Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

Reduce score gain/loss on ship destruction

19 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,490 battles

Too many blowout games have been happening recently. It is not fun being on either side. It's not fun getting your teeth kicked in as you watch your entire team die, nor is it fun to win without being able to contribute much. It sucks winning a 6-minute game at tier 9-10 but losing credits even on a premium account because there simply wasn't enough time to deal damage or cap stuff.

I think it would help if the score gain and loss on ship destruction was lowered so that the game won't end if one team has lost half of its ships while the other team hasn't lost a single ship.

Or give increased credit rewards based on how quickly the game ended so that you're not losing credits (with premium) at tier 9/10 on a blowout win simply because there wasn't enough time to get your contributions. (One significant downside to having introduced fixed service fees)

• Cool 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,879 posts
17,672 battles

Another one what? Go ruin someone else's thread.

another complaint thread by you and no, im not going anywhere, its too fun to watch you throw a tantrum over something that will always be out of your control

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Reasonable.

I'd try and figure out the credit coefficients and numbers behind those sorts of changes though. That way, it all sounds more official and the community is more likely to rally behind such an idea.

For instance, work out how much the loss of each type of ship will impact the points total, examine the possible impacts such changes would have, and all that. All in all, nice suggestion, though I'd lean more towards the second option—with increased credit earnings based on how quickly the match ends.

Of course, keep in mind that there are perfectly valid reason why such changes might not work either.    

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I've said this before. 

When a battle ends quickly the remaining members of the winning team should get partial credit for the remaining health of the enemy team. When a game ends on points it should be as if each surviving player evenly gets credit for 50% of each enemy ships' health pool. That is to say if there are 5 surviving ships on the winning team and 1 on the losing team each player gets credits and xp as if tehy had done 10% of the losing ship's remaining HP.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

My understanding of credit coefficient is the more damage you can do the more credits you get and I tend to be greedy lol, at times letting an ally get a kill in exchange for my getting hits into higher HP target. Of course I don't ignore a kill if there is even the slightest chance of the near dead vessel surviving 

Members
272 posts
5,408 battles

Finally, I get a win. But of course, it was another blowout win which finished in just under 7 minutes. NOT FUN.

You play a blowout game and 6 minutes later this thread happens..

Edited by Shoukaku_Kai_Ni

Members
6,886 posts
14,864 battles

The number of 6 minute games in the last 2 months that I have had,  I can add on one hand - hell - I believe it is one finger and that was today.

Edited by CylonRed

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

If one team has lost half of its ships to an enemy that has taken no casualties then the battle should be over, because one side has clearly lost in a hurry. To that point, I don't agree that kill points should be changed. I am more receptive to an economy change, however.

Beta Testers
1,313 posts
12,709 battles

Nah.

I still think the top one or two players on the losing team should be swapped with worst one or two players on the winning team in terms of credits and XP.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

I mean, I get you have such a boring life that your only form of entertainment is to cry about invalid things on the forums BUUUUT, the world doesn't care about you or your opinion. As to your topic: HAHAHAHA no. If a team is so damn bad/outclassed that it gets torn apart within the first 5 minutes, it deserves to get an early loss. PERIOD. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,879 posts
17,672 battles

I mean, I get you have such a boring life that your only form of entertainment is to cry about invalid things on the forums BUUUUT, the world doesn't care about you or your opinion. As to your topic: HAHAHAHA no. If a team is so damn bad/outclassed that it gets torn apart within the first 5 minutes, it deserves to get an early loss. PERIOD. 

This

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

I think it would help if the score gain and loss on ship destruction was lowered so that the game won't end if one team has lost half of its ships while the other team hasn't lost a single ship.

Or give increased credit rewards based on how quickly the game ended so that you're not losing credits (with premium) at tier 9/10 on a blowout win simply because there wasn't enough time to get your contributions. (One significant downside to having introduced fixed service fees)

I think you are spot on, and I'm fine with either of these suggestions. The current point system seems to work off of some weird "mercy rule" that does anything but give actual mercy. Instead, the winners get crap XP for their first win of the day (in some cases) and the last survivor of the losing team don't get a chance to salvage anything.

I'm quite familiar with the OP's typical rant posts. This is not one of them. It's actually a good suggestion to a very real problem.

Sign in to follow this