You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dapmiti

Baltimore? What is it good at?

10 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

Super Heavy AP, Cruisers hate her

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Quick reload on 203's. 

Privateers
728 posts
9,377 battles

Stat padding. Like seriously, the averages for that ship are so low that doing 50k damage on loss is considered unicum by warships.today.

But in seriousness, the Baltimore is my favorite tier 9 at this point, even surpassing the Neptune (which I broke my damage record in).

It can bow tank German BB's and all cruisers. It's great at DD and CA killing. I've two-salvo'd countless British CL's with her. Load AP, pop radar, and ~16 seconds later the enemy team is down a ship and you have an additional 40k damage.

It's also pretty stealthy, given it's size.

And AA is a bonus; personally I never specced for AA, so can't say much there.

The Baltimore is my best ship WTR wise, and is definitely a keeper for me, despite owning a Des Moines, which is technically better in every way.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Stealth, AA, best pen on a t9 cruiser. Decent armor and survivability. It's been buffed so the ROF matches the Roon AND it gets radar.

Check my sig for what it was capable of before radar and ROF buff. She's not a beast, but she's viable.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles

Baltimore's stealth is on the okay side of high tier Cruisers.

Her AA is excellent at all parts, short, medium, and more importantly, long range umbrellas.

Her AP slams super hard.

She has the utility of Radar.

Her shells are a bit floaty for my tastes if you have to engage at the edges of Baltimore's range.  She is not a Sniper Cruiser.  If you want one of those, USN Cruisers are not the line for you and Baltimore is a poor fit of that style.

The ship excels in a shorter range fight.

With her buff a few months ago, her main battery reload time is now competitive.  Of all the Tier VII+ USN Cruiser buffs, the improvement of Baltimore's reload is by far the best one.  Give her Adrenaline Rush and MBM3 she gets nastier and nastier when you're brawling with someone.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway