You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Miadous

Supercontainers? Are you out there?

30 comments in this topic

[ECP]
Members
39 posts
5,980 battles

I read about Wargaming making supercontainers worse, but did they also decrease drop rate? I haven't gotten one since last year. I get 2 chests per day, sometimes 3. 

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I've gotten a couple, but they usually aren't super, they are actually worse than normal containers. 8-12 flags > 1 useless upgrade worth 625k.

• Cool 1

[GBO]
Members
120 posts
29,468 battles

I have been getting more super containers lately but all are upgrades...  

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

What part of Free are you not understanding?

You play the game, don't do anything differently. No Mission, No requirements.

Just Play as you would normally.

The super containers drop when they drop.

There is no promise made to you that you will get one, only that they are there.

And to complain about "useless Items" when you can sell anything you don't want or need.

It is of my opinion Never look a gift horse in the mouth, take it smile and move on.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

If you have not yet sold off your first-born child, there's no chance of getting a supercontainer. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

I get them regularly. Sometimes 2-3 per week with the record being 5, sometimes none. They only drop from TYL for me. Usually they are good.

ska6GF0.jpg

Members
1,002 posts
4,096 battles

My first 2 containers of the day were both super containers. First was for 5 million credits & the second was for 50k free xp.

[F-U]
Members
205 posts
3,248 battles

Are you consistently picking luck? The luck containers are your best shot at getting a super container.

Members
4,886 posts

What part of Free are you not understanding?

You play the game, don't do anything differently. No Mission, No requirements.

firstly that "free" part is a [edited]

this game is strictly business, they twist your arms for money and gave in exchange some stuff to play with, it's not like anything in the game is some charity or something

secondly there is a strict xp requirement that makes some people play more than what they otherwise would

Members
5,450 posts
21,046 battles

First off you have to be willing to get less stuff on average by taking Try Your Luck to increase your odds of getting a Super Container. The odds of getting a SC with TYL are a tiny bit better than with the other options. I think its like 2 or 3 percent with TYL and only 1 percent with the other container options so a rare event.

I've been recording my Super Container wins since the system started and I've received 21 SCs in 7 months. 

These SCs have been; 250 Sierra Mike Signals, 250 Juliet Charlie, 50k Free Xp, 250 India X-Ray Signals, 50 Ocean Soul Camos, Anshan + 10p Captain, 10 million Credits, 10 million credits, 250 Premium Damage Control Party 2, 50 Ocean Soul Camo's, 100 Dragon Signal flags , 30 days of premium, 250 India X-Ray signals, 5 million credits, {Point at which WG change the contents of all Containers, Including the addition of the new "Special Ship Models"}, Special Mod, Special Mod, 50 Dragon Signal flags, Special Mod, Special Mod, Special Mod, 50k Free Xp [got this nice SC Friday]. 

You might look at the SCs I've received and think I'm really lucky. But I'm not keeping track of all the times I got 5 now 4 flags that increase your detonation chance, or the 5 now 2 free camos. Lately I've seen several 750 Free Xp containers, used to be 3k of the stuff before the change and a few free ports slots. 

You have to be willing to get less stuff regularly to increase your odds of getting something awesome. But even than you might get a SC containing a Special Module that isn't useful to you besides selling it for the credits it can generate. 

The Container system is a lottery that you trade time for the chance at something good. But if you don't see a SC you'll still be getting something mildly useful even if its just the credit value when you sell it. 

I know of no way to increase your odds at a Super Container. Its just a grind until you get lucky and some people have better luck than others. My advice is to always expect nothing or something that isn't useful. That way when you finally do get something good its a nice surprise. 

Members
4,886 posts

First off you have to be willing to get less stuff on average by taking Try Your Luck to increase your odds of getting a Super Container. The odds of getting a SC with TYL are a tiny bit better than with the other options. I think its like 2 or 3 percent with TYL and only 1 percent with the other container options so a rare event.

well, if your numbers are right then the odds are not "a tiny bit better", they are from twice to thrice better with try your luck than with any other option

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

[ANK-S]
Members
460 posts
20,516 battles

I have been getting several each month.  About 3 days ago earned two chests and you guessed it, back to back supercrates!  The first was some ship upgrade and the second one was 50 dragon flags.  Not bad for a days work.  :P

Video link of my two crates (at the very end of the video) 

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,171 battles

Normally I pass on these threads, but I haven't seen a super container since 3ish weeks before ranked closed. It's been brutal. I always do try your luck and I try to get all 3 every day. At this point, I am wondering if it's bugged on the drop rate. I mean, mathematically it's technically possible to play forever and not get one, but there should be some sort of safety net. Open 100 and get at least 1. Holy.

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

I lately chose 50 try your luck containers and got nothing.  I changed back to credit containers since I wasn't getting anything.

Edited by Sventex

Members
4,886 posts

I lately choose 50 try your luck containers and got nothing.  I changed back to credit containers since I wasn't getting anything.

did you get more free xp than usual and maybe even a port slot or two? i am thinking to try that mainly for those (otherwise either money or equipement make more sense)

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

did you get more free xp than usual and maybe even a port slot or two? i am thinking to try that mainly for those (otherwise either money or equipement make more sense)

Not in this batch of 50.  I think I got a 750 batch of free exp, and the only thing of note I got was some type 3 Halloween camo.  It was pretty much 1 set of flags for most of the containers.  I won a port slot and 4 reserve slots in March, but that was from a credit container.
Edited by Sventex

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
3,945 battles

I've gotten ten supercontainers since they revamped the drop system. However, all but one were the new upgrades, including two supercontainers I got back to back this Wednesday and Thursday which had the SAME module in them.

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

Like everyone else said, the problem is when you finally land a SC you get the new crappy upgrades.

Oh yeah, I think the one SC I got this year was a dumb defensive fire upgrade.
Edited by Sventex

[AA-DS]
Members
979 posts

You wont believe this but yesterday in the LWM Perth review thread i was asking about how to get the smoke mod gen 1 (apart from SC as I had not had once since december 2106)as i had just bought the Perth.

Played a game in Perth, used 'try your luck' on first container of day-BINGO-SC and smoke mod gen 1 !!!!

• Cool 1

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

I have been hearing about people getting cool stuff trying their luck, so I have been trying my luck lately. I'm into it for about 12 attempts at a Stupid Container now. I want to see how many times I get my face farted in for my effort before I actually get one. I got one earlier this year, but that's it. Don't remember what I got. Wish me luck.......... I'll post when/if I get one.

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles

I haven't had one since about November... Got one yesterday and it was some crapmodule. 

Yay. 625k credits.