Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lillehuntrix

WOWS one-year anniversary

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

If you look over to the left, you will see that today is my one-year anniversary of playing World of Warships.  So I thought I would make a post to, I don't know, celebrate?

The day did not start well.  What did I get myself for my anniversary?  I got myself pink, that's what - for the third time in my career, the other two being early indiscretions in destroyers.  Let's just say that while the Duca d'Aosta's torps are slow and long ranged and can sneak up on people, among the people they can sneak up on are your own DDs.  Slow torps plus fast Leningrad - I didn't see his potential to be there, but there he was.  Tried to warn, apologized afterwards; the Leningrad player was quite a mensch about it.  We won; somehow I was on top of the xp board (with a TK, seriously?).  Served my penance in coop and was 7 for 9 throughout the day in randoms, which is a pretty good day for me. So the end was better.

I had never played another multiperson. online game, and was attracted after stumbling across a Youtube video while searching for something else.  It was the aesthetics of the ballistics that attracted me.  With 2465 random games, never divisioned, I'm currently hovering at around 51% WR.  But really my career has two phases.  I came out fast, without any idea what I was doing (seriously, the first time I scored a citadel, I didn't know what it was), and racked up about 1200 games by August 2016 with a WR that bottomed just below 47%.  I've been trying to climb my way back up since then.  My second (roughly) 1200 games I have played much more slowly and sparingly - nine random/ranked games in a day, like today, is a lot for me.  I do try to play with focus, and my supplies of focus are not unlimited.  (For about the last seven months, I've also started to play a decent amount of coop - to grind, retrain, warm up, or simply when I want to play and don't have the mental energy for randoms.)

In terms of ship lines, I've unlocked two tier 9s (Baltimore and Donskoi; waiting for a sale to buy the latter) and gotten a T9 Tashkent with the split.  I'm at T7 with battleships, T7/6 with IJN DDs, and have Benson unlocked.  Just over 50% of my games are in cruisers, followed by DDs and BBs.  I don't play CVs (beyond Langley in coop when there is a mission), but other than that try to play everything.

That said, I haven't adjusted to high tiers sufficiently yet.  Through 10 games, Baltimore has been, to be charitable, a struggle.  I also want to get back into BB play but have found Colorado tedious.  In the short term, I'd like to resolve these problems.

Anyway, thanks for reading, if anyone has.  It is a milestone, and I thought I'd mark it.  Thanks, WG, for a (generally) excellent game (grumble grumble stealth fire sledgehammer nerf grumble), and thanks to the Forum for being (generally) helpful.

• Cool 5

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Congratulations on your year! Hopefully year two will be even better for you.

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,282 battles

I had never played another multiperson. online game

Cool!  I think it's neat that there are games like this that appeal to people who have never really been into multiplayer games (or any games) before.  You're doing very well for your relative lack of gaming experience.  Congrats on one year, and keep having fun.

[-SKI-]
Members
323 posts
14,779 battles

Congrats!

Coming up on one year myself, probably around June. (I managed to miss Military Appreciation Month in WOWS). Started playing WOT last February or so after my COD2 clan/server finally fell apart. Yes, COD 2! So haven't done a lot of other games online, and don't have time to try a lot either. Been fun and been a steady improvement.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Congrats!

Coming up on one year myself, probably around June. (I managed to miss Military Appreciation Month in WOWS). Started playing WOT last February or so after my COD2 clan/server finally fell apart. Yes, COD 2! So haven't done a lot of other games online, and don't have time to try a lot either. Been fun and been a steady improvement.

Ah CoD 2, I kept playing on the zombie mod servers up until around 2012, those were a blast back in the day.

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

I think I hit two years either in April or May, can't remember exactly when I started on the beta test.  May not be on much longer though.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Thanks all!

@Cheerios (all the e's blend together) - yes, I lucked into Military Appreciation Month and the 5/5/5 flag my first full month playing.  I can't remember what the requirements for that were, but they can't have been too steep.

Sign in to follow this