Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BURN_Miner

Not all weekend matches are bad

4 comments in this topic

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Been playing it on and off just grinding out some Captain experience on her as she has one of my 19 point Captains (has the original Captain from leveling if I recall correctly). While I've had a 200k game in her once before, it was a long time ago. Even the days of seeing the 150's seem to have slipped my grasp. I chalk this up to my uptick in CA, DD and general ship swapping as back in my proverbial New Mexico "hay day" if you will, I really focused on that ship trying to learn more and more about just that ship. Now days, I pretty much play for fun for as long as my body allows, which isn't too terribly long, but I digress.

So there I was, in my ole trusty New Mex. queued into a blissful, mainly Tier 6 match, with only 1 Tier 5 on our team and 2 on the enemies. Set the cruise control and have some fun. But has anyone had that moment in a game when you start to realize "something" may be happening? lol I started getting this suspicion that I am setting up to have a really good game after getting a 3rd straight citadel on the 3rd straight ship I hit. After the 5th citadel I knew it was going to be a good game as it wasn't even the 10 minute mark.

The game was close though as we behind at one point and almost lost. We didn't turn it around until the closing minutes of the match. It was well played on both sides and a very enjoyable match. Funny thing is, I would be saying the same thing about the enjoyment part had I lost as well. The match was truly enjoyable.

k93aIoV.jpg

tdw97H4.jpg

Gks78Ih.jpg

TBcYG00.jpg

Replay is here

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

Lol this is a exactly why good players take the risk of playing on weekends and other bad times is to get battles like that, otherwise people would just avoid playing the weekend.

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Lol this is a exactly why good players take the risk of playing on weekends and other bad times is to get battles like that, otherwise people would just avoid playing the weekend.

meh, honestly I've only taken a break from the weekends once for a short stint due to frustration. Posted about it a long time ago, not in a rant form or anything, but posted about it asking if anyone else had noticed.

lol I'm as casual as they come with regards to this game man. You win some, you lose some, but in the end, it's still a game. Besides, at this point I think it would take about 40 or so losses, with no wins to move my win rate 1%. On top of that, I've hit my wall, which is ok by me. I've been as high as around 57.45% or so and I bottom out at around where I'm at now. I don't change what I'm doing with regards to ships played, only exceptions being the new ship lines. But if I get frustrated, I stop playing for a bit. Then again, like I said, I can't play as long I used to anyway. lol May seem funny or odd, but even sitting in a computer chair is rough, lack of blood flow and whatnot (that whole pooling effect in the feet, though they change a nice shade of purple). :P

[WOLF5]
Members
864 posts
10,421 battles

Nice work in that battle. It does help out to have a battle like that but for me when it's getting rolled battle after battle is when I take a break out of frustration.

I never could figure out why MM stacks the tomatoes on my team match after match lol.

As you can see in my recent WR it only took 8 battles for me to bail.

Edited by CorradoG60

Sign in to follow this