You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

What T8 cruiser is best?

128 members have voted

1. 1. what T8 cruiser is best?

• Mogami
    • Hipper
    • New Orleans
    • Chapayev
    • Edinburgh
    • Charles Martel
    • ARP Takao
    • Atago
    • Kutuzov
    • Prinz Eugen

32 comments in this topic

Members
1,650 posts
13,674 battles

I'm going to narrow it down the the tech tree...I think the Atago and the Indianapolis are T8s too but I'll only add them if you guys insist. ...And by BEST I basically mean, with which ship have you had the most success/which one has been the toughest opponent?

Some of these ships I haven't even test driven in the PTS so I'm counting on you all to let me know which to get first. ...thx ahead of time!

Edited by commodore_torakula

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

Indianapolis is T7, the other T8 Cruisers are Kutuzow and Prinz Eugen.

[OTG]
Beta Testers
593 posts
10,764 battles

Edi. Hands down.  There is no ship I will not duel in it, as long as I played smart and have conrtolled the conditions in which we are engaged I will be victorious.  New Orleons, Neptune, Minotaur, Des Moines, Yammy, Bizmark, every DD, all of them notches on the hull of my Edinburgh.

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,475 battles

Are you asking the top tech tree tier 8 cruiser or for all including premiums?  For tech tree 155 mogomi ( now after buff) with Ed a close second..... All Atago (gets camo and shares captains, sorry cartoon Atago), MK a close second.

[RLGN]
Members
19,118 posts
35,138 battles

Atago... Because everyone seems to say it is, though I can't make it so... (bizarrely, my average damage with Atago is only 26k... but my WR in it is above average...)

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

arright in the interest of diversity I'll include the premiums and the ARP Takao... ....

Please add Prinz Eugen as well

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

There's no "best"

That being said the New Orleans sucked when I played it, but it's been buffed.

Beta Testers
464 posts
13,928 battles

there really is no question...esp with current meta...

Kutuzovs stand off range (19km), strong AAA and smoke make it easily the best overall..but its a bit squishy..so if you have to close..its starts to suffer as arm isnt great, citadel is pretty high in water..but with current stationary long range meta..there are no better ships to stand off and hurl fire balls.

Arm and weak cit arent really a problem as you have ability to sit futher back where you dont get focused, and if you do...you can use your smoke.

[-NEM-]
Members
1,107 posts
13,344 battles

The only drawback of Mogami (both 6.1 inch and 8 inch guns) and Atago is their gun ranges. If not, those will be the best cruisers in the tier by far. Kutuzov I don't have, but russian armor is nonexistant and I have Shchors. It os an incresible fire spammer and has a very long range, but better not cloe the distance to anything, it will wreck you.

Hipper is lacking what I think is DPM, I have a good avg DMG and WR, but I don't have had any spectacular match, my highest being some 75k DMG. New Orleans I don't have, again I have Pensacola, and the line is pretty much the same until Des Moines. The AP wreck things, but the arcs are awful, and the other lines (except Germans) have better fire chance or RoF.

Edinburgh is another jewel, but you need a lot of experience and positioning to make her work. And Charles Martel is the new ship, have tested the Saint-Louis aot tier IX and it seems solid. The guns are accurate, have a great fire chance and the speed helps a lot to be in the right place at the right time to support your allies.

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

Chapayev if strictly tech tree, Kutuzov if adding premiums. It pains me to say it too because I love KM ships. The Russian cruisers are just better save for maybe Donskoi, where Roon is flat out way better. . 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Kutuzov.  Accept no substitute.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
322 posts
4,470 battles

Out of the ones I've played, I'd go with Kutuzov. However, if Edinburgh is anything like Fiji, then that will take my vote.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

I love my New Orleans! Granted she doesn't have torpedoes, but her guns more than make up for it!:)

[WAIFU]
Members
91 posts
4,266 battles

Kutuzov no doubt be the best, followed by Atago and Edinbrugh, Chappy, and Mogami 155 is very very strong now, majority of the 203 performs medicore, even tho I loved my Hipper dearly 

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,364 posts
29,395 battles

If you want to sit behind an island at 19 km...go Russian pansy style.

If you want to affect a match and make players cry, Mogami 155... can't beat 15 shells raining napalm IJHE pain.

Members
1,650 posts
13,674 battles

arright Sirene you get your wish. ....I'm adding the Bismarck's consort, the fabled Prinz Eugen. ...nice to see the stats on the Charles Martel leading the pack fresh out of the gate but so far among the voters it's the Kutuzov in a landslide......  

I've been catching hell in the 203mm Mogami lately so I'll have to grind up the the Edinburgh...there's options!...

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

arright Sirene you get your wish. ....I'm adding the Bismarck's consort, the fabled Prinz Eugen. ...nice to see the stats on the Charles Martel leading the pack fresh out of the gate but so far among the voters it's the Kutuzov in a landslide......  

I've been catching hell in the 203mm Mogami lately so I'll have to grind up the the Edinburgh...there's options!...

Thank you :)

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,062 posts
30,833 battles

If you want to sit behind an island at 19 km...go Russian pansy style.

If you want to affect a match and make players cry, Mogami 155... can't beat 15 shells raining napalm IJHE pain.

Damage is damage, kills are kills.  However you do it, it doesn't matter.
  • Cool 1