You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CraftsyDad

Italian Duca D'Aosta - Really Disappointed

78 comments in this topic

Members
122 posts
4,564 battles

Boy do I have buyers remorse. This ship sucks plain and simple. Lackluster guns, extremely slow turret traverse speed, good maneuverability but not enough to dodge those BB salvos which are sure to come cause your made out of paper thin armor. HE shells that couldn't even penetrate an angled CV. The torps are the only thing I like on this ship. 12km range which is great but they are dead slow. Still I have managed to hit a few ships at extreme range.

Utterly disappointed with this PREMIUM ships, WG - I will be thinking twice about buying any more premium ships if you turn out crap like this. When I pay my money for a premium ship I expect something unique. This really is a POS.

Edited by colm_saunders
  • Cool 2

[ARMDA]
Members
8,998 posts
4,209 battles

Maybe it's your playstyle. Did you not watch vids about her? Don't blame WG for ships you can't play in...

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Duck1_zpsr2ikf6fq.jpg

I provide this as evidence that the ship is capable of doing extremely well. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,274 battles

cakqr1h.png?1

Huh, it's almost as if Wargaming was highlighting the various aspects of the ship. 

Almost as if they were warning people that she has strengths and weaknesses...

Almost as if they were saying that the ship isn't for everyone—like any other premium....

• Cool 3

[SSN]
Supertester
1,231 posts
6,991 battles

Boy do I have buyers remorse. This ship sucks plain and simple. Lackluster guns, extremely slow turret traverse speed, good maneuverability but not enough to dodge everything. HE shells that couldn't even penetrate an angled CV. The torps are the only thing I like on this ship. 12km range which is great but they are dead slow. Still I have managed to hit a few ships at extreme range.

Utterly disappointed with the PREMIUM purchase. WG - I will be thinking twice about buy anymore premium ships if you turn out crap ships like this

I don't have any issues with it.  Must be how you're playing it.  Well if you don't by anymore, well, that's more for us

Members
10,914 posts
2,570 battles

Utterly disappointed with this PREMIUM ships, WG - I will be thinking twice about buy anymore premium ships if you turn out crap ships like this. Whwn I pay my money for a premium ship I expect something unique. This really is a POS ship.

I'm not going to blame your playstyle or skill for you hating the ship, I have ships that I perform poorly in as well, simply because I dislike them. However, I will suggest you read/watch reviews on a premium ship before buying it, just to determine whether or not you'll actually enjoy playing the ship.
  • Cool 1

Members
1,249 posts
6,843 battles

Maybe it's your playstyle. Did you not watch vids about her? Don't blame WG for ships you can't play in...

And maybe it's just the ultra stupid WG game mechanics. Not in the Duca, but was playing my Molotov (which I have a good win rate in, by the way) today, when 2 rounds from an Alabama took all but 2,000 hp from me. That's over 26,000 hp with just 2 rounds. Another 2 rounds from a Geisenau and I was under water. Game over.

I had good angles both instances, but it just doesn't matter. Something has to give and I don't want to hear this "git gud" crap from a bunch of trolls. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,205 posts

I have also decided not to buy anything.

until the Hood comes out.

Members
122 posts
4,564 battles

I can blame WG all I want - its my opinion.

I did watch reviews but I wasn't prepared for this level of mediocrity.  I find her extremely difficult to dish out damage in. How that one guy got 136k damage I'll never know - would be interested to see the states compared to other cruisers in her tier. Anybody got access to that?

[R-F1]
Members
1,657 posts
15,596 battles

I perform well in it, but it is a garbage ship. And Dingbat, good for you. That is the height of dumb arguments providing a single screen shot that is somehow supposed to prove this ship isn't garbage. Maybe you just got lucky with enemy potatoes?

I am a good cruiser player, and this ship is horrible. I submitted a ticket to try and get a refund it is that bad.

• Cool 2

Members
122 posts
4,564 battles

Duck1_zpsr2ikf6fq.jpg

I provide this as evidence that the ship is capable of doing extremely well. 

136k damage: I suspect this level of damage is for 0.001% of people who sail her

Members
122 posts
4,564 battles

I perform well in it, but it is a garbage ship. And Dingbat, good for you. That is the height of dumb arguments providing a single screen shot that is somehow supposed to prove this ship isn't garbage. Maybe you just got lucky with enemy potatoes?

I am a good cruiser player, and this ship is horrible. I submitted a ticket to try and get a refund it is that bad.

man I'd love my money back. I shouldve gotten the Perth - at least that ships has a great history.

Members
155 posts
3,422 battles

I've been trying really hard to like this ship since it was my friend's b-day gift to me. And it's objectively not a terrible ship or even mediocre. It's just not the best ship for me, so I totally understand the sentiment (I understand your opinion on buyer's remorse from other things). But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make it click at my skill level.

It's just like...

5VMaSn8.jpg

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

A not OP premium? Yes please WG, more of these.

Stop complaining that this ship isn't p2w. People are doing fine, but no, it's not the Belfast.

54% WR is within reason, behind the Leander and Graf Spee, but ahead of everything else.

Edited by ckupf

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,595 posts
12,398 battles

Going to fall on the  classic "its the player not the ship's fault" line here. If you were smart, you should've done your research and watched videos that I-chase, NoZoupforyou and Noster put out on upcoming premium ships. These guys do a pretty good job giving overviews for the ships and will even make update videos if things change on the ship!:read_fish:

[R-F1]
Members
1,657 posts
15,596 battles

I don't want it to be p2w. I want it to be competitive. And landing 6 penetrations of IFHE for 600hp damage on a non-saturated target is not competitive.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,205 posts

Currently the ONLY Italian ship.  More will follow.

Grinding your captains now will give you a head start later.

And with the Spotter mod 1, this thing is fantastic.

Members
155 posts
3,422 battles

Like I said. I couldnt get HE shells to score damage on an angles CV. Thats crap

Angles don't matter for HE. You either weren't hitting him, or were hitting an armor belt for shatters.

What CV was it?

• Cool 2

Members
122 posts
4,564 battles

Currently the ONLY Italian ship.  More will follow.

Grinding your captains now will give you a head start later.

And with the Spotter mod 1, this thing is fantastic.

This is true and I would love the Roma

Members
122 posts
4,564 battles

Angles don't matter for HE. You either weren't hitting him, or were hitting an armor belt for shatters.

What CV was it?

Independence. I've never had shells not do damage to a CV. This was a first

Members
122 posts
4,564 battles

I think I had 56 shell hits for like 12k in damage. Wish I had screen shotted it. I was aghast at how little damage I had done

Members
155 posts
3,422 battles

Independence. I've never had shells not do damage to a CV. This was a first

So, the Independence has a 16mm torpedo bulge on top of the 13mm of hangar armor. And if you hit the waterline after getting past the bulge, you'd hit the 127mm citadel belt, which you'd never pierce with HE.

That could do it :read_fish:

Other than that, yeah, I got nothing

Members
122 posts
4,564 battles

cakqr1h.png?1

Huh, it's almost as if Wargaming was highlighting the various aspects of the ship. 

Almost as if they were warning people that she has strengths and weaknesses...

Almost as if they were saying that the ship isn't for everyone—like any other premium....

like any other premium? really?

Of course every ship has its strength and weakness. Just like higher tier US CVs that have ridiculous weaknesses when compared to IJN CVs. You must admit that some ships have more strengths than others. 

But I would agree with someone elses comments that it would be nice if Premium ships were not too OP.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,274 battles

like any other premium? really?

Of course every ship has its strength and weakness. Just like higher tier US CVs that have ridiculous weaknesses when compared to IJN CVs. You must admit that some ships have more strengths than others. 

But I would agree with someone elses comments that it would be nice if Premium ships were not too OP.

No, I simply meant that there are premiums that don't fit some's playstyles. Like the Atlanta, for example.