. A week or two AWOL and it freshens things up.
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,844 posts
30,533 battles

I had a choice, grind the event or watch the DVDs my sister gave me of the "Fraiser" tv show.... Been laughing and having a great time, ignoring the game probably one of my better decisions. If it really were a fire vs water event things might be different but since they are mixed up, it hardly matters. IMHO it was a terribly designed event. I even had the entire week off to take care of my dog who just had some surgery and could have played the event had it interested me. It did not. On the upside I haven't spent one dime on Warships recently and have no plans to spend any in the foreseeable future. 

• Cool 1

[LMNA]
Members
531 posts
6,862 battles

The frustration is real. The further the battle rages on, the more fragile my psyche becomes.

But no matter how hot the water blazes, nor how tall the waves of fire become, my message will continue to spread!

End The Clash before it ends us!

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,490 battles

Yup. There's one person with 0 score in maybe half of my games right now. And they are almost always on my team. :facepalm:

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

I remember getting rather manic with that Mikasa grind. You end up having your playstyle bent out of shape. I try not to let that happen with the current Honorable Service campaign but last night I found myself taking reckless risks to score hits on a Kutuzov---why? Because the task was to get 200,000 HP damage on Russian ships and they can be few and far between with nary a BB. I was really close to completing that, the battle for our side was clearly lost, so I just yolo-d straight at him and rammed him with a 60% or so Moskva. I'm not so proud of that lol.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

it sad that this event is much harder then the Project R event for the exact same ship. Well played WG

[B-TX]
Members
360 posts
3,256 battles

The event isn't too much for me I didn't even play the second week because I didn't have the time.  Thing that is burning me up is the last two days I was able to play I been mainly focusing on my T5 Texas cause I don't play her much because of the fact I am always bottom tier in it.  Same thing for the last two days 99% of the matches has been me up tiered to T6 and T7 ships.  Nothing but frustration but the moment I got a team that was mostly T5 with one or two T6 ships I had a blast.  But moment I get in with me and one other T5 ship things go to crapand the frustration starts.

Its really at the point that I want to create a topic on here demanding something to be changed on this or give me my money back on my Texas since I feel no desire to play the ship since its always in matches that puts me at a sever disadvantage.

I tried for this event using my Warspite that worked okay kill two birds with one stone get some UK damage points and get coins for the event.  But same thing but its mostly T7 and T8 ships I am up against.  Tried my Tirpitz some for this as she used to be fun to play and I could get a lot done.  Nope not this time few matches I played was up against T10 ships and just couldn't get any kills.

Have to say this company sure makes it easy to walk away from the game.  They also are really pushing me towards not doing my yearly $100 spending at Christmas this year like the last two years.  That's mainly cause the Battle of Jutland flag is being given for free next month when I paid extra to get it with the Warspite/Campbeltown pack.

• Cool 1

Members
1,247 posts
6,540 battles

I signed up, played my normal way, and will probably use the coins to by a bunch or camos to use.

That's what I did too. I don't play as much as before and I didn't want to burn myself out over this event. I barely got any coins, but I don't care. I'll have enough for a special upgrade or two and I'll be happy with that.

If they realize people were not that excited over that event, they may do a more interesting one the next time. At least that's what I'm hoping.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

it sad that this event is much harder then the Project R event for the exact same ship. Well played WG

it's less difficult and more immorally time consuming. I don't know what vodka drinking dev at wargaming thought creating an event that would take tens of hours a week to get a single tier 5 destroyer (or 2000 doubloons, w/e) was even remotely acceptable. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,844 posts
30,533 battles

it's less difficult and more immorally time consuming. I don't know what vodka drinking dev at wargaming thought creating an event that would take tens of hours a week to get a single tier 5 destroyer (or 2000 doubloons, w/e) was even remotely acceptable. 

Well hard to blame a developer, they are probably just thinking stuff up. I blame whomever approved the developer's work or one of the staff that actually plays the game for not adjusting it. The amount of time required was stupid for most players IMHO. Course the problem is the people who have no life, the really good players, and the crack heads who can stay up all night playing who have earned the ship this go around. Already posts about "I had no problems" and the like. People like that need to be stripped and sprayed.....