Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Is it me or Bismark guns have more dispersion than Gneis

14 comments in this topic

Members
6,887 posts
14,864 battles

Having a horrible time in the Bismark - I have B hull and propulsion upgrade.  Terrible time hitting anything - shots everywhere.   Can't get a cit to save my life - plenty of cits ON me though.  Averaging46K damage, 1.2 potential damage and not 1 kill per game (currently .6) - only 2 -3 really good games (over 80K damage - highest 110K).  Looooosing so many credits not funny - I know higher tier play - woudl like to lose less credits or at least make a little bit.  Server average for the Bis is 60K+ damage..

Captain skills (17 pts):

Direction Center

EM, AR (played with it on the Gneis)

Super

Manual secondaries, AFT

Upgrades:

Main Arm 1

Sec Mod 2

Damage Control 1

Steering Gears 2

Target Aquisition - added when I had CE first - experimenting

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

You forgot BFT for the added secondary range.

The Germans are horrible on dispersion. One you get within near range of your secondaries, you can score hits. RNG can be on your side on some shots out there near max range...

Edited by Unabletony

Beta Testers
318 posts
11,933 battles

You forgot BFT for the added secondary range.

BFT doesn't affect ranges on anything. Just reload time and AA damage.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

BFT doesn't affect ranges on anything. Just reload time and AA damage.

Oh shite.. thanks for that spotting!

Members
6,887 posts
14,864 battles

I found the Gneis hits more often than the Bismark or I am just gotten only lousy RNG rolls since I got the Bismark.  This happens as close as 8 km - I can get great secondary hits but main guns is laughable.  More laughable than any other German BB I have played.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Not sure what the stats say but my experience says the Gneis is more accurate then the Bismarck.  The Bizzy hits harder,  has more guns,  and much better secondaries and armor in exchange.   Well okay,  and the Gneis has torpedo's.  I'd say that of the German BB's I've played,  the Gneis is the most accurate and has the most reliable gun performance.  

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,107 posts
30,874 battles

Unless you fit ASM1 for your Main Battery on the 15" armed German BBs, you're going to have to get much closer to make those guns reliable.  German 15" guns as a whole, are IMO the worst BB-caliber guns in the game.  I'd rather have New Mexico, Arizona, Fuso 356mm x12 than German 15" rifles.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
6,887 posts
14,864 battles

Even 5 km seems to be too far away....  Not making me want to go to the FDG or the GK.  I will slap ASM1 on it and see how it goes.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,257 battles

Gneiseanu's dispersion at it's max range of 19.5km fully upgraded is 258m without the Aiming System Mod 1.

Bismarck's dispersion at it's max range of 21.2km fully upgraded is 274m without Aiming System Mod 1.

So at their max ranges Bismarck has worse dispersion. However, when Bismarck is stock( i.e. no Fire Control System Mod 2 )it's max range is 19.3km and it dispersion is 255m. So, I would say that statistically speaking when the range on the 2 ships is kept to 19km and less they have the same accuracy within 3m of each other.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,257 battles

I'd say that of the German BB's I've played,  the Gneis is the most accurate and has the most reliable gun performance.  

Really? Wow. I don't mean that nasty in anyway just surprised to see that. Did you play Konig? Even Bayern, for me, feels far more accurate than Gneisenau. Only KM BB T4-T7 I would say feels like it has worse guns, accuracy wise, than Gneisenau at T7 would be Kaiser at T4. Maybe it is because Gneisenau only has 6 guns in total so fewer shells to hit with( fewer to miss with too )but it feels like Stevie Wonder shooting a spit ball gun to me when I play it. LOL

I actually had to go look and see for myself how it stacks up for me and was stunned to see of all my KM BB's from T3 - T7 Gneisenau is by far my most accurate( 4% higher than next closest ). I am even more accurate with it than in Konig!!!!! Unbelievable. Sure doesn't feel that way. Must be because of the 6 gun thing. Either that or because the ship forces you to play super close and at close in ranges guns will be more accurate. I don't even really try shots much over 10-12km with it. Not as many games in it either so no prolonged funk to lower the stats like with the others. I will be danged though if it isn't my most accurate KM BB. Wow. :facepalm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
6,887 posts
14,864 battles

ASM1 seemed to help - back to back 80K games, then a 20K damage game.  SO it looks like I hit more consistently but if I am not 1:1 with another ship then I have to kite away or hot death in 2-3 minutes.  Fire and cits - still have not found a away to cit another BIsmark but man do they (well most BBs) do it to me.

Edited by CylonRed

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,107 posts
30,874 battles

ASM1 seemed to help - back to back 80K games, then a 20K damage game.  SO it looks like I hit more consistently but if I am not 1:1 with another ship then I have to kite away or hot death in 2-3 minutes.  Fire and cits - still have not found a away to cit another BIsmark but man do they (well most BBs) do it to me.

German BB guns aren't as hot against each other, not until you start packing 406mm / 420mm.  Even then a straight citadel isn't common and you're relying on range.  Either that or you get so stupidly close for a citadel to happen.

You could also be mixing up lots of penetration hits with citadels on you.  Go to port and see the Armor Viewer for your ship.  On the hull, the upper hull above the belt is nowhere near as armored as the belt itself with the turtlebacks behind it.  When I get a side view of a German BB, a series of hits to the upper belt, even by 8" / 203mm AP shells, can be costly.  BB caliber AP shells striking that upper belt can land a massive amount of penetration damage.  I may not get a citadel on the German BB that way, but that many penetrations with BB caliber AP may as well have been a citadel.

German BBs are very forgiving and very well protected for WoWS.  That doesn't mean you can't ignore the basics of surviving in a BB.  You can get away with doing some things in a German BB that may get you outright killed in another BB, but you will still pay a heavy price for those mistakes, especially at high tier where people tend to make you pay dearly for any screw up.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Bismarck is much more reliable in my opinion. With Gneisenau, I can get hits consistently, but whether I hit the citadel or not is just up to RNG. But with Bismarck. I feel like I have a bit more control over where the shell land. 

Sign in to follow this