Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
flyingpig_fp

Königsberg

13 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
32 posts
9,290 battles

Any advice on how to play the Konigsberg.

I've watched some videos and read what I could find.  I've been trying to keep with other ships, hide behind islands when possible and spam HE shells.  I still don't win much, die frequently although not quickly.  When I do win or survive, the damage done by those HE shells is pretty pitiful and is reflected in my score. 

Thanks in advice for the advice it has always been helpful.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Get Demo as soon as you get the required three points.

Konigsberg is a blast to play, but it's her armor that kinda brings it down. Fire behind allies and use AP on broadside cruisers and BBs. HE only for DDs.

Get the hull if you haven't, then firing range. Hydro and spotter plane are useful for spotting ships.

Skills:

Priority Target

Adrenaline Rush

Demo

Concealment

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,933 battles

Konigsberg's strength, like most German cruisers is in AP. 

Try to citadel other cruisers, only use HE on destroyers and get Inertia Fuse HE as soon as you captain is up to 10 points. Always use Last Stand, as KM rudders break easy.  Survivability Expert helps too.

Konigsberg has been a go to ship for me in the past, but changes to T5 MM, and general power creep have left it rather mediocre now.

But, it's still a bright spot after the cruelty that is Karlsruegh.

Hunt DDs cautiously, as to never show a broadside.  And flat out run from higher tier BBs.

Hope this helps.

I like the rudder shift mod, they can't damage what they can't hit.. keep wigglin'..

• Cool 1

[EF21]
Members
676 posts
46,905 battles

Have you upgraded your Konigsburg? Like other comments, I to enjoy my Koni. Mine has really good range. I fire at BBs from way back. Get them burning then hide. 

At moderate range I use AP on CA flanks.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles

Hey

Konigsberg; I had a hard time with it at first but found if you take priority target, it will help you a huge amount.  I also had to change my play style to stay farther back from about 3/4 to max range so I could dodge shells, always be mindful of who can do the most damage to you.  Those 2 things helped my survive much better and even had a game with a kracken earned with it and several 3 and 4 kills in a game.  Many that ended ugly too.  Constant spam HE with demolition expert at range and she is good, not a brawler by ANY means.  Nurnberg plays similar but better, hate Yorck so far but a couple of very good games.

Pete

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

HE only for DDs.

only use HE on destroyers

Always use Last Stand, as KM rudders break easy.  Survivability Expert helps too.

Mindlessly firing AP against bow-on or angled cruisers and BBs will lead to pitiful amount of damage especially at long range, don't do that. HE despite the low alpha will net you more dmg unless the target is brodside.

Last stand on a cruiser is a waste of 2 points, same goes for SE as it will give you only 1750 HP for 3 skill points, don't ruin your cruisers with questionable builds.

Edited by m373x

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
5,466 battles

Basically shoot HE at angled targets and DDs and AP at everything else. When shooting AP at battships shoot the upper hull/ superstructure. Also don't waste points on Last Stand or SE.

Edited by Nimitz_1701

Members
14 posts
1,011 battles

Is it worth to go for DE since we German usually shot AP and It has less fire chance? I was thinking about vigilance since I often get in mid-close range.

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
5,466 battles

Ok I am going to recommend my current Hidenburg captain since I assume you are going to keep going down the line. This is for a 19 point captain.

Row 1

• Priority Target (1st)

• Derction center for catapult aircraft 

• Preventitive Maitnence

Row 2

• Adrenaline Rush (2nd)

Row 3

• Demo Expert (3rd)

• Superintendent

Row 4

• Advanced Firing Training

• Concealment Expert (4th)

Rest you can choose in any order you like.

If you want to keep the captain for the Königsburg swap out Superintendent for Vigilance, and Advanced firing training for IFHE.

Edited by Nimitz_1701

[-K--]
Members
663 posts
7,529 battles

I played through it with a basic 10 point captain.

Adrenaline Rush, Demo Expert and Concealment Expert made it pretty fun. The turrets rotating 360 degrees behind you made switching sides pretty easy.

Members
17 posts
899 battles

I don't know about everyone else but i play the ship like I did my Omaha and I loved my Omaha.  This ship is just better in just about every way that matters.  I hang out the best I can at long range ducking in and out from behind islands (play style I got in the habit of doing with the Cleveland).  Alternating between HE and AP depending on what target I'm shooting at and what the angle of attack is.  You can't hide exclusively behind islands like a Cleveland can because the shell arc is to flat.  When it comes to the torpedos on her forget you have them for the point of attacking.  The torps are only used for area of denial and those "Oh God where did he come from code brown moments".

[MPIRE]
Banned
1,662 posts
27,586 battles

Mindlessly firing AP against bow-on or angled cruisers and BBs will lead to pitiful amount of damage especially at long range, don't do that. HE despite the low alpha will net you more dmg unless the target is brodside.

Last stand on a cruiser is a waste of 2 points, same goes for SE as it will give you only 1750 HP for 3 skill points, don't ruin your cruisers with questionable builds.

I agreed with your post until the last part.  LS is required for Kberg.

Members
33 posts
15,324 battles

I agreed with your post until the last part.  LS is required for Kberg.

what ?? its a cl not a dd adrenaline rush better.i don't get steering or engines knocked out. if it hits its usually a cit. ive never run LS in it. Ifhe and demo with flags yes.

Sign in to follow this