You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
userz123

This game has become more and more pay 2 win.

79 comments in this topic

[P_P]
Beta Testers
631 posts
7,704 battles

Almost all premium ships preform better than their free counter part, and ALL premium consumable preform better than free stuffs, please don't tell me that you can use preium item in game without paying, yeah but it will cost you so much you might as well keep dumping real money into the game.

Stop giving excuses to the game!!  If 2 people with equal skills one driving a premium other one driving a free, the premium having large amount of advantage over the free, then the game has become a pay 2 win. With all these buffs on premium ships and premium items you can't stay competitive without having premium. this is especially worse higher tier you go.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

WG gotta make money somehow, you know? 

Besides, if you're having trouble with high-tier economy, go and play some lower tiered ships to make credits. That's all there is to it. 

As for the comment about premium ships—the skill of the player matters far more than power of the ship itself. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 3

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

- Premium ships have an inherent sampling bias in that people playing those premiums are commiting more to the game, and as such, are probably just going to be better players.

- "Premium" consumables are purchasable for credits.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

:popcorn: Ooh some pay2win popcorn!

Members
6,587 posts
8,564 battles

7YxYBs0.gif

I'm getting good use out of my downvote gif dump bookmark today.

Lets see, we've had "game is pay2win", "stop using aimbots/hax", now we just need, "torpedoes are OP", "fire is OP", "BBs are OP", "DDs are OP", "Smoke is OP", "Please add subs", and "detonations suck". Did I miss any?

This is turning out to be a fun weekend so far, and it's only Friday. :popcorn:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,879 posts
17,672 battles

7YxYBs0.gif

just gonna take this one as well, just for how awesome it looks

Members
6,587 posts
8,564 battles

just gonna take this one as well, just for how awesome it looks

It's in that link I posted in the other thread, with the airbender downvote gif.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

You can buy premium consumables for credits, least ones you don't earn from missions or the containers, which by the time I started using said consumables the main ones (repair party, damage control, etc) I had about 200 of each. And 22500 isn't a lot if your doing well even without a premium account.

And while there may be exceptions (Saipan, maybe Nikolai, etc) - most premiums are roughly average, their stats, the thing people base all this off of, tend to be skewed by smaller sample sizes in most cases. Scharn has rate of fire sure but Gnei has bigger guns. Bismarck and Tirpitz are basically equal at this point because lets face it, those 6km torps are rarely of use. Kamikaze - what now it has faster torps? big deal. Belfast - sure, HE rounds, and just as paper thin to be ripped apart as they sit still in smoke spamming. The number of premiums that may be hard to sink and OP can be counted on 1 hand, maybe starting the second. Most are just bloody clones with slight changes or a tier change.

Members
139 posts
18,156 battles

Point 1. All Premium ships perform better than their tech tree counterpart. 

Counterpoint: Molotov, Emden, Scharnhorst, Kransy Krym, Atlanta are all examples of them being worse than their tech tree counterpart

Point 2. All premium cosumables perform better than free stuff.

Counterpoint: Yes, but you can buy them with credits

Point 3. Point 2 but yeah it costs too much.

Counterpoint: 22,500 is not a lot of credits in tier 6+ games

Point 4: 1v1 matchup between a premium vs tech tree, premium will always win.

Counterpoint: Nah boi, you just gotta learn how to counter premium ships

Point 5: Need premium to succeed in high tier games

Counterpoint: Ya got me there, you need premium damage control party and premium repair party to do well in high tier games.  BUT that does not mean you should not have a T6 or T7 ship you feel comfortable playing with so that you can farm credits with it.  Plus there are sooo many free ships offered in the game AND 2 Free Premium ships (Diana and Texas). 

n6lhv.jpg

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Counterpoint: Molotov, Emden, Scharnhorst, Kransy Krym, Atlanta are all examples of them being worse than their tech tree counterpart

Um what? As far as I've seen Scharnhorst has no issues performing as well as her sister.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,379 posts
29,412 battles

What tier 2 premium ship is better than tier 2 IJN  destroyer?

What tier 3 premium ship is better than tier 3 RU destroyer?

What tier 4 premium ship is better than tier 4 US destroyer?

What tier 5 premium ship is better than tier 5 RU dd pop?

What tier 6 premium ship is better than tier 6 RU cruiser buddy?

What tier 7 premium ship is better than tier 7 Ger BB?

What tier 8 premium ship is better than tier 8 RU Kiev?

What tier 9 premium ship is better than tier 9 RU Idolize?

What tier 10 premium ship is better than tier 10 RU Khabob? 

Please tell me if it is so pay to win, then how come they still sink?

• Cool 1

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

Even if a premium ship is overpowered, or any ship for that matter, you still need a good player to make it shine. If the whole pay to win argument was true then belfast and alabama would have +70% average win rates, but they don't.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I don't know what you're on, but since when did performing better than every other BB at tier equal or mean performing worse than a tech tree counterpart? This is just too funny.

Scharnhorst out performs Gneis in all categories except survival and plane kills. And her sister only beats her there at survival by 1%. Next time get your facts straight.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

TBif73n.gif

I am not getting involved I have too much real Cash Invested.

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

Op, if your'e having issues making credits in this game then that's your fault for being a BAD player!:smart_fish:

Also, this game is not P2W! If it were, then the premium consumable s your'e complaining about wouldn't be able to be obtained through "normal" events such as the daily reward crates! and would only be purchasable through  the giftshop!:sceptic:

As for the premium ships, if players are shelling out $30 + then YES they SHOULD get their money's worth and it should have a few benefits such as lower repair costs and slightly better income! :angry:

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

What tier 2 premium ship is better than tier 2 IJN  destroyer?

What tier 3 premium ship is better than tier 3 RU destroyer?

What tier 4 premium ship is better than tier 4 US destroyer?

What tier 5 premium ship is better than tier 5 RU dd pop?

What tier 6 premium ship is better than tier 6 RU cruiser buddy?

What tier 7 premium ship is better than tier 7 Ger BB?

What tier 8 premium ship is better than tier 8 RU Kiev?

What tier 9 premium ship is better than tier 9 RU Idolize?

What tier 10 premium ship is better than tier 10 RU Khabob? 

Please tell me if it is so pay to win, then how come they still sink?

Scharnhorst performs better than Gneisenau in all categories except survival and plane kills. And even then Gneisenau only beats her by 1% for survival.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

Members
536 posts
13,778 battles

I feel that I am slightly above average. Been playing about a year and a half (4125 games), mostly using the devil's cabbage (relax its legal in my state). I always use premium consumables and I have 304,404,861 credits in the bank. I always hate when someone says "git gud", but I have to say "get average" and you'll never worry about credits 

• Cool 1