Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reefhawg

I was accused of seeing through smoke...

10 comments in this topic

[NEIN]
Members
88 posts
14,813 battles

... I must be getting better.

In my Hindenburg I'm getting some shots at a Gearing,.. he starts to smoke up just as he runs into an island.  I'm not sure if he hit the island but was on the brakes and went out of sight right at that point,.. he was full broadside about 12km. I knoew he could not go forward without backing up first.   So I shoot the same spot I last saw him,.. a few hits, nice.  I think hes backing up so I shoot a bit back of last sighted spot, a few more hits.  Why stop now?  So I figured he must be in forward gear now so I aim a bit in front and again some hits.  Cool.  Next salvo misses so I move on to next target.

His comment "funny how you can see me in smoke"  or something similar.  I try to explain I had a few lucky hits which he rejects.  So I explain further that it wasn't that hard but he wouldn't have it.

So I think he was implying that I was cheating.  Felt good.

Fact is when smoking up under fire if you can only change your lateral location you stand a good chance of getting hit a few more times.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,879 posts
17,672 battles

Did they forget that Hydro and Radar are things that exist in the game? Or did they forget the auto spot detection of......2km is it?

[NAVAL]
Banned
1,416 posts

Maybe using your brain in matches is cheating?

Even funnier when a DD does not know who the capabilities of enemy ships......and gets detonated.  One of the best feelings in the world!

Got accused and reported for using illegal mods that see through smoke.  

I believe that was called my radar in the Indianapolis.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,829 posts

Its fun to shoot people in smoke. 

i got a 6x Citadel on a Neptune in smoke with the Charles Martel last night.   was pretty awsome

Its common though to have people complain about getting shot in smoke.

Edited by Spyde

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
10,275 battles

How dare you use logic hax on him then come here and brag about it.

Members
5,450 posts
21,023 battles

A gearing..T10 player who doesn't know how smoke works. 

Amazeballs. 

Wait until you meet a Gearkaze, They don't use their guns, only torps and will run from a Fletcher when spotted. 

Its the funnest thing. 

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I've been accused of hacking for a number of blind shots I've taken, but most players understand the mechanics. I one-shotted a full health Edinburgh in smoke once. I thought I was gonna get accused of hax, but he said "nice shot" and that was it. I once landed a single hit to kill a wounded Blyskawica in smoke and he went ballistic. Yeah it was a good shot, hitting a DD at 15km isn't easy even if it's stationary, but he was freaking stationary!

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

Did they forget that Hydro and Radar are things that exist in the game? Or did they forget the auto spot detection of......2km is it?

And don't forget tc, that auto detect can be bumped out to 3km with a choice in ship modules.

[-K--]
Members
663 posts
7,529 battles

And don't forget tc, that auto detect can be bumped out to 3km with a choice in ship modules.

Truth...although I'm still shocked at the Gearing running acquisition. He proximity spotted me at 3km and got the jump on me. First time I've encountered that at high tiers. 

Sign in to follow this