You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Adm_Nate_Ellis937

Cruiser Perth

56 comments in this topic

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,384 battles

I was going to post some screengrabs and commentary about more Perth play ... then I saw the whole copyright threat fiasco had been turned thermonuclear by WoWS N/A.

This is not what my grandfather fought for, nor other family members died for.

So... bye.

I'm also prone to view my honest opinion of Wargaming content, policy and decisions (just as I do everybody else).

That may upset the  politburo.

They obviously already have been (note how I've been busted down to Ensign even though I'm over 1000 posts and no complaints!)

Edited by HMS_Formidable

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

I was going to post some screengrabs and commentary about more Perth play ... then I saw the whole copyright threat fiasco had been turned thermonuclear by WoWS N/A.

This is not what my grandfather fought for, nor other family members died for.

So... bye.

I'm also prone to view my honest opinion of Wargaming content, policy and decisions (just as I do everybody else).

That may upset the  politburo.

They obviously already have been (note how I've been busted down to Ensign even though I'm over 1000 posts and no complaints!)

I uhm, err don't think you understand what you are saying.  Ensign is the forum title applied to folks for your number of posts.  Also the screengrabs and discussion of gameplay here on this forum is expressly permitted.  Also the fiasco was with youtube and official partners (the CCs) and involved the WGEU. 

[TOG]
Members
4,250 posts
26,743 battles

Back on topic. I notice two types play styles among us Perth drivers. Knife fight or mid to long range. My preference is the latter. I tend to go for CQB fights on the late stages of the game. My philosophy has been the longer you stay alive, the bigger impact you have on the game. So for it will depend on the type of aircraft you pick. Fighter for close in or spotter for mid to long range. I like the spotter because it boosts the range to 15 km and I can hit anyone hiding behind islands. No to mention I can hide behind islands and shoot over them.

Ranking though, I might go over to CQB since the fight will be over caps. I just hate dying too early

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

I love my little Perth more and more each game. I mean there are times I get smash like a fly but it is because I am not doing something right. But most time I do very well in her.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[R-N-D]
Members
18 posts
3,895 battles

No post since 2017, so, not expecting an answer.  What is the deal with HMAS Perth.  Really like the ship.  I've played it 5 times now and each time a T 7 BB has hit me, while dancing, with the initial salvo and put her under.  Does everyone hate Perth?

[DVYJC]
Members
4,000 posts
10,193 battles
On 4/28/2017 at 8:57 AM, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

Do I need to go a certain speed for it to be effective? like 1/2 speed?

With some practice, you can speed up and slow down to maneuver a little faster while still staying in smoke.