You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Cruisers bloody cruisers

44 comments in this topic

[RAN]
Members
984 posts
11,592 battles

Do we have to see yet another bloody cruiser from WG.   

English, then french now italian ...spare me.

sick to death of bloody cruisers.

What about Royal Navy Battleships, and I'm not English...

One of the major navies of the world yet we have yet to see any Carriers, Battleship line or destroyers from the united kingdom.

Strength as of Sept 1939

15 capital ships.

7 carriers.

66 cruisers

184 destroyers

Please WG lets be more creative..

You dont like money ?

Or

You cant find any more English ships  you need???

But we have a polish ship, someone must have sucked hard to get that included.(a navy of old destroyers and minesweepers and HMS Cambelltown. and cruisers lent by the RN)

the Netherlands had a relatively good navy in ww2, mostly captured by the germans but it included cruisers, destroyers and submarines.

Edited by DevilD0g

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Oh no, how terrible. We got more content.

Have patience. The ships you want'll come eventually.  

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Cruisers are the chillest dudes around. They never complain. They never cry on the forum about 7 BBs on the enemy team. They keep DDs away from the baBBies. They are the heroes we need. Don't you dare talk against cruisers.

• Cool 12

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,879 posts
17,672 battles

I like my cruisers, I enjoy the salt that HE spam brings in, it helps salt the popcorn for my trips to the forums

• Cool 2

[2GOOD]
Members
941 posts
23,017 battles

At the START of ww2 it had :-

15 capital ships... 5 at the end of the war

7 carriers... 58 at the end of the war

66 cruisers...35 at the end of the war

184 destroyers...277 at the end of the war

Those are the numbers at 1939 and the number commissioned up to 1945, you'd need to add them together and then subtract the losses to get the actual number at the end of the war -  naval-history.net

Beta Testers
411 posts
6,762 battles

and I'm not English...

Not everyone can be perfect.

Help yourself to some Darjeeling and take a break. Hood will likely be available mid May, and British BBs will be out soon after. 

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
3,945 battles

Patience young Padawan.

The Force, feel you must. Coming soon, British Battleships are.

Edited by SgtSullyC3

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

It's buried somewhere deep in I believe the Alpha test section why it took forever to get really anything British in game, or at the very least, a rumour. Wagaming tends to actually go to archives and all to get data on ships and projects to try and keep things as accurate to history as possible where they can. Some of what we know as "fictitious" upgrades could be planned or considered changes to a ship in the USN, IJN and parts of the German line and same with the rest possibly. The three easiest to get info from, US and Japan, plus they had bigger clashes than UK and Germany, and Russia (cause Wargaming HQ is in that region). Germany can be sketchy because a lot of records and all were destroyed either intentionally or in bombing raids. But at least with UK ships, at one point they were supposed to be earlier but were pushed back, and what we were hearing at the time is that they were having trouble getting what they needed to work on the line. Part of why we got so much before even their cruisers.

Either way, better late than never as were supposed to be getting BB's and CV's this year. Marking the last easy CV line (excluding branches/second lines) as the community has put together fairly good lists on Germany and Italy and some decent work on Russia and France the issue being do they need to fill a gap or two with hypothetical/fake ships and one Wargaming has admitted to a hesitance to use land based conversions even though every Navy in that area that had or was working on CV's at the time at some point or another was in fact using conversions.

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,204 battles

I like my cruisers, I enjoy the salt that HE spam brings in, it helps salt the popcorn for my trips to the forums

9ArlCD4.gif

Some people may accuse me of over using this gif.....but can you really have too much of a good thing?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

OP, you do realize that within the last 48 hours that Octavian just stated again that they're trying to tone down the BB population and get less players playing them, right? And ttrying to to increase the cruiser population and get more people playing cruisers.

We also knew for over a month before they were released that the French cruisers were coming. How was it a shock and how did you not know?

Edited by renegadestatuz

Beta Testers
264 posts
904 battles

OP, you do realize that within the last 48 hours that Octavian just stated again that they're trying to tone down the BB population and get less players playing them, right? And ttrying to to increase the cruiser population and get more people playing cruisers.

We also knew for over a month before they were released that the French cruisers were coming. How was it a shock and how did you not know?

If they want to get people out of their Battleships and into cruisers then they need to make cruisers more survivable, and not battleship xp pinatas.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

If they want to get people out of their Battleships and into cruisers then they need to make cruisers more survivable, and not battleship xp pinatas.

I'm well aware of this. He has stated that they're looking for buffs and other ways to do this.

He also said they're looking at increasing the gun bloom duration on BBs to make them visible for longer periods of time.

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

Cruisers were historically the backbone of most navies...

They were the most populous in number of classes and number of ships in class. They were less expensive than capital ships, and more utilitarian that destroyers. Wargaming also has the most to choose from with cruisers to create content from.

You really think that we are not going to get more cruisers than anything else?

Beta Testers
514 posts

Cruiser bloody Cruisers....I sense a warships parody of the Black Sabbath song "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" my metal senses went off on that title OP,

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Cruisers were historically the backbone of most navies...

They were the most populous in number of classes and number of ships in class. They were less expensive than capital ships, and more utilitarian that destroyers. Wargaming also has the most to choose from with cruisers to create content from.

You really think that we are not going to get more cruisers than anything else?

Not to mention that cruiser lines are the start off point for all other lines in game and need to come first, with the exception of the RU DDs. Meaning that in order to introduce the French into the game they had to get the cruiser line out.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

there are already plenty of BBs for you to choose from that will allow you to sit back, watch your teammates in cruisers die, then [edited]and complain that you get no support at 23km