Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KDEstroy

Do AFK players earn XP?

6 comments in this topic

Members
73 posts
1,466 battles

I've heard that the amount of XP earned from a match is dependent on capture points, spotting, dealing damage, shooting down planes, tanking damage,etc, but I've also noticed that no matter how poorly I do, I always earn at least a little.

Now, what if I exit a match immediately upon entering it? My ship would probably stay exactly where I left it, and when I am spotted by the enemy, it will be quickly destroyed. However, theoretically I should still be able to earn a small amount of XP, from tanking damage and spotting the enemy ships. However, I think WG changed that a few patches ago so AFK plsyers earn 0 xp. If they haven’t done that, I think they should, because players should not be receiving rewards for doing nothing.

Instead of exiting the match right away, what if I plot a course with the autopilot, then quit the game? How much XP would I earn then? My potential damage would be significantly higher than a sitting duck, and if the enemy team went in a lemming train to the other side of the map, I might even assist in capturing a point.

[LOU1]
Members
4,344 posts
14,801 battles

Ships that don't move or hit anything get 0 XP.  If you look at the battle report you will see a 0.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
73 posts
1,466 battles

Ships that don't move or hit anything get 0 XP.  If you look at the battle report you will see a 0.

So if I put the ship on autopilot I will earn XP?

If my secondaries hit something I will also earn xp?

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

So if I put the ship on autopilot I will earn XP?

If my secondaries hit something I will also earn xp?

A very minute amount. Probably under 100xp. Also if you leave the battle, your ship all stops and won't continue and iirc a user caused d/c gets you 0xp.

[LOU1]
Members
4,344 posts
14,801 battles

Patch 0.5.12:

"Battle Inactivity
In previous updates, players who left battle before their ships were destroyed received a penalty of no reward after the battle ended. This same penalty will now apply to players who stay inactive after joining and starting a battle.
The following factors constitute inactive (passive) behavior:
The ship never moved and did not cause any damage.
The player did not cause any damage and never launched any air squadrons (for aircraft carriers)
If you're in a game and get disconnected for any reason, you can still hop back in and get active if you restore your connection!"

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/709

Beta Testers
70 posts
4,449 battles

That may be their intention, but I see plenty of exceptions to that.  I've seen AFKers get exp for spotting damage and secondaries damage.  The real bots always get exp because they drive to wall and just spam when something gets close.  I just finished a match where a Maas was AFK the entire time.  When approached at spawn he auto-smoked and survived by cap running out.  WG's never been as great as they claim at stopping bots.  They can really swing a match too.  

Sign in to follow this