You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

BBs do too much dmg to DDs

101 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

DDs take way too much dmg from BBs

why is it possible for my DD to take a 12k salvo from a BB thats ridiculous

between the huge dmg from primary guns and the insane secondaries  BBs have does DDs even counter BBs anymore

dmg taken should be limited to no more than 25% of the DD's hp per salvo, that way BBs can not one shot kill the ship class that supposed to counter it!!!!!1!

WG stop pandering to BBs and make classes balanced again!!!

• Cool 1

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

between the huge dmg from primary guns and the insane secondaries  BBs have does DDs even counter BBs anymore

dmg taken should be limited to no more than 25% of the DD's hp per salvo, that way BBs can not one shot kill the ship class that supposed to counter it!!!!!1!

BB shots seem heavily assisted.

I can have 75% of health taken in one salvo from a max range BB while I'm ducking and dodging.

None bow or stern shots.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 5

Members
76 posts
2,341 battles

I can have 75% of health taken in one salvo from a max range BB while I'm ducking and dodging.

None bow or stern shots.

BB's have some of the absolute worst dispersion and sigma values in the game. 

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

BB's have some of the absolute worst dispersion and sigma values in the game. 

And yet, they hit as stated above.

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,073 posts
14,295 battles

This makes me chuckle a bit... DD's can one shot a BB easily if the BB isn't paying attn, so why should a BB not be able to one shot a DD if it's not paying attn?

• Cool 15

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

And yet, they hit as stated above.

Sorry, but rules are rules.  Replay or it didn't happen.

Although the higher tier KM BB's no-skill-secondaries are foolish.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

You're basically saying you want all your BB kills to be super easy, where the BB has no ability to fight back against you at all and defend himself, while you can launch a single torp salvo and pretty one hit K/O that same BB? Cause thats what I'm hearing.

You need to be slapped upside the head. With a car.

• Cool 5

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,023 posts

None bow or stern shots.

yea.

i'm calling [edited]on you on this.

bb ap shells almost always overpen destroyers, so even with low health destroyers you are looking at requiring a minimum of 9 hits to get that 75% figure.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Take a Bismarck for example (from da web): 

Maximum range:    35,550 meters at 30° = 38,880 yards at 30°
Muzzle velocity:    820 meters/second = 2,690 feet/second
Shell weight:    800 kg = 1,764 lbs

You got almost 1800 POUNDS of shell coming down on you at initially TWO THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED, NINETY FEET PER SECOND. 

You're lucky your DD does not get cut in half purely by the kinetic energy in such a round. 

• Cool 2

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

I don't think I've ever managed to lose 5-digit amounts of HP from a single BB salvo in a DD. The BB player had to have gotten insanely lucky to pull that off, with either about 8-10 overpens (and who even manages to land 10 shots in a single salvo with any level of consistency?) or about 3-4 normal pens (getting 1 is already somewhat insane, but 3-4 is basically part of a deal with the devil).

Exaggerations just make it harder to take the point seriously.

Edited by Rion12
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

Take a Bismarck for example (from da web): 

Maximum range:    35,550 meters at 30° = 38,880 yards at 30°
Muzzle velocity:    820 meters/second = 2,690 feet/second
Shell weight:    800 kg = 1,764 lbs

You got almost 1800 POUNDS of shell coming down on you at initially TWO THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED, NINETY FEET PER SECOND. 

You're lucky your DD does not get cut in half purely by the kinetic energy in such a round. 

But then again, the Fuso sank from as single ship-launched torpedo.  So...this game would be less interesting if ships got crushed from the first hit.
Edited by Sventex

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

None bow or stern shots.

2800 DD games and this has never happened to me. BBs can be devastating if they hit a penetrating shot length wise, but they never hit more than 1 at long ranges, dispersion is just too massive.

[CAFE]
Members
394 posts
11,074 battles

Most of the time when shooting at DDs at range I get 1-4K salvos (1-3 over pens and an odd regular pen). Sometimes the stars align and there are multiple regular pens, but that is rare at range. At close range-let's say

Edited by Neltak

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

None bow or stern shots.

do you even play battleships? You always remember that one super bad event and forget the 80% of the time where you take one shell or even less due to RNG spread going F YOU to the battleship. 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

why is it possible for my DD to take a 12k salvo from a BB 

Let me know who the players are that do this to you on a regular basis.

I want to be able to do this.

• Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
3,945 battles

The last two destroyers I deleted were a Yugumo and a Ognevoi. The Yugumo I got lucky and detonated with a hit from my secondaries in my Iowa. The Ognevoi tried to YOLO me in my Alabama, when he started turning to drop torps at 4.5km I threw a full barrage in his face and got 2 regular pens plus 5 overpens for a nice deletion.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,628 battles

I don't think I've ever managed to lose 5-digit amounts of HP from a single BB salvo in a DD. The BB player had to have gotten insanely lucky to pull that off, with either about 8-10 overpens (and who even manages to land 10 shots in a single salvo with any level of consistency?) or about 3-4 normal pens (getting 1 is already somewhat insane, but 3-4 is basically part of a deal with the devil).

Exaggerations just make it harder to take the point seriously.

No no, you got that backwards, exaggerations let you know how serious the issue really is!

For example; Last game my Iowa was set on fire eleventy-hundred times and took over 400k fire damage! Cruiser nerf plz?!

No seriously, it's true!

Spoiler

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

do you even play battleships? 

4-5% of the time, yes lol. In contrast, Kamikaze R gets played over 20% of the time....

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

If you're taking massive damage from a BB in a DD, you've done screwed up. All there is to it.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

So is this supposed to be some sort of counterbalance for polluting the forum with this cancer from a few months ago?

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/113392-this-new-captain-skills-is-a-huge-buff-for-dds-and-cruisers-bbs-almost-unplayable/

Edited by TenguBlade