Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
needlenoses4

Newbie Selling Unwanted Ships

10 comments in this topic

[K0]
Members
132 posts
14,214 battles

So, I an up to buying tier IV ships now to try them out.  I have a ways to go to figure out the proper use of Torpedoes, but having fun.

I want to free up more slots by dumping the Hermelin and the Bouganville  but the screen is telling me that I have to PAY GOLD to do so.

I just want to dump then, not spend money.  Usually I get money back when I sell.  What gives with this.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

The only time you should have to pay doubloons to sell a ship is when the ship has upgrades that need to be demounted. If that's the case, there should be a drop-down arrow letting you choose to destroy the upgrades, instead of demounting them, removing the doubloon cost.

• Cool 3

[O_O]
Members
7,886 posts
22,012 battles

Right click on the ship in your port carousel.  It should open an option to 'sell'. 

[ML-S]
Members
362 posts
6,220 battles

You have to select the "sell" option on the modules as they are unable to be demounted without gold.  This is where your gold cost is most likely coming from.

Edit: dang, I was way too slow

Edited by Horama

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

It's telling you that because you have equipment on those ships. In order to demount equipment, you have to pay gold. However, you do have the option of selling the equipment along with the ship. If you want to do that, click the downwards-facing arrow next to the word "Demount" and replace "Demount" with "Sell".

Members
2,136 posts
5,764 battles

Also, I wouldn't really be putting on those upgrades until Tier 4 or 5 since you will be going through the lower tiers pretty quickly and most of the upgrades at that level do not help much.

[K0]
Members
132 posts
14,214 battles

Yes, I learned the hard way to NOT FIRE TORPEDOES BEHIND FRIENDLY  SHIPS even though the boat in question had passed well to port.  I will look into the suggestion here about demounting.  And I did find out that the upgrades on tier 1 and tier 2 ships were next to useless.  But, nobody died.

Thanks and will let you know what I find out.

[K0]
Members
132 posts
14,214 battles

Many thanks; managed to demount and sell the four ships I didn't want. Kept one tier 1 ship just for fun. Now gotta remember to see if I want any of the larger ship tied to the one I want to dump, like the IV Karlshuhe which is tied to the Ko;berg.  Research required I know.  Only nee so many ships of any one tier. I have 25 008 335 credits plus45 324 convert XP available which will help a bit down the road.

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
3,945 battles

Yep, save the credits for high tier ships. Also, quick tip, don't spend free XP on little things like the last 2000xp for another ship. Save it. Hoard the stuff and you'll eventually build little stockpiles perfect for skipping ships you hate or unlocking the modules straightaway on brand new ships.

Sign in to follow this