You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Ichase's new video on the Hood

23 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I'm not gonna watch that. I unsubbed from him because he kept [edited]about how "bad" the hood was. It wasn't really all that bad. At least not nearly as everyone else was making it out to be.

I unsubbed from Notser and Zoup for the very same reasons in fact. I'm sorry, but these CC seriously have something wrong with them with all their [edited]and moaning. It gets really old after a while.

Regardless, I'm buying Hood even if she was complete trash. Shes the Hood, and thats all the reason I need.

[NUWES]
Members
3,848 posts
15,809 battles

I disagree. Buffing Hood to tier 8 is silly. That just exacerbates the problem. The devs then have to turn her into some sort of Frankenstein-ship so that she can compete. Buff her rate of fire a bit and maybe her turret traverse a bit. She doesn't have to be power-crept to the top of the heap. She just has to be competitive and worth playing.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

I've spoken to Ichase in the past, he's a good guy...but when I watched him play vs Flamu play the hood it was like night and day. 

[NSF]
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

I already have one slightly mediocre battleship premium with a stupid gimmick (Mustu torpedoes), why would I want another when Warspite has been around for literal years.

Members
2,039 posts
14,276 battles

I'm not gonna watch that. I unsubbed from him because he kept [edited]about how "bad" the hood was. It wasn't really all that bad. At least not nearly as everyone else was making it out to be.

I unsubbed from Notser and Zoup for the very same reasons in fact. I'm sorry, but these CC seriously have something wrong with them with all their [edited]and moaning. It gets really old after a while.

Regardless, I'm buying Hood even if she was complete trash. Shes the Hood, and thats all the reason I need.

you unsubscribe from him because he said a ship just entering testing was "bad"?  It should be bad, they just started testing Hood....

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,345 posts
9,634 battles

The video is out of date.  It predates the datamined changes.

Members
807 posts
7,069 battles

Hood's DFAA is getting changed to only affect the rocket AA guns, but it lasts for 60 seconds and the base DPS of the rockets go up to 1250 while it's active. So you can't really protect your teammates with this ship, but at least you'll be immune to dive bombers.

The AP shell fuse times and autobounce threshold are also getting buffed so it over-pens less against cruisers and superstructures. Apparently the Royal Navy flavor is to be as gimmicky as possible.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

you unsubscribe from him because he said a ship just entering testing was "bad"?  It should be bad, they just started testing Hood....

No, I unsubbed because he kept calling it horrific and bad, and just plain garbage, EVEN THOUGH its still in testing. And this isn't the first time CCs have done this to a ship that in fact, isn't all that bad. Sometimes, the ship is even pretty decent.

I can see the pattern now. They look at the stats, see that it isn't OP or that it has a few issues, and BOOM, the ship is instantly garbage and they trash from hell and back. It gets old, REAL damn quick.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

No, I unsubbed because he kept calling it horrific and bad, and just plain garbage, EVEN THOUGH its still in testing. And this isn't the first time CCs have done this to a ship that in fact, isn't all that bad. Sometimes, the ship is even pretty decent.

I can see the pattern now. They look at the stats, see that it isn't OP or that it has a few issues, and BOOM, the ship is instantly garbage and they trash from hell and back. It gets old, REAL damn quick.

I do remember what they were saying about Scharnhorst and look at her now. They were claiming doom and gloom due to the 11" guns.

[NSF]
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

People get hilariously worked up over those youtube videos.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

It's what they are supposed to do.  if a ship is bad, it's not OK for them to say it's bad just because it's the Hood.  That is /not/ OK.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

One problem I have is that they tend to exaggerate the issues.  They normally make some good and important points,  but they go from "This is bad." to "THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD." and it kinda gets old hearing them complain about it.  It is extremely important that they test these things and suss out the issues,  I just wish they'd be a bit less dramatic about it.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

Good is opinion;

opinion is based on enjoyment,

enjoyment is based on playstyle vs ship capabilities.

One Community Contributor says a ship is great;

another doesn't like it a bit.

Is one right and one wrong?

No,

just different playstyles.

Find the YouTube contributor whose opinions are as close to yours as you can get,

chances are his style matches yours,

and his get better videos will help you more than other contributors will,

because you both play alike.

Like everything else, everyone IS different ...

• Cool 1

Members
70 posts
2,433 battles

i find it funny too when the topic of pay to win has been coming up more recently and now we see a ship that is average and its no good and dont buy it.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

This is genuinely one of the stupidest balancing ideas I've ever seen.

Aside from the AA change the buffed rudder shift, heal & shorter AP fusing time sound like they should provide the required buff.

Edited by hoom

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

One problem I have is that they tend to exaggerate the issues.  They normally make some good and important points,  but they go from "This is bad." to "THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD." and it kinda gets old hearing them complain about it.  It is extremely important that they test these things and suss out the issues,  I just wish they'd be a bit less dramatic about it.

Except they don't really.  Honestly, the CC's are usually apologists.  I'm GLAD to see them take a stand about things, otherwise, we'll be handed ships that are not fun to play.  The simple fact is, that nobody listens to calm, collected feedback, and imo that includes WG.  You almost have to be angry for people to listen to you.

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

You almost have to be angry for people to listen to you.

:\ my customer service department just keeps your recording for [edited]and giggles if you start to mouth off..... To each their own I guess...

I've always been of the opinion that calm and constructive wins the day, but maybe that's just me being Canadian...

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Except they don't really.  Honestly, the CC's are usually apologists.  I'm GLAD to see them take a stand about things, otherwise, we'll be handed ships that are not fun to play.  The simple fact is, that nobody listens to calm, collected feedback, and imo that includes WG.  You almost have to be angry for people to listen to you.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease,  I suppose.

-Members-
1,187 posts
26,928 battles

:\ my customer service department just keeps your recording for [edited]and giggles if you start to mouth off..... To each their own I guess...

I've always been of the opinion that calm and constructive wins the day, but maybe that's just me being Canadian...

​It ALWAYS wins the day.  Angry and degrading gets you nowhere real fast.

Members
217 posts
6,801 battles

Chase is a twit who isn't exactly a good source of knowledge for experienced players. Admittedly, his captain's academy series is excellent and is something that all newcomers should watch. However, some of his conclusions are downright nonsense, with this being a perfect example. 

• Cool 1

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

The tier 8 idea is bad all around.  Can it work ?  Sure.  But that's not what Hood fans want.

If you guys really want an AA platform BB at Tier8 ask WG to make one fro the MANY paper design that never seen the day.

If you want a T8 BB you just got on with the Alabama.  But feel free to ask WG for a premium T8 IJN/RU/FR BB if you want another T8.

Most wanted Hood to have WarSpite Sigma, repairs and DCs.  Maybe with better fire resistance to be a real cruiser killer (after seeing it's 1.0 version last week)

Not asking for much.

Buying her anyways.  It's been a while since I really played WoWS in any invested manner and Hood is looking fun regardless.

Edited by Francois424