Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_MbpaxbbAUblh

Is it possible to destroy yourself?

18 comments in this topic

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

You could've torped an ally in front of you that you didn't see or mistook it as an enemy.

[RSRC]
Beta Testers
1,258 posts
9,265 battles

If you're already pink from team killing someone, any damage you do to a friendly is reflected to you and heavily multiplied. 

Beta Testers
761 posts
5,299 battles

How is this possible?

W0kkWkh.jpg

I torped another Caledon and then my ship blew up (Was at 1/3rd of health). I did not understand that part.

As a pink player any damage you do to allies/friendlies is reflected back to you. So that is how you killed yourself

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

What ship can shoot itself?

A depressed one.
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,116 posts
30,885 battles

I know a while back there were weird circumstances that Udaloi can torpedo itself.  The problem is the aft torpedo launcher.  There were videos, animated gifs of Udaloi doing the typical turn away and torp launch.  The ship turns and the stern of the ship turns fast enough that it hits the torps launched.  It defies what we know about torps, especially that arming distance, but it happened on Udaloi.  I cannot find that animated gif nor youtube video anymore, been a long time.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

I know a while back there were weird circumstances that Udaloi can torpedo itself.  The problem is the aft torpedo launcher.  There were videos, animated gifs of Udaloi doing the typical turn away and torp launch.  The ship turns and the stern of the ship turns fast enough that it hits the torps launched.  It defies what we know about torps, especially that arming distance, but it happened on Udaloi.  I cannot find that animated gif nor youtube video anymore, been a long time.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

Any ship with very high angle batteries.

this is perfect,works of arts.

[WHB]
Members
86 posts
5,414 battles

When I am pink I do it all the time right before someone is about to kill me. Prevents my kill from going to the enemy!

[RLGN]
Members
19,139 posts
35,179 battles

Some ships can shoot themselves. Additionally, you can scuttle in CV's.

Carriers can still suicide and it doesn't directly cause a teamkill penalty or a Pinkening, (for 'Reasons' I did so to myself recently...) but the damage the CV causes TO ITSELF still counts towards the total team-damage vs enemy damage ratio, and that can cause problems for you later.

[DD214]
Members
816 posts
44,749 battles
Had it happen once to me in a Khab when I was helping a BB under attack. Two of my HE rounds hit him as the other ships engaged and caused a fire. Kept getting the "don't hurt your allies message" and couldn't  figure out why (didn't see  the friendly fire) A couple of minutes later I got the "penalty for causing damage message and was blown up. really an unhappy surprise.

Sign in to follow this