You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GL4D2KILLU

Why can we not buy Sierra Mike signals?

18 comments in this topic

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Because they give combat stat bonuses.

That.

Edited by Unabletony

[CVKO]
Members
59 posts
8,902 battles

So does any upgrade or module like engine boost, or even camo...

and, so does this, but we can still buy or obtain them. Sierra mike only boosts speed, just like engine boost does, so it makes no sense.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

and, so does this, but we can still buy or obtain them. Sierra mike only boosts speed, just like engine boost does, so it makes no sense.

Yeah, but you also can't get flags with credits—like is possible with modules. 

Members
6,588 posts
8,581 battles

This is why I desperately want WG to bring back 250 flag super containers. Getting 250 Sierra Mike's was the best thing in the world. Screw premium ships, I want flags!

• Cool 4

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

This is why I desperately want WG to bring back 250 flag super containers. Getting 250 Sierra Mike's was the best thing in the world. Screw premium ships, I want flags!

IKR!!

http://i.imgur.com/HDZ0Uk6.png

^ That's my current signal collection as of a week ago. Supercontainers contributed alot to the stockpile.

I'm sad they took them away :(

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,593 battles

Is there any suggestions on getting Sierra Mike signals?

If not, why??

​Because that gets too  close to "pay to win".. the way it is now, everyone gets an equal shot at getting them

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,628 battles

Because they give combat stat bonuses.

B-but... muh pay2win theory!

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

​Because that gets too  close to "pay to win".. the way it is now, everyone gets an equal shot at getting them

Sorta. I mean, I get a huge chunk of my signals from containers, as I always pick the option with increased chances on signals.

And I always have a stock of Equal Speed Charlie London sets that I get from the shop. Those increase the XP you get per battle by 50%, thereby making it easier to get 12.5k (For 2 daily containers) or 37k XP (For 3 daily containers). And, of course, playing on premium ships just makes it even faster to get the daily XP needed.

So in a way, you can pay to get more combat-boosting signals easier. You just can't buy them directly, and I'm totally fine with that.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I only run sierra mike on a few ships that need it (outside of ranked). I don't think they should sell combat flags EVER. But if they did the one I want most are the ones that reduce the length of fires, because those ones are awesome. Literally save 3.6% of your hp from each fire. On my GK or Yamato that literally could add up to 15k in a single game.

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

If youve not got a 19 point Captain you can by 300% XP flags which makes getting Captain skills dead easy to get

They sell 300% Free XP; XP flag  is only 50%

[NEIN]
Members
88 posts
14,813 battles

I too wish there was a way to get these other than containers.  I only run Sierra Mike on my Khab.  I usually have 0 - 4 at any one time.  Hate running without it but I will if I have to.

EDIT - just realized I have 380 coin from elements,.. might buy the Destroyer Commander Bundle

Edited by reefhawg