Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
amade

Anyone able to move the borderless window?

4 comments in this topic

[LEAK]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
209 battles

For ages, I've been playing in Windowed mode for the convenience. Now I'd like to make use of the new Borderless Windowed mode recently implemented in 064. However, I just found out that I can't move the position of the window (via editing the preferences.xml). As soon as I start the client, the window gets positioned where I want it to be very briefly before it resets to being centered on my desktop.

Has anyone been able to move the position of their window while in borderless mode?

[OTG]
Beta Testers
593 posts
10,764 battles

Darnit, I thought this was a riddle.

Take your RL issue out of my fantasy world!!

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

Not sure if I follow, but I'll throw this at you.

Settings in game allows for windowed, full screen windowed, and full screen. Any of those can be removed by alt/tab. Another function is alt/enter that'll switch between window/full screen.

Mess around with those and that may help you figure something out.

Video drivers can also be manipulated along with you monitor resolution.

I think Aslains modpack has a mod for double screen setups. There might be something there as a last resort you might be able to tweek. 

Edited by Wulfgarn

[LEAK]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
209 battles

Not sure if I follow, but I'll throw this at you.

Settings in game allows for windowed, full screen windowed, and full screen. Any of those can be removed by alt/tab. Another function is alt/enter that'll switch between window/full screen.

Mess around with those and that may help you figure something out.

Video drivers can also be manipulated along with you monitor resolution.

I think Aslains modpack has a mod for double screen setups. There might be something there as a last resort you might be able to tweek. 

Nothing to do with what I'm referring to.

I usually play in windowed mode (1600x900), i.e. smaller than my native resolution (1920x1080). And like any windowed application, it has a title bar at the top that users can drag around the desktop to reposition that window. So I can position my WoWS window on the top right of the screen while I have other applications (browser, TS, skype, slack or whatever) positioned on the left side so it would always be visible while I play WoWS. I'm not using a multi monitor setup.

WoWS ver 064 now allows borderless windowed mode, which as the name suggests has no borders therefore no title bar, which means you can't drag the window around like most applications. The window's position is centered on the screen by default and (supposedly) can only be manipulated by editing the preferences.xml file, which as I've desribed earlier I have tried and did not work as expected.

Sign in to follow this