Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Talos3567

Duca D'Acosta

20 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts

Hi,

I just wanted to know if I missed something, but I purchased the premium ship, but the captain had 0/0 points. I thought if you purchased a premium, a captain started with 10 points.

Thank you.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Nope you didn't miss anything.  Premium ships tend to come with 0 point commanders, only in special cases do you get one with some points.

Now, what you /can/ do, is dismiss that captain and recruit a new one.  For a certain amount of silver, you can get 1 point, or if you have some doubloons, you can buy a 3 point captain.  I will often times do that so I am starting out with at least a level 1 skill.  Am I saving very much?  No not really a few games will get those points, but I personally prefer to start off with a skill point or two.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

God a 10 point skipper. That would be awesome. Right now at 6. Least I finally got DE. Probably going for IEHE since the HE is anemic at best.

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Nope you didn't miss anything.  Premium ships tend to come with 0 point commanders, only in special cases do you get one with some points.

Now, what you /can/ do, is dismiss that captain and recruit a new one.  For a certain amount of silver, you can get 1 point, or if you have some doubloons, you can buy a 3 point captain.  I will often times do that so I am starting out with at least a level 1 skill.  Am I saving very much?  No not really a few games will get those points, but I personally prefer to start off with a skill point or two.

Or you can just throw on a Restless fire, dragon and captain XP  signal and get 4 points off the bat.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

There is an event right now for the Duca (I think it runs for the next couple of days) that will yield extra Captain XP. I was able to grind out a 10 point captain in an evening by using some Dragon Flags and Zulu Hotel signals (I think, whichever one grants an extra 50% Captain XP). 

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

You only get a 10 point captain with ships that drop from ingame containers (super or Christmas). Every premium ship you buy in the shop comes with a 0 point captain. I kicked him, got a 3 point for a few gold and used up some of my 1 mio commander XP I have to bring him to 10 points.

Edited by Erebthoron

Members
64 posts

As always, I really appreciate the input on this question. Except for a few instances, everyone on these boards are really helpful and I really appreciate the helpful responses. I guess I will start grinding out he Captain. Have fun everyone and thank you again.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

Took me 25 games to get to 10 points.

Get to work.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

Or you can just throw on a Restless fire, dragon and captain XP  signal and get 4 points off the bat.

I have none of those things, though.

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

I have none of those things, though.

We'll then you do it the good old fashioned way.

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

32 battles, 7 points so far.

I think 5 and I have 6.

ST flag, Dragon, Hotel Zulu, Restless fire plus the event. I'm averaging like 18-22,000 XP per win.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,467 battles

I spent 1753 gold and 183k free exp to get her to 10 point.

PT 

AR 

DE 

IF HE

She is doing just fine.

Edited by dEsTurbed1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

After you play a game with nothing...

I'm currently rolling with a 12 pointer, I dumped all of my elite exp into him when I started him.

Sign in to follow this