You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
skull_122_steel

fourth tier captain skill for the Duca D'aosta

captain skin  

29 members have voted

1. 1. captan skill

• IFHE
    • CE

20 comments in this topic

[COB45]
Members
1,011 posts
3,472 battles

so I was wondering in my D'aosta I am going for IFHE and CE for the fourth tier captain skill and I am really close to my first one so which one should I get first

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Depends how you're playing it.

Have you been charging caps to brawl? Get CE.

Have you been staying back and sniping? Get IFHE (+DE).

The one review I've seen talks about Aosta's excellent AP performance at close range, so I imagine CE+brawling is th better choice, but idk how you play.

[A-I-M]
Beta Testers
110 posts
10,064 battles

Concealment first, if you're sniping gives u a little more breakaway room

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,379 posts
29,412 battles

I picked OFzhE zo i could rack up conzistant exp.. 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

CE is a no-brainer on any cruiser. It should be the top priority for the 4th row. Once you got CE, you can start looking into other skills.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I'll likely go for concealment first. It should synergize well with her short range and dangerous close range support playstyle. Duca would benefit immensely from IFHE but sunk ships have no DPS so...

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,873 battles

Spotter Expert give a safe buffer/sniping range where shells can be dodged using the WASD.

Concealment doesn't work anymore, unless you are happy with ZERO DPS by keeping your guns silent.  And I hope you love hitting a Colorado 20 times for zero damage.

IFHE actually tripled my damage per hit.

Keep those guns firing till the barrels are red hot.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

And I hope you love hitting a Colorado 20 times for zero damage.

0x3=0

[COB45]
Members
1,011 posts
3,472 battles

Spotter Expert give a safe buffer/sniping range where shells can be dodged using the WASD.

Concealment doesn't work anymore, unless you are happy with ZERO DPS by keeping your guns silent.  And I hope you love hitting a Colorado 20 times for zero damage.

Keep those guns firing till the barrels are red hot.

CE is still useful it allows me to get closer without being spoted

[COB45]
Members
1,011 posts
3,472 battles

Depends how you're playing it.

Have you been charging caps to brawl? Get CE.

Have you been staying back and sniping? Get IFHE (+DE).

The one review I've seen talks about Aosta's excellent AP performance at close range, so I imagine CE+brawling is th better choice, but idk how you play.

i'm not picking up DE because even if I speck fulling into fire chance I am still 2% worse than all the other 6 in gins at tier six. but I will still take IFHE so I can more consistently damage BBs that are rushing me.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

CE will let you pick your spots on the attack, and let you disengage more easily when things get too hot. IFHE will let you...never start fires, and spam HE on a ship that does better with AP in most situations. If you're in love with the idea of IFHE, I would suggest getting it after CE.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,873 battles

It's a long, hard road between 10 points and 14 points.

396,000 captain XP to be exact.

I guess it goes with fighting style.  Pick the ability to do damage, or the ability to survive.

More and more Battleships are taking fire prevention and premium repair options these days.  It's getting harder to start fires.

Any operator who WORKED their way to tier 6 knows how to manage damage properly.

And with the new bloom feature, CE isn't worth squat anymore.  The Duca needs to use it's guns.

[COB45]
Members
1,011 posts
3,472 battles

It's a long, hard road between 10 points and 14 points.

396,000 captain XP to be exact.

I guess it goes with fighting style.  Pick the ability to do damage, or the ability to survive.

More and more Battleships are taking fire prevention and premium repair options these days.  It's getting harder to start fires.

Any operator who WORKED their way to tier 6 knows how to manage damage properly.

And with the new bloom feature, CE isn't worth squat anymore.  The Duca needs to use it's guns.

what do you mean by worked they're way to tier six. Are you implying I'm a wallet warrior or are you talking about the battleships 

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I voted CE. Honestly, that's a reflection of my priorities. I'd much prefer to use AP on everything that isn't a DD. If you've suffered through Hipper (or love her), the lackluster HE and 8 gun setup is familiar. Heck, Leander has zero HE, 8 guns and the same reload.  I want to be able to get close, I want to be able to flank and break contact. Honestly, dealing damage doesn't seem a huge issue now that I have a few games with her... It takes time though.

They're both serviceable choices, but consider this: Cleveland, Budyonny and Molotov will all out spot you if they take CE and you don't. Quick reflexes might save you from Cleveland, but Budyonny and Molotov will eat you for breakfast inside 12 km. For that matter, so will New Mexico, who will have comparable detection if they take CE and you don't.

[COB45]
Members
1,011 posts
3,472 battles

I voted CE. Honestly, that's a reflection of my priorities. I'd much prefer to use AP on everything that isn't a DD. If you've suffered through Hipper (or love her), the lackluster HE and 8 gun setup is familiar. Heck, Leander has zero HE, 8 guns and the same reload.  I want to be able to get close, I want to be able to flank and break contact. Honestly, dealing damage doesn't seem a huge issue now that I have a few games with her... It takes time though.

They're both serviceable choices, but consider this: Cleveland, Budyonny and Molotov will all out spot you if they take CE and you don't. Quick reflexes might save you from Cleveland, but Budyonny and Molotov will eat you for breakfast inside 12 km. For that matter, so will New Mexico, who will have comparable detection if they take CE and you don't.

I have faced those ships before and the only ones I ever have problems with is the Cleveland because I cant citadel it easily and the new mexico because it is a battleship and I keep on forgetting that I have torpedoes. but yes I will probably take CE because thats what everyone thinks I should get.