You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xLeadSledx

SUPER secondary guns

16 comments in this topic

Members
222 posts
36,094 battles

Takao with 35000 hp 1vs 1 Bismark secondary guns destroyed my ship in less then it took to the Bismark to reload and fire a second round.  WG needs to do something about that crap.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Takao with 35000 hp 1vs 1 Bismark secondary guns destroyed my ship in less then it took to the Bismark to reload and fire a second round.  WG needs to do something about that crap.

What were you doing that close to a Bismark to begin with? :amazed:
  • Cool 4

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,553 battles

DON'T get within 10km of a Bismarck,problem solved!

Awiggin you beat me to it!

Edited by BanditSE1977

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

This. You should've never been that close to a Bismarck in the first place.

All this comes down to is operator error. Why would you even get that close to a Bismarck anyways? And dont sit here and say you were trying to torp him.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Everything the guys above me said. Why where you that close to a Bismarck?

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

Because I don't know game mechanics and I decided to come here and show my butt cheeks to everyone.   :trollface:

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,553 battles

Because I don't know game mechanics and I decided to come here and show my butt cheeks to everyone.   :trollface:

LOL! Troll award of the week to you!  :D

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

I suspect you were going for a torpedo run. I agree they're a bit ludicrous, but it's part of the game, for now. 

If you're going for a torpedo run, come from behind an island at top speed (destroyer like), and go nose in. Use only your front torpedo tube until you can outrun his guns (close range), and then due to the rear arc you can steam by and torpedo him on the run. Though I should warn that his AP secondaries will hurt on the close pass.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

Its funny.  When a ship has a strength to offset it weaknesses... players with NO awareness of the game cry that the strength needs to be nerfed.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Gonna call bull on this.  Not saying the Bismarck's secondaries aren't good,  by far the best at T8,  but your implication is that they killed you in under thirty seconds.  Were you...under 5km and pacing him?  And even then I can't see them working through 35,000 hitpoints in thirty seconds.  I feel like you're only telling us a small fraction of the story and leaving out the part where you were either A.  doing something stupid or B. had other people firing on you or other factors affecting the actual outcome.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

Gonna call bull on this.  Not saying the Bismarck's secondaries aren't good,  by far the best at T8,  but your implication is that they killed you in under thirty seconds.  Were you...under 5km and pacing him?  And even then I can't see them working through 35,000 hitpoints in thirty seconds.  I feel like you're only telling us a small fraction of the story and leaving out the part where you were either A.  doing something stupid or B. had other people firing on you or other factors affecting the actual outcome.

Might have taken almost a minute, depending on if the Bismark needed to finish reloading before firing the first salvo.

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

You got that close to a bismark in a Takao/Atago.... tell me you at least torped the crap out of him :\

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,434 battles

I'm not sure how the Bismarck's secondaries could kill a fresh Atago in 30 seconds. They're not AP, IIRC.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Don't encourage him more http://i.imgur.com/Wyjq5Qy.png

But yeah, OP.... You've got 15km guns. Why the hell would you try to get within 10km of a BB for? And the secondaries wouln't kill you right away. It'd take 1-2 minutes to do work on you. Plenty of time to either yolo torp the Bismarck, or just kite away with your superior speed and shoot HE backwards.... :facepalm: