You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

A MASSIVE thanks to everything WG has done, minus a few...tid bits...

23 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

First off, for anyone who knows what Armored Warfare is, they've just released preliminary patch notes for their next update....which is basically a massive overhaul to the GUI.....and are now making it look and function like a cheap Chinese rip-off of WoT's UI. Sadly, its a broken mess, far less intuitive than the original GUI, and just generally broken all around. Couple that with the fact that the most recent patch aka the "tanks reloaded" patch, basically broke the game as a whole with massive game breaking bugs, a horrific drop in over all performance for a LOT of players, changes that literally no-one wanted, and just a general fail of a patch. AW, for myself at least, is completely, 100%, dead. Done. Buried and forgotten.

And for anyone looking to try it out. STOP. STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM IT. I BEG YOU.

So, I just wanted to give a massive shout out to WG, that, even though they've done some pretty dumb decisions recently *cough*Wargaminggamecenter*cough*, over all, they've always tried to listen to player feedback, have arguably one of the BEST customer support staff I've personally ever seen in a game, have a rather decent amount of good dev/CM/Mod interaction (looking at you Niko and Sub_Octavian. Keep up the awesome work you guys!), and are just over all visibly trying their best to improve the games where they fall short.

So keep up the fantastic work WG. Keep your heads high, and keep doing what you're doing. We the players, even though we can be kinda demanding sometimes, know that you're doing a great job on your games!

Signed, the local coffee infused and hyper-active kitsune.

wKZ0fg0.jpg

• Cool 2

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

I kinda liked AW. So much potential, never realized. I'll try it, but having only gotten to T6 there aren't many people playing it. Kinda like WoWP but not as bad.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I kinda liked AW. So much potential, never realized. I'll try it, but having only gotten to T6 there aren't many people playing it. Kinda like WoWP but not as bad.

Its gotten worse from what I've seen. I just checked out the forums and its in melt down mode atm. Lots of people having issues, still massive population issues (ie, almost no-one playing on NA) and now even PvE is a broken mess according to some.

Its truly sad, because I put a lot of effort into that game. Nearly had the tier 10 Abrams, had a couple other tier 6 and 7 tanks as well....not to mention having several premium tanks to boot... Never actually thought I'd witness the death of a game due to the complete idiocy of its devs. Or at least I thought WT would be that game lol

Edited by Kitsunelegend

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

It was going to be so much more and Obsidian Entertain had grand plans for it. But the overall bosses wanted WoT but modern. Sigh.

Edit: I thought before reading that this was a response to a certain other recent post about the company.

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

If I can shake off this losing streak I will be happy to agree with you re WoW. Love the bracing sea air, collecting the ships, love the details, even the ones I lose in. ;)

[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles

Well, just played some WoT last night after its most recent 'improving gamneplay' and wasn't very happy with it... But whatever; I'm nothing more that a noob who gets farmed by 5-year (multiple rude-words) players anyway, so what do I know.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

It was going to be so much more and Obsidian Entertain had grand plans for it. But the overall bosses wanted WoT but modern. Sigh.

Edit: I thought before reading that this was a response to a certain other recent post about the company.

To be honest....WG's most recent announcement regarding a certain....software....still has me rather...upset with them as a company....but after visiting AW's forum, and seeing exactly what they have in store...it made me realize just how BAD it could have been...and now it pales in comparison to what AW has done.... Made me feel a tad...uh...regretful as to what I wrote on Niko's post announcing said software...

Still not happy about it...but I'm slightly less upset now I guess.

[TDD]
Members
1,236 posts
9,516 battles

i played it for a good while when my so decided she didn't like wows any more but quit after a few months. it was fun but I didn't have reason to keep playing and I like wows better. recently went back and tried it after the "improvements" and i hate what they have done to that game so sad it could have been great.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,228 battles

It's disappointing what's become of AW. I started in early access and have all but a few progression tanks. It's great in its present form if you like Russian tanks, though (that sounds familiar, doesn't it). I've played a handful of matches since the update, but the lack of PvP players still persists. PvE isn't really a mess, it's just that hard mode is actually hard now, and the complaining on the forum is mostly from players who don't want to drop down to easy or medium matches to match their skill. Some are saying that Obsidian had these grand plans for the game and I feel they're giving Obsidian too much credit. If it was improving under their watch, it was at a pace only a snail would be impressed with. I still hope it can be saved, because I enjoyed playing it much more than I did WoT.

Anyway, I stopped playing AW in early January and came back to WoWS. I just bought 90 days of premium here, so I'm here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

AW died the day Mail.ru *coughKGBcough* seized control of the game from Obsidian Entertainment. I have the utmost respect for OE because of their work on Fallout New Vegas, one of my most favourite games of all time. When I heard they were no longer developing AW, I knew something was wrong. Sure enough, it emerged that Mail.ru simply wants AW to be a copy of WoT.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

To be honest....WG's most recent announcement regarding a certain....software....still has me rather...upset with them as a company....but after visiting AW's forum, and seeing exactly what they have in store...it made me realize just how BAD it could have been...and now it pales in comparison to what AW has done.... Made me feel a tad...uh...regretful as to what I wrote on Niko's post announcing said software...

Still not happy about it...but I'm slightly less upset now I guess.

Oh, I was simply referring to that wolf guy's thread. But after reading the post about the new launcher....oh dear. I didn't download it because it wasn't required so I wasn't going to get it. Man this is a nightmare.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

It's disappointing what's become of AW. I started in early access and have all but a few progression tanks. It's great in its present form if you like Russian tanks, though (that sounds familiar, doesn't it). I've played a handful of matches since the update, but the lack of PvP players still persists. PvE isn't really a mess, it's just that hard mode is actually hard now, and the complaining on the forum is mostly from players who don't want to drop down to easy or medium matches to match their skill. Some are saying that Obsidian had these grand plans for the game and I feel they're giving Obsidian too much credit. If it was improving under their watch, it was at a pace only a snail would be impressed with. I still hope it can be saved, because I enjoyed playing it much more than I did WoT.

Anyway, I stopped playing AW in early January and came back to WoWS. I just bought 90 days of premium here, so I'm here to stay for the foreseeable future.

OE did have some pretty awesome things they wanted to do with AW, but couldn't, simply because the publishing company, aka Mail.ru, wanted nothing more than a cheap WoT clone with minimal effort put into it, so they refused to pay OE, which caused dev slow downs and then eventually OE just couldn't continue. From what I understand, there was a lot of disagreements between OE and Mail.ru.

I personally have great faith in OE, after seeing how Fallout NV was (and still play it to this day even!) and knowing that most of their failures was due more to publishing companies basically screwing them over.

Now, from what I some people have told me, Mail.ru's other games are nothing more than cheaply made, poorly designed, pay to win garbage piles that even Russian gamers hate.

Now, we're looking at a Steel Ocean version of WoT, except worse.

Beta Testers
11,670 posts

Well, mail.ru bought a company whose game I am playing extensively in my tablet. and I am quite concerned mail.ru might screw it up.  But right now, its the highest rated of any Russian game in the Google Play Store.  

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

, over all, they've always tried to listen to player feedback, have arguably one of the BEST customer support staff I've personally ever seen in a game

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

OE did have some pretty awesome things they wanted to do with AW, but couldn't, simply because the publishing company, aka Mail.ru, wanted nothing more than a cheap WoT clone with minimal effort put into it, so they refused to pay OE, which caused dev slow downs and then eventually OE just couldn't continue. From what I understand, there was a lot of disagreements between OE and Mail.ru.

One would think that OE would be able to publish the game themselves using money from the good games they've made before, such as KOTOR 2 and Fallout: New Vegas.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Give me your AW username and we could play.

Yeah uh NO. Ain't gonna happen lol I'd rather just let the game die then give it anymore good publicity or play time.

And yes that means I'm going to shite talk it to hell and back.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
18,751 posts
578 battles

Yeah uh NO. Ain't gonna happen lol I'd rather just let the game die then give it anymore good publicity or play time.

And yes that means I'm going to shite talk it to hell and back.

And along with your username, can you send me your email, phone number, and SS#?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

And along with your username, can you send me your email, phone number, and SS#?

Oh, now those I can send sure! I'll even include my bank account details, along with my birth certificate, home address, debit and credit card numbers, and hell, if you want I can include my own blood for DNA stuff, if you want of course. Let me just send it via PM for ya. o3o

U funny man, I torp you last. :trollface:

Beta Testers
11,670 posts

What really killed AW for me was WT's April event, with the Leopards, T-90s, Apaches and Hinds.  That few days of playing that event was a lot more fun than anything I have played in AW (or for that matter, on WT itself).  Quite frankly it spoiled me.  I kind of leaning that WT should drop their naval attempt and concentrate making a subgame with modern tanks instead.

Edited by Eisennagel