You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

This weekend is extra bad

36 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

dy31W5E.jpg

wqctMJ4.jpg

Game lost on points before I could even do anything, the team died that fast.

OQklr7a.png

Seriously, so much one-sidedness today. Ridiculous. No matter how well I play, it's just a god damn steam roll. And the one game I did win was also a god damn steam roll against the enemy. Zero fun on either side.

This sure f***ed up my weekend mood.

Members
38 posts
2,322 battles

Try booze for a mood lift. Also that Mejash vid comes to mind of a 3min X game and Arron's weekend warrior vid.

Also, carry harder

Members
1,002 posts
4,096 battles

See, wows is slowly turning into wot for that very reason. Matches ending faster than they did late last year & becoming more common regardless of tier. That crap makes me play less & less, not more.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Yeah, it's always a pretty epic facepalm moment when I have a bad game, but end up topping the scoreboard for my side. Only one more day until the weekend is over, at least! :playing:

Members
280 posts
18,214 battles

And this is why WG needs to consider stats and skill of player IN THE SHIP THEY ARE IN when dividing up the teams in Random. I just lost another myself. I check the stats of players on my team. No one had even marginally good stats until you got to the Top 4 players on the scoreboard. Even our CV who had great stats overall had HORRIBLE stats in CV's with only 30 battles total. Meaning he is just learning CV's. And of course this was not the case for the other team. They had way more players with at least decent stats in the ship they were playing. 

Edited by DeathDealer32G
  • Cool 1

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

Try booze for a mood lift. Also that Mejash vid comes to mind of a 3min X game and Arron's weekend warrior vid.

Also, carry harder

Couldn't  drink so much that I feel comfortable with this weekend. Alcohol poisening isn't a option and I need to be at work sunday morning at 6. One of these days don't care what you choose you always end up in the wrong team. Low point was a T9 cruiser that sailed at the start of the match through the channel at two brothers and got instadeleted by the enemy.
Edited by Erebthoron

[O_O]
Members
7,900 posts
22,127 battles

I have only played one game today.  It wasn't a landslide (yay?), but this happened:

Gneisenau%20loss%20042917%20personal_zps1eyg82bo.jpg

Gneisenau%20loss%20042917%20team_zpsbbbcygln.jpg

It was on Two Brothers.  I went to the right for D.  Most of my team and most of the other team went for the opposite cap.  After we defeated the resistance and capped D, I saw our team had gotten rolled on the other side and we were about to lose our cap at spawn.  So, I stopped and turned around in an attempt to stop the enemy roll.  That's when one of my dead comrades lamented that the "people hiding at D cost us the game".  Errrr...exsqueeze me?

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,234 battles

And this is why WG needs to consider stats and skill of player IN THE SHIP THEY ARE IN when dividing up the teams in Random. I just lost another myself. I check the stats of players on my team. No one had even marginally good stats until you got to the Top 4 players on the scoreboard. Even our CV who had great stats overall had HORRIBLE stats in CV's with only 30 battles total. Meaning he is just learning CV's. And of course this was not the case for the other team. They had way more players with at least decent stats in the ship they were playing. 

yes.

I regularly place in the top 3 on my defeated teams with under average damage, ship kills and rarely survive. this in turn negatively effects WTR, which in turn generates more troll responses to every suggestion I post. and it will for anyone that suggests it, as the unicum players won't until their win rates drop as well.

suggested MM include some element of player skill months ago with just over 1k battles, again with just over 2k battles, and the troll responses were overwhelming. in fact, every time it's been suggested in the forum, it's trolls gone wild.

it would take MM too long, stat shaming, popcorn, sample size too small, git gud, don't want potatoes like you on my team, should not be playing the game, uninstall.

what are the alternatives? it's broken, obviously. the old saying goes 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it. NOT the other way around.

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,234 battles

Oh and don't forget all of the AFK players who seem to be only on my team nearly every game.

​MM is doing a pretty good job of distributing those evenly, which would indicate there are a LOT of AFK stuff happening. to the point where AFKs (or late arrivals, as I like to call them) don't even count anymore unless there are at least 2 TKers on the team as well.

the combination of AFKers, disconnects, TKers and potatoes on the same team is a LOT of fun, and everybody likes this!! but don't allow yourself to think even for a second you're going to get slaughtered, again, fast, and there will be some stank on it.... it could go way worse than that.

but the best is when you get two or more AFK TKers, that starts spouting off in battle chat as soon as they get in game, and shooting at the closest friendly. this is going to go well. don't give up, for sure, the enemy team, which has already had 2 detonation kills compared to your team's zero damage, has the same problems.

get out your troll umbrellas!! first expected troll topics: popcorn, tin foil hats, and conspiracy theory debunkers. it is, after all, you effecting every team you're on. (not)

(ed. note: the worrisome part is when you can't figure out if they are AFK, or just afraid to move, deciding where the best place to run and hide is, or figuring out how to move this thing)

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

7JN0n8k.jpg

And you know what was the worst? We lost with 973 to 850 points, if that AFK would just showed up we would have won this match.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,672 battles

The reason is simple. patch 9.18 is out for WoT and people are trying to figure out which dev team drinks less paint.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

I've been in a few steamroll matches. However, er...I think it's kinda my own fault they ended up that way... 

GG6ytPT.png?1

d400uK0.png?1

The flank I was on routed everything

And there were a few games that would have become steamrolls without...well, me. 

LWUroir.png?1

Yes, I am humble. 

Members
20 posts
3,131 battles

My Fiji cannot escape being on the worst possible mouth-breathing teams out there.

Don't play utility based ships like RN cruisers on weekends.  Your smoke and hydro are wasted.  

Play hard carry ships like long range torpers and BBs that can punish all the broadsides that are given out.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles

Don't play utility based ships like RN cruisers on weekends.  Your smoke and hydro are wasted.  

Play hard carry ships like long range torpers and BBs that can punish all the broadsides that are given out.

It's stupid.  I really don't understand the mindset to hide when the team is in good strength and desperately fighting, only to get picked off alone once everyone else is gone.

Whatever happened to Fight Together or Die Alone?

Edit:  Been real bad today.

rZzcyUW.jpg

Done for today.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
541 posts

Only played two games so far tonight and omg it's awful. Lopsided teams and the games are over so damned fast! I swear people are just W'ing for victory.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Div with me. I went like 14-2 yesterday. Was glorious. 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Uhhh.. Feels bad man. I'm starting to think that weekends are when you need to bring out the tier 10s. Empirically it seems to be working OK if you have a division to play with, whilst lower tier divisions tend to be uptiered and overwhelmed by incompetence of the weekend warriors around you. Sure it'll be frustrating regardless (because who likes T10, no really) but at least you can win more consistently.

[AA-DS]
Members
979 posts

Been my best weekend in a long time-6 games 83.33% WR..killing red DD's early and teamwork is OP. I;m sure tomorrow ill be back to sucking big time again

https://ibb.co/mbT2T5

Edited by murryhawk