You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vielfrab

Reskinned my Bogatyr

17 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
1,120 battles

I reskinned my Bogatyr today.  It's still a work in progress (have to finished the gun casements and other details such as the lifeboats).

Let me know what you think.

uo3rk.jpg2reiqll.jpgx229et.jpg

• Cool 5

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Looks great. What a badass ship, a bow made for ramming.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Oh holy shite thats awesome. =O

Please tell me you're going to share that skin file? That is bada** =D

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

Looks amazing! Maybe you should make the turrets a blue color?:yes_cap:

• Cool 1

Members
16 posts
1,120 battles

Looks amazing! Maybe you should make the turrets a blue color?:yes_cap:

Thanks for the replies.  Currently, the side turrets are chrome, but chrome looks best on curved surfaces.  I'll try out blue and some other options.

Members
16 posts
1,120 battles

Oh holy shite thats awesome. =O

Please tell me you're going to share that skin file? That is bada** =D

Oh...well thank you!  I will definitely share once it's done.  It may be a bit as this is my first skin and I'm still trying to hunt down all the necessary files such as the twin turret casements and the lifeboats.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,165 posts
15,765 battles

Remove the skull & cross bones and it is actually rather close to the paint scheme that the Black Sea Fleet used up tto/through WWI.

• Cool 1

Members
16 posts
1,120 battles

Remove the skull & cross bones and it is actually rather close to the paint scheme that the Black Sea Fleet used up tto/through WWI.

​Oh wow, I hadn't considered that!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,833 posts
30,514 battles

Yeah the OP did a great job, the ship is beautiful! I wish I could buy a camouflage that looked half as nice for some of my ships. Well done Vielfrab!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,165 posts
15,765 battles

Yeah the OP did a great job, the ship is beautiful! I wish I could buy a camouflage that looked half as nice for some of my ships. Well done Vielfrab!

There are some amazing skinners out there. I have said this on the WoWP forum on the skins there is that WG should do is take the best and make them available in the game as cosmetic camouflage for free..

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,833 posts
30,514 battles

There are some amazing skinners out there. I have said this on the WoWP forum on the skins there is that WG should do is take the best and make them available in the game as cosmetic camouflage for free..

Yes have seen some of their work, really nice stuff out there and you are right, wish they would make them available without having to use a mod. I particularly like the reskins where they remove the rust from ships. Seems they could make this available without much effort, maybe for a small fee. The talent that some of the player base has is always astounding IMHO> 

Members
16 posts
1,120 battles

Well said.  I am an amateur compared to them.  I have a lot of work to do on this one before I'll consider it shareable, but thank you so much, everyone, for your encouragement!

Members
16 posts
1,120 battles

look really good, that pirate flag is dope too.

I don't know how to share the flag individually, but there are mods that have pirate flags out there.