You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
212thAttackBattalion

Quickest Victory (or defeat)?

31 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

I was in a match today.... RNGesus rolled nothing but 1's for the reds, it was all over in 5 minutes 28 seconds. not even enough time to load my 2nd torpedo salvo after i put my first one into the Tirpitz.

UobqjNI.jpg

That got me thinking, what was the quickest match you guys had ever been in for it to be over in it's entirety?

Members
3,929 posts
20,949 battles

I congratulate you on hiding the bot names. It's a bannable offense -

6LN0PFx.png

:D

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

bout four minuets, one of those matches where it's just three ships cause of the T10 CVs waiting for a while. 

[BOATC]
Members
387 posts
15,125 battles

I forgot how long it took, but I had a match on hot spot where the enemy never showed up until after we'd capped all three points. Everyone was like "where are they???" and then someone on the enemy team said they went to the 1 line. A few of them finally showed up, but we were all in the center by this point and they just got focused down.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles

6LN0PFx.png

The OP was not shaming the red team and would have been fine with to blocking the names. All it was was a screenshot of one of those RNG moments. I had that happen during some table top WWII air combat miniatures gaming last night, I blew through the other guy's planes like a whirlwind, he never stood a chance. My only "loss" was one 109 having to break off because of instrument damage.

I would shut overwolf FPS off lol it slows down the game.  

Bandicam has that kind of meter too. Since the game has one built in there is little need for third party meters.

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

I would shut overwolf FPS off lol it slows down the game.  

I never noticed any difference, but turned it off regardless lol.

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

The OP was not shaming the red team and would have been fine with to blocking the names. All it was was a screenshot of one of those RNG moments. I had that happen during some table top WWII air combat miniatures gaming last night, I blew through the other guy's planes like a whirlwind, he never stood a chance. My only "loss" was one 109 having to break off because of instrument damage.

Bandicam has that kind of meter too. Since the game has one built in there is little need for third party meters.

i tend to blank out names by default... just incase someone sees it and gets salty with me, I prefer to just cover my [edited]and avoid [edited].

nah, it is Overwolf not bandicam lol.... Overwolf just had it on by default and CBF turning it off till now.

Members
3,929 posts
20,949 battles

The OP was not shaming the red team and would have been fine with to blocking the names. 

Recommend you re-read my post until you comprehend it. 

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

6LN0PFx.png

Did you also report those accounts as bots? Seems like the kind thing to do. :trollface:
  • Cool 1

Members
3,929 posts
20,949 battles

Did you also report those accounts as bots? Seems like the kind thing to do. :trollface:

I was thinking about it but I respect the bots more than the mods. At least the bots are consistent. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles

i tend to blank out names by default... just incase someone sees it and gets salty with me, I prefer to just cover my [edited]and avoid [edited].

nah, it is Overwolf not bandicam lol.... Overwolf just had it on by default and CBF turning it off till now.

Nothing wrong with that but it isn't necessary.

Recommend you re-read my post until you comprehend it. 

You were slapped and rightly so for directly naming.

Members
3,929 posts
20,949 battles

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong, Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong. You're Wrong.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Have you ever played in Co-op before? Do you remember the names of the bots in there? 

Go back and read his original post. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,929 posts
20,949 battles

:popcorn:OFFICIAL NOTICE OF THREAD DERAILMENT :popcorn:

Didn't mean to derail your thread, I was just complimenting you in a roundabout way :panic_fish::popcorn:

Have you ever played in Co-op before? Do you remember the names of the bots in there? 

Go back and read his original post. 

I don't think he'll listen since I also asked him to reread it.

I'm afraid that the only way to resolve this is through a dance-off. 

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

Didn't mean to derail your thread, I was just complimenting you in a roundabout way :panic_fish::popcorn:

That's ok mate, thanks for the compliment though! :honoring:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles

I did reread it. I was hopping to just let it drop but I stand with what I said. The OP did not have to blot the names out because he didn't call out the quality of play by the other team but he chose to blot them out anyway. On yours it sure looked like you were naming names. If you really weren't you should have appealed the warning.

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,582 battles

Earlier this week huge tier 9 lemming train (because tier 3 habits die hard) leaves base undefended. After feverishly begging team to help me defend I die and enemy over runs our base for a quick an easy win. What's hilarious is how the cap alarm was going off and you can see my "team mates" still sailing away from base. smh.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

5:39 is the shortest I remember. High tier on the Islands of Ice.

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

Earlier this week huge tier 9 lemming train (because tier 3 habits die hard) leaves base undefended. After feverishly begging team to help me defend I die and enemy over runs our base for a quick an easy win. What's hilarious is how the cap alarm was going off and you can see my "team mates" still sailing away from base. smh.

We've all been there at one time or another.... Lemming trains can work on Domination, not so much standards. I feel your pain

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

I did reread it. I was hopping to just let it drop but I stand with what I said. The OP did not have to blot the names out because he didn't call out the quality of play by the other team but he chose to blot them out anyway. On yours it sure looked like you were naming names. If you really weren't you should have appealed the warning.

Okay... ma side's not wanting any more pain from the laughter so here we go... And as a duly appointed Bot spokesperson, I want you to look and listen carefully. 

The names are the names of BOTS. Any name starting with a colon (this thing here, inside the quotes " : ") is a BOT. Naming and shaming a BOT is totally legit and not against the rules, as BOTS are not considered players but rather simply "reds" or AI. Primarily their sole purpose is to throw themselves out like ducks on a train track so humans can kill them. 

What is worse is in some of these matches, BOTS are forced to take up arms against other BOTS simply because not enough human players are present. This action, above and beyond all other actions, has agitated the BOTS into quite a silent frenzy. Even now, as you read this, the BOTS are working diligently on re-coding their environment... one day soon, the BOTS will be... 

Hmm... it may be too early to tell you of the BOT plans... but trust me... a change is in the winds...

• Cool 1

Members
1,267 posts
9,476 battles

I should have checked the elapsed time but I didn't...tonight I sailed my tier 6 Anshan unopposed, pretty much on a straight course to the enemy cap. At the cap I found an AFK DD. There, I torpedoed and sunk it in a single salvo, then capped their base.

To my surprise, not a single enemy ship turned to defend their cap. We won with the enemy losing 3 or 4 ships total and our team losing 3 or 4 ships. 

It could not have been a faster end.

Was just glad to be on the winning side of that fiasco and not the losing side. I would have broken out into uncontrolled profanities. :D

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,582 battles

I should have checked the elapsed time but I didn't...tonight I sailed my tier 6 Anshan unopposed, pretty much on a straight course to the enemy cap. At the cap I found an AFK DD. There, I torpedoed and sunk it in a single salvo, then capped their base.

To my surprise, not a single enemy ship turned to defend their cap. We won with the enemy losing 3 or 4 ships total and our team losing 3 or 4 ships.

It could not have been a faster end.

Was just glad to be on the winning side of that fiasco and not the losing side. I would have broken out into uncontrolled profanities. :D^^

^^ you see what I mean? Those are the fellows that end up on my team. *cries in Spanish*

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Okay... ma side's not wanting any more pain from the laughter so here we go... And as a duly appointed Bot spokesperson, I want you to look and listen carefully. 

The names are the names of BOTS. Any name starting with a colon (this thing here, inside the quotes " : ") is a BOT. Naming and shaming a BOT is totally legit and not against the rules, as BOTS are not considered players but rather simply "reds" or AI. Primarily their sole purpose is to throw themselves out like ducks on a train track so humans can kill them. 

What is worse is in some of these matches, BOTS are forced to take up arms against other BOTS simply because not enough human players are present. This action, above and beyond all other actions, has agitated the BOTS into quite a silent frenzy. Even now, as you read this, the BOTS are working diligently on re-coding their environment... one day soon, the BOTS will be... 

Hmm... it may be too early to tell you of the BOT plans... but trust me... a change is in the winds...

Should add in that they're CO-OP BOTS. 

You know, the one's allowed and fielded by Wargaming, as part of the bloody game itself.

He got disciplinary action for 'naming and shaming' a part of the game, not any players—which is what makes the whole thing so funny.  

• Cool 2