Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
QuantumEntropy

"nerfed" Khab in 0.6.4.0

37 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Since i took a break from the game or i was rarely playing cause many reasons i heard that Khab was totally nerfed.

So after hearing about the presumed Khab nerf i gave it a try and it went like this.

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/35553-Destroyer_WolfgangZenker-Khabarovsk-Mountain_Range

Counting that i am an avrage player i really don't see what was nerfed :hmm:

Also video replay.

One single question: What nerf?

Worst tier 10 dd after nerfs :ohmy:

Edited by Destroyer_WolfgangZenker

Privateers
728 posts
9,377 battles

Considering how the Khab fights from a range where a rudder shift nerf doesn't make much of a difference, it really ended up as a token nerf. "Here, we're willing to nerf OP Russian CL's DD's!"

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Considering how the Khab fights from a range where a rudder shift nerf doesn't make much of a difference, it really ended up as a token nerf. "Here, we're willing to nerf OP Russian CL's DD's!"

With all the rudder mods it dosen't really matter if you fight at range or not cause the guns hit hard and you have cruiser lvl armor

If they really want to nerf it just lower the alpha/firechance and remove the stupid side plating

The nerf affected it in close combat situations.

Khab was never able to fight for caps so close combat is the normal range where you stick around 7-10km if you aren't a IJN/US

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

It's nerfed for sure, the guys that like double rudder mod are probably just fine.  My rudder is worse than on my Neptune I believe.

All in all, I doubt its effectiveness has been reduced much, and I also bet they will keep hitting it until it's a POS for a while so people will go alt line more and keep the economy stimulated.

Great ship, I tend to push in too far on it and receive too much focus - hard habit to break in all my ships.

Privateers
728 posts
9,377 battles

With all the rudder mods it dosen't really matter if you fight at range or not cause the guns hit hard and you have cruiser lvl armor

If they really want to nerf it just lower the alpha/firechance and remove the stupid side plating

Khab was never able to fight for caps so close combat is the normal range where you stick around 7-10km if you aren't a IJN/US

Yeah, that 50 mm armor is the biggest troll aspect of the ship. HE shatters, but AP from most ships still overpens it. 

If anyone doesn't run double rudder on it, they're doing it wrong. Those ships aren't DD's in the normal sense; they shouldn't be set up like a normal DD.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

It's nerfed for sure, the guys that like double rudder mod are probably just fine.  My rudder is worse than on my Neptune I believe.

All in all, I doubt its effectiveness has been reduced much, and I also bet they will keep hitting it until it's a POS for a while so people will go alt line more and keep the economy stimulated.

Great ship, I tend to push in too far on it and receive too much focus - hard habit to break in all my ships.

I used 1 rudder module + concelment before the nerf and now i use all rudder mods

You don't lose much and you doin't gain much , the ship is the same . Rudder is not the solution to nerf Khab.

Never get spotted first and you will be fine .

Yeah, that 50 mm armor is the biggest troll aspect of the ship. HE shatters, but AP from most ships still overpens it. 

If anyone doesn't run double rudder on it, they're doing it wrong. Those ships aren't DD's in the normal sense; they shouldn't be set up like a normal DD.

Yep. BBs wil deal a lot of dmg but if they can hit you :D

Guilty , I used concelment before the "nerf" and was doing decent . now with full rudder modules it seems the same but you get spotted faster.

The reason on using concelment , some cruisers can outspot you and i didn't want to get ambushed.

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

Take a turret from GK and Monty too?  Cut Shima to two launchers?  Give Yamato weak armor and Moskva short range guns?

Why the heck would anyone still call for nerfs, just adapt ffs.  The hardest to counter will always be teamwork and skilled players, stop calling to water down tools and git gud.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

That is the reason WG gave for the nerf.

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles

Cruisers and BBs hit Khabs much more easily now (even with max rudder shift modules), so the "nerf" is real.

Does that make the Khab unplayable ? No

Does that make it a bad DD ? No

Just need to be a little more cautious

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Considering that every single statistic is going down and Z-52 has the highest win rate of all T10 DDs after the last patch it is safe to conclude that the nerf worked.

Ofc we can take a single game and have that as our basis to judge from, yes, lets's do that.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

That is the reason WG gave for the nerf.

"NERF"

Take a turret from GK and Monty too?  Cut Shima to two launchers?  Give Yamato weak armor and Moskva short range guns?

Why the heck would anyone still call for nerfs, just adapt ffs.  The hardest to counter will always be teamwork and skilled players, stop calling to water down tools and git gud.

I am not complaining i am fine with all ships in the game but most people aren't, Just saying if they really want to nerf it that would be the solution.

Ha Teamwork. nice joke in a f2p online game.Unless you have a competent cv player you can't counter khab.

That gid gud statement it's useless

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

Cruisers and BBs hit Khabs much more easily now (even with max rudder shift modules), so the "nerf" is real.

^^, it's like a fast Minotaur with crap AA but you play it exactly opposite, lol.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Considering that every single statistic is going down and Z-52 has the highest win rate of all T10 DDs after the last patch it is safe to conclude that the nerf worked.

Ofc we can take a single game and have that as our basis to judge from, yes, lets's do that.

Z52 is pretty new and not a lot of people have it , the other dds are old and usually it's normal for stats to go down

My khab stats went up as well as z52

And not just 1 game , i had 5 games with 166k avrage dmg

Most people didn't even bother to shoot at khabs or dds in general, The nerf might be real but i don't see it.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

^^, it's like a fast Minotaur with crap AA but you play it exactly opposite, lol.

And better arcs , that makes a lot of differance.

Khab is still OP they cant nerf it enough lol.

Can't argue with that.

Privateers
728 posts
9,377 battles

I have noticed an unusual amount of Khabs beaching themselves or ramming allies while maneuvering though...

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

I have noticed an unusual amount of Khabs beaching themselves or ramming allies while maneuvering though...

I bet they waren't using any rudder mods :D

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

I am not complaining i am fine with all ships in the game but most people aren't, Just saying if they really want to nerf it that would be the solution.

Ha Teamwork. nice joke in a f2p online game.Unless you have a competent cv player you can't counter khab.

That gid gud statement it's useless

In divs we have almost no losses.  I would say only a highly skilled CV makes much difference.

'Git gud' is more useful than 'OP pls nerf' against anything that chaps your hide.

Cool, if you're not complaining, neither am I.  I have 8 T-Xs (I think), it sucks having ships you spend hours to get and then they get cut down to port queens.

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles

Most people didn't even bother to shoot at khabs or dds in general, The nerf might be real but i don't see it.

very true

But now people realize that they can actually hit those Khabs. Accurate players who could already hit them are having a blast. Better avoid those.

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

I'm guilty - but then again I'm a potato - lol.  And no, I haven't gone full rudder yet, still trying to make concealment mod work partially for the increase in dispersion. 

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

very true

But now people realize that they can actually hit those Khabs. Accurate players who could already hit them are having a blast. Better avoid those.

The thing is that they will quit after 3-4 salvos of not hitting also if they continue to shoot at you , if you saw the replay: Both moskvas quit shooting at me after a few salvos even if i was around 8-9 km of them ,

Even if they continue shooting you, that just make your team not take dmg and shoot back while you dodge or take minimal dmg.

In divs we have almost no losses.  I would say only a highly skilled CV makes much difference.

'Git gud' is more useful than 'OP pls nerf' against anything that chaps your hide.

Cool, if you're not complaining, neither am I.  I have 8 T-Xs (I think), it sucks having ships you spend hours to get and then they get cut down to port queens.

I usually play alone cause i am from EU and most of my friends play when it's late for me. Yes a high skill cv always makes a differance.

The game or ships are fine in my opinion , i have nothing to complain for besides getting a team that snipes from 20km and not pushing.

I have 9 tier 10s but 3 of them i didn't play in like 1 year.

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

Yeah i have seen more of them doing that to, as well as more of them eating torps as well. Some people really haven't adjusted yet.

When a ship is regularly pulling a 55-56% average winrate,. The thing is OP. Khab is OP there is no denying that.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

My khab stats went up

Mine did as well but this doesn't change the fact that the server average is going down.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

Mine did as well but this doesn't change the fact that the server average is going down.

If you or me or another 3 players are decent at the game and pulling the stats up , that dosen't mean the other 70% of the player base is as good to do the same

Khab is the same for people that are decent at the game and nerfed for the other majority that aren't

[TULIP]
Members
952 posts
12,669 battles

When a ship is regularly pulling a 55-56% average winrate,. The thing is OP. Khab is OP there is no denying that.

Then get rid of it.  Think through what happens if you always attack the top performers - then all ships are systematically being reduced in quality over time.  Maybe we shouldn't be able to customize ships to make them better either - because the build makes it OP against an inferior build/captain.

Sign in to follow this