Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OnABoat

WHY THE #$@% CANT WE SEE UNRESEARCHED SHIP UPGRADES?

12 comments in this topic

[NOOBS]
Members
92 posts
2,680 battles

LIKE wth?  I am forced to go outside the game to look this crap up.  It is this type of nickel and dime crap that annoys me to no end.

Edited by OnABoat
  • Cool 5

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

You can see the specs by clicking onto it, what else do you want? That the preview of the ship gets those upgrades as well? See it as a motivation to buy said ship.

Members
412 posts
17,016 battles

You can see the specs by clicking onto it, what else do you want? That the preview of the ship gets those upgrades as well? See it as a motivation to buy said ship.

the op wants to see what upgrade slots the ship has, and what upgrades it is able to mount.  these are only available if you get into the wows wiki

what the op wants,   is  he wants to be able to see what can be put on the ship by going to the tec tree in game

i agree with the op, it is real stupid that this info is not given to you in game,

but if its stupid, thats the way wg does it

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

I guess it is meant as a form of motivation as stated above.

Because the number/type of upgrades/consumables is a major factor influencing our ship purchasing decisions as a player-base...

Makes no sense that this info is not available and easily accessible. Having this available doesn't really give one player an advantage or anything....but that is how WG rolls. Much information is need-to-know and players are not need-to-know. 

Members
38 posts
2,322 battles

No, it's not a motivational tool, this isn't a Tony Robbins seminar.. When you have to go external and look up modules on the wiki instead of seeing them in the tech tree. Idk either way, can see all the modules anyway with few extra clicks..  

Edited by gmann14
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

So you know - I pitched a beach about this a LONG time ago and was totally ignored. Hope you succeed and they alter it. It's insane actually. 

Another thing is are the costs related to the ship... who cares if I've already researched something and purchased it. How much research did it cost me? I may want to compare lines or ships or maybe I'm just curious. Why the big secret about something we already researched? 

<walks off shaking head, mumbling....> 

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

I don't understand what the big deal is?...

Consume less caffeine? 

Edited by CybrSlydr

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

This frustrates me significantly. And I agree we should be able to see consumables and upgrade slots. While we are at it, can we look at upgraded hulls and camouflage options? One for armor purposes, the other because ships are pretty.

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

I agree with the OP.

I like to see what I am buying. And buying one upgrade can have a MAJOR impact on a ship. Take a look at the Furataka for example. Going from the A hull to the B hull is a HUGE difference, not only in increased equipment, but gameplay style as well. Something you cant really tell from the stats alone.

EDIT: For those saying 'keep the upgrades hidden as an incentive'... by that logic, they should they hide all higher tier ships in a line until you unlock them too. lol! (Yeah, that's just ridiculous).

Edited by capncrunch21

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

No, it's not a motivational tool, this isn't a Tony Robbins seminar.. When you have to go external and look up modules on the wiki instead of seeing them in the tech tree. Idk either way, can see all the modules anyway with few extra clicks..  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Tony Robbins seminar! Dude, that's a RIOT! UPVOTE!

Sign in to follow this