Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Going for the Hindenburg....

27 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

So for a long time I've been struggling with the age old question "what ship line is worth the grind to the top" and frankly...I had to sit on the test server for a bit and figure this out.

Whilst the idea of a massive tier X BB appeals, it just...seems too...sluggish...

The Z52 didn't appeal to me in the least....

Then we got to the Hindenberg....jesus christ can we say pocket battleship? It chewed up Zao's, I promptly told a Des Moines to **** off rapidly with a well played 12 barrel salvo...and the Mino...well...I just let someone else fight the Mino (that terminator of chain gunnery scares me.)

I'm finding the Roon to be a very playable ship...so far I've got a fire spamming stealth build with adren rush...and so far it's quite swell when you're racking up arsonist left right and center.

So 150k to go....I may cave and whip out the credit card but this grind is actually pretty solid. 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Hindenburg is still the weakest T10 cruiser by my estimation, even after all the adjustments. Just a fair warning to manage your expectations. Her AP penetration values are criminally low, so you'll end up spamming HE in a clearly sub-par HE spammer boat.

[HEROS]
-Members-
1,462 posts
5,897 battles

Hindenburg is still the weakest T10 cruiser by my estimation, even after all the adjustments. Just a fair warning to manage your expectations. Her AP penetration values are criminally low, so you'll end up spamming HE in a clearly sub-par HE spammer boat.

And yet she can still do insane damage at long range with AP on broadside targets.  I've even citadeled a GKF at 18km before. 

The AP is criminally under rated. The ship as a whole is.  She is easily my best ship.

Members
312 posts
2,789 battles

I would get the Hindenburg on NA, but I can't be arsed to get through all the irrelevant ships to Hipper, and my SEA account is currently grinding 4 (!) lines at once, while I'm slogging through Colorado to get to Montana and FR cruisers here. 

Edited by admiral_noone

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

Roon is a joy to play and a keeper for sure. Trouble is you will need to have good commanders for both Roon and Hindy :)

Moskva is another one to go for if you like cruisers. From tier 6 on up it is a fun grind.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Roon is a joy to play and a keeper for sure. Trouble is you will need to have good commanders for both Roon and Hindy :)

Moskva is another one to go for if you like cruisers. From tier 6 on up it is a fun grind.

I'm getting pretty close to my Moskva.  I dont mind playing the Donskoi so much.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

hindenburger HE is underrated

If you use DE and MBM3 on that thing, it will quickly rack up 100k dmg

H-burger: (6.8 RPM * 12 guns * 2500 dmg) / 3 = 68k potential damage in 1 min

Zao: (4.38 RPM * 12 guns * 3400 dmg) / 3 = 59k dmg

Edited by MrDeaf

[WG-CC]
-Members-
385 posts
4,941 battles

Roon and Hindenburg are superb ships both worthy of grinding and keeping. 

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Hindy is currently my favorite ship to play. Very versatile ship that excels at both long and short range. With the reload mod, her AP DPM is nothing short of monstrous. Battleships who show broadside to you will stare in awe and terror as you peel off 8 to 10k hp from their upper belt every nine seconds.

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

The Hindenberg is everything you love about the Roon except better. One extra turret of ship wrecking AP, same fantastic cruiser armor, and an extra set of torp tubes.

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

My recommendation for T10 Cruisers, in order of preference.

1. Zao
  2. Hindenburg
  3. Des Monies
  4. Henry IV
  5. Mosvka
  6. Something Else
  7. Something Else
  8. Something Else
  9. Garbage or Not Playing whatsoever
  10. Minotaur
Edited by aAkula

[NEIN]
Members
88 posts
14,813 battles

I was pretty bad in Hipper,. good in Roon and better in Hindenburg.  Maybe I got better in German cruisers as the grind progressed,.. but now Hindy is my new fav ship.  Very strong.  Some games I forget to look at damage numbers and when I do I'm like,.. wow 100K already?  Cool.

[CRMSN]
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

All the T10 crusiers are good - you can't go wrong.

Most top level players I know are running Tier X Cruisers with devastating effectiveness. 

I am talking like 70% win rates.. 

When people tell me Tier X CA's / Cl's need buffs. 

ya51dl.jpg

[X-PN]
Beta Testers
792 posts
13,519 battles

I have the Zao, Moskva and the Hindy, and it's a toss up between the three which one I prefer. I unlocked the Hindy on its release date using free XP and found it hard to play it at first. Since it was my second TX cruiser (after the Zao), I falsely played it like a long distance HE spammer (aka Zao style) but later found that it really excelled at close range knife fighting. Adopting a more aggressive style of play enabled me to play the Hindy to its potential.

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,216 battles

I have just the Zao and Hindenburg but damn it's difficult to choose between them but I really do love the Hindenburg.  All of the Tier 10s are extremely capable and you'll get different playstyles but you really can't go wrong with any of them.  Hindenburg is one of my top 5 favorite ships in the game, though.

Back to back matches from yesterday:

wz6Oqkn.jpg

c7TdIwA.jpg

The match on Mountain Range was one of the best brawls I've ever been a part of.  Off to record it right now :D

• Cool 1

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

I have just the Zao and Hindenburg but damn it's difficult to choose between them but I really do love the Hindenburg.  All of the Tier 10s are extremely capable and you'll get different playstyles but you really can't go wrong with any of them.  Hindenburg is one of my top 5 favorite ships in the game, though.

wz6Oqkn.jpg

c7TdIwA.jpg

The match on Mountain Range was one of the best brawls I've ever been a part of.  Off to record it right now :D

Well this settles it for me.  I need to buckle down and grind the German CA line.

I have to admit though, I've really been struggling with some of the mid tier German CAs.  It's frustrating having the turrets set up like an IJN DD with only one turret in front and two back.  I've also been annoyed at eating citadels through the bow despite angling against BBs.

[X-PN]
Beta Testers
792 posts
13,519 battles

wz6Oqkn.jpg

c7TdIwA.jpg

Great games! Makes me feel like I'm not worthy enough to have a Hindy in my port... :(

[SALVO]
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

130k away from the Hindy.

Roon I have set up as an HE monster...set fires at the start of the match then close in for the pillage and plunder.

The krieg is so real on that boat....

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Even though I got the Hindenburg, I kept the Roon. She's a solid ship. Still learning the Hindenburg. Big skill roof. Not quite as bad as Des Moines though.

But one bad thing, the HE/Fire ability is a lot weaker on Hindenburg compared to Roon.

[SALVO]
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Even though I got the Hindenburg, I kept the Roon. She's a solid ship. Still learning the Hindenburg. Big skill roof. Not quite as bad as Des Moines though.

But one bad thing, the HE/Fire ability is a lot weaker on Hindenburg compared to Roon.

Really? I may need to respec my captain for it then. 

[H8TED]
Beta Testers
243 posts
25,606 battles

Zao and Hindy are both great though I am more partial to the lower tiers than to T 10

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Really? I may need to respec my captain for it then. 

Yep, lower fire chance and IIRC(don't quote me on it) but I think the HE damage is a bit lower. Not thrilled with the HE performance. Roon was far better at it.

Though the AP broadside, Hindenburg far outstrips the Roon.

Sign in to follow this